[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Yes, here, but i doubt it's correct to extrapolate here on there. Again, i think that if people of Nexus would want ending mod, there would be a lot more requests and comments about it. Like, "we want better endings, please make them". But no, silence. And do you see any formed and voiced protest anywhere except here? Reddit, YouTube and social networks have mixed opinions at best. No articles in the Internet, no news about people discontent with endings, no cake spam of CD Project HQ, no petitions on Change.org. We are the sole island of protest among vast ocean of not giving a damn(
Well. People not giving a damn is actually pretty alarming.
That means that they don't care anymore.

There is a gaping hole between the AI Alt and Arasaka endings and nothing in between except suicide.

As I said weeks ago, the Blackwall mission is where the game's story really starts falling apart:

AI Alt: Besides, I'm gonna flatline you and turn you into an engram.

V: Great plan. Let's do this.

I dunno, I get the general gist of it.

Alt: Your brain is merged with Johnny Silverhand. I need to copy your brain, separate you two, then reprint your mangled brain with your original mind.

I mean explaining how you get rid of cancer sounds horrible.

Alt: I need to poison you horribly so you don't heal when I cut it out of you.

Okay, I'm sorry, but I'm stupid.

What the HELL does "Saving yourself not the world" have to do with not being about Johnny Silverhand in your head?

It's like saying, "The President can't resign because broccoli."

What's the connection?

And yes, they added Keanu to all the sidequests. Nothing which would impact the main quest.
It does seem like you missed the point entirely.

That quote has nothing to do with Silverhand. What it means is that the protagonist is trying to "survive", not change the world for the better

It does seem like you missed the point entirely.

That quote has nothing to do with Silverhand. What it means is that the protagonist is trying to "survive", not change the world for the better

Except in Cyberpunk 2020 also wrote the best way to do cyberpunk is revolutionaries and punks trying to save the city (not the world).

Mike.jpg

I do think Cyberpunk 2020 is a much more optimistic and heroic game than Cyberpunk 2077 and wonder if that's influencing my interpretation of things. As a longtime fan of the original game, the point is to fight the corporations and protect the poor from the big bad authority.
Post automatically merged:

Shards are there to provide context they are not a plot device, similar to Misty's cards

It would be a non-canon modded anyway, wouldn't it?

I dunno, I get the general gist of it.

Alt: Your brain is merged with Johnny Silverhand. I need to copy your brain, separate you two, then reprint your mangled brain with your original mind.

I mean explaining how you get rid of cancer sounds horrible.

Alt: I need to poison you horribly so you don't heal when I cut it out of you.

Had it worked I would not be complaining so much.

But to add insult to injury AI Alt's plan fails (and it's possible that she lied from the beginning) and our engram copy has less than 6 months to live.

So first the game forces us to agree to an idiotic plan, proposed by a rogue AI with it's own motives. And then it kills off our original character per Soulkiller™ and even the soulless engram copy will die soon.

That would explain the lack of mods more serious than little tweaks — people have no plans to replay the game, perhaps not even to complete the first run.
In addition, lots of people have not finished the game yet and playerbase already dropped by 79% on steam.

On top of it, people are hoping for multi-player to revive the game.
They don't even got the massage that MP will be a separate release. Here is your answer on why there are no mods or requests. People can't even finish the game or they gave up.

Had it worked I would not be complaining as much.

But to add insult to injury AI Alts plan fails (and it's possible that she lied from the beginning) and our engram copy has less than 6 months to live.

So first the game forces us to agree to an idiotic plan, proposed by a rogue AI with it's own motives. And then it kills off our original character per Soulkiller™ and even the soulless engram copy will die soon.

To be fair, I am totally biased by this because I actually have suffered brain interruption before as a child. So the idea of V "dying" and having their brain reformatted doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. The doctors revived me from death and I don't see too much of a difference.

Except in Cyberpunk 2020 also wrote the best way to do cyberpunk is revolutionaries and punks trying to save the city (not the world).

Mike.jpg

I do think Cyberpunk 2020 is a much more optimistic and heroic game than Cyberpunk 2077 and wonder if that's influencing my interpretation of things. As a longtime fan of the original game, the point is to fight the corporations and protect the poor from the big bad authority.
He wasn't talking about 2077 when he said the quote, just in general
It would be a non-canon modded anyway, wouldn't it?
yea, it would be just fanfiction

In addition, lots of people have not finished the game yet and playerbase already dropped by 79% on steam.

On top of it, people are hoping for multi-player to revive the game.
They don't even got the massage that MP will be a separate release. Here is your answer on why there are no mods or requests. People can't even finish the game or they gave up.

Not arguing but don't most people not finish open world games?

Mind you, I stopped playing too but that's because I'm waiting for fixes.

Had it worked I would not be complaining so much.

But to add insult to injury AI Alt's plan fails (and it's possible that she lied from the beginning) and our engram copy has less than 6 months to live.

You can go on a picnic with Panam in the desert though

To be fair, I am totally biased by this because I actually have suffered brain interruption before as a child. So the idea of V "dying" and having their brain reformatted doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. The doctors revived me from death and I don't see too much of a difference.

Congrats on your recovery.

But in the game V is brain wiped, meaning that any neural activity is scrubbed from the grey matter. Memories, consciousness and so on...

When I heard that the game's main quest would be shorter than Witcher's I was absolutely ok with it, cause I expected them to build tall instead of wide.

So I thought we would have fewer quests/missions, but have more meaningful decisions during these quests and more replayability.

You know how that played out...

Personally, i was quite happy with the ending in this game... bittersweet endings are the best, and feeling you have after such experience lasts a lot longer than a happy ending.... Ending in Cyberpunk 2077 reminds me a lot Sucker Punch movie which had excellent sacrifice ending but many people did not got the message of it either...

Too bad the world is empty so now players are forced to play the story.

I thought at least I'd be able to change the nail polish on my character since it's the only part of the body you see, but it seems like nails don't grow in 2077, and nail polish doesn't fall off either
Nail polish in cp is perfect.

Style over substance.
Post automatically merged:

Personally, i was quite happy with the ending in this game... bittersweet endings are the best, and feeling you have after such experience lasts a lot longer than a happy ending.... Ending in Cyberpunk 2077 reminds me a lot Sucker Punch movie which had excellent sacrifice ending but many people did not got the message of it either...
Yeah. I felt sick for several days. Great job.

With the difference between suckerpunch and cyberpunk that the sacrifice does not matter and that the player is iffed in the epilogue.

90% bitter, 10% sweet does not create a bittersweet taste.

why? you are presented with a choices where you either live forever as an AI and give the body to Johnny, or take the body and live another 6 months.. (remember, you were shot to the head originally... you are living on borrowed time anyway...)

But i would maybe add another option if I was a developer for this game - for secret ending, if you give your body to Johnny, i would make Johnny leave Night City with a briefcase.. with another relic in it... (you guess what would be on that relic)

Top Bottom