[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
yeah but it’s not about the core fan base. Players in general dont like endings and find the game hollow in compare to TW3 and/or GTAV.

CDPR is not BioWare that have EA backing not to mention that MEA costs 40mln$ to make while CP77 costs only 350mln$. Add to this fact that it was done on their own engine already used several times (Frostbite) and by B team.
Bethesda could make a flop with FO76 but the same story as with MEA smaller budget, already owned engine used in several games and done by B geam

There is just no other way then go full NMS since i doubt that they could pull any meaningful sales numbers with their “new game” anytime soon.

the fiasco of CP77 is existential crisis for CDPR, literally.
yeah if a bethesda game flops they can just rerelease skyrim.
CDPR have invested massively in this and it's part of their LT strategy, they can't afford for it to shatter their (capital B) Brand.
If they leave it as is it will taint everything that comes after, if they go NMS redemption arc with it then it'll both A) lay the foundation they need to go forward with the franchise B) Re-secure consumer confidence in their brand, people will know that CDPR is a seal of quality. You can't buy that kind of reputation, (except you can, by laundering the money through development of your product.)

Underpromise, Overdeliver. This is the way.

edit: Just to add, even if you're the worst corporation, brand image is still everything and when one of your companies biggest strengths is your reputation then you need to double down on it. they don't need to be saints to act in a pro consumer manner.

Just came across this, from an interview that came out back in late 2019

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.32.33.png
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.32.49.png
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.33.01.png
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.33.12.png

Pondsmith had the right idea all the time. I read some of his interviews and I got the impression that his view is that while you live in this dystopian world full of ruthless megacorps you can still carve out your own niche if you play your cards right.

You won't change the world, but you will be able to save your own ass and that of your friends and even megacorps are not untouchable if you play them against each other.

Pondsmith had the right idea all the time. I read some of his interviews and I got the impression that his view is that while you live in this dystopian world full of ruthless megacorps you can still carve out your own niche if you play your cards right.

You won't change the world, but you will be able to save your own ass and that of your friends and even megacorps are not untouchable if you play them against each other.
Pretty much... What he is describing is an entirely different game... What we got is Johnny Silverhand Simulator 2077

I think that the concept that CDP wants to express with this shame is delay, the game was delayed, seems that it is getting delayed again to June, first game ever to be delayed after launch date.
And the game is about delay B's death, first two weeks, then six months, with a dlc we will be able to delay it for a year or so.

Talking about Cyberpunk red and how it bridges between 2077 and 2020... We don't even know anything about Militech...

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.48.07.png
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.48.21.png
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 13.48.36.png

I would be much more pleased with an ending like that, V gets really fucked, maybe loss of memory, capabilities, but survives, remains as a loser, but alive, carving to be another day in NC.
But we got: No matter what you made, you don't survive, you dice, or get eaten by an AI or Arasaka. But hey you can give your body to an intruder that kills you. Don't fight cancer, let it take over your body.

That sounds very much like what we all want. And sounds logical too.

I think that he is, the 57 years difference is still odd and kinda forced. Saburo was already pretty old in 2020, actually he is 150 yo in 2077, feels a bit too much.
He has best geriatric treatment in the world, but yes, looks like CDPR had no courage or imagination to create a new head Arasaka.
And Saburo lives for so long also because he eats real food cooked by Takemura))

Top Bottom