[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I happily quote it once more:

I just want, what seemingly Pondsmith had in mind from the get go and that is saving myself (V) and my loved ones(Judy and River - Panam and Kerry for others). That´s practically all i ask for. Sure still many people would die (Jackie, Evelyn, etc.), but at least that would make up for it. It is the reason worth it all.

What is wrong with wanting something, that should´ve obviously been there anyways and supposedly the main task!

And if I don´t beat the main task in any game, it´s game over and i failed!!! And Pondsmith himself said that this is the main task! So there´s no beating this game as of current!
Simply put: I play games to win.

If the last leak was true, then lots of endgame and epilogue content was cut because of bugs.

Maybe the epilogue was able to value player agency? The other games made by the studio were pretty good at this.

This brings up the question how the other story arcs and 2 (4) additional endings could have been. Large underground areas sounds like voodoo-boys content....

I think the best thing I can do is forget about the game and wait to see what will happen, about what the DLCs and expansions will be.
If the game really doesn't have anything else after the finals, all I can do is delete the game and put it on my list of the worst games in the world.
I have the same plan. Back to Tamriel with me until significant changes come to the game. And if they don't.... well hopefully I will be disengaged enough from this game not to care.

So also in current state of the story simple "To be continued..." should be sufficient enough to buy some time for devs and calm the community
Thing is, in my opinion releasing an RPG that doesn't intend to offer a proper conclusion in the main game is just bad design. Why should I have to pay extra to see my character survive?
In the witcher the expansions built on top of the already concluded story. It just went the extra mile so to speak.

Thing is, in my opinion releasing an RPG that doesn't intend to offer a proper conclusion in the main game is just bad design. Why should I have to pay extra to see my character survive?
In the witcher the expansions built on top of the already concluded story. It just went the extra mile so to speak.
I would consider this more being a bandaid.

But since Draconifors ready replied that the leaks are not true, I don't expect them to fix the game.

It wasn't. Just linking that in this thread as well.
At least that has been cleared up then.

In theory I agree, but if they yet deliver something that makes it conclusive I can always ponder the question then if I still find it worthy to obtain. (that answer will most like be yes)
As it stands now, all hope for such is not lost

I happily quote it once more:

I just want, what seemingly Pondsmith had in mind from the get go and that is saving myself (V) and my loved ones(Judy and River - Panam and Kerry for others). That´s practically all i ask for. Sure still many people would die (Jackie, Evelyn, etc.), but at least that would make up for it. It is the reason worth it all.

What is wrong with wanting something, that should´ve obviously been there anyways and supposedly the main task!

And if I don´t beat the main task in any game, it´s game over and i failed!!! And Pondsmith himself said that this is the main task! So there´s no beating this game as of current!

Exactly. If successfully beating a game means loosing it all again then that is just something my brain can't follow. I may be wired weirdly, but as I said before, killing off the player character (V, not Johnny) for no reason is the ultimate disrespect of the player. And I can't see any reason for the plot cancer.

Not to mention, V was a character in her own right.
The lack of communication on CDPRs part to me screams damage control. Ignore it till it all blows over.
I've made my predictions before and I am sticking to them. CDPR did V dirty and I will deeply miss her. As well as the other characters. Such a waste.

At the pace things are currently going, the first story DLC will hit after 6 months of release of CP77. Enjoy that mental image and what that may mean when you play it.

What little hope I had left is gone by now. CP will probably go the way of the dodo in favor of the Witcher or false promises for a future (prolly soft reboot already) title.

I understand that, but if you have 2 options:
1. Cut the game at the culmination point and leave the community with a feeling of emptiness, unfulfilling and they convey some theories to close the plot on their own
2. Give the community even with a slight hint with "To Be Continued...".

What will you choose? Mostly it will be second option. I don't mean that have to be DLC, but for example sequel?

If the character is doomed to die why they did not state that in credits, but leave 3 endings where we see the character basically at the start of a new journey?

We're back to the beginning. The diagnosis is as follows. Not a word about the fact that there is no cure.
Yep, not a word. But full sentences :
Alt "- I made a mistake in excluding the body as a factor. DNA reconfiguration has progressed too far. Added to aggressive, invasive medications, the body's immune system is attacking its own neurons. V will die independent of what I do. This is inevitable. This is imminent. I could not know the situation before conducting a thorough and precise diagnosis. The biochip has irreversibly changed the host organism. It no longer belongs to V. who is an intruder there. The situation is different for you -Johnny-. All changes were made to accommodate you. The changes are irreversible. You have nothing left to lose, he has everything to gain. "

Of course. As well as yours. Why, then, even refer to Alt, if her knowledge in this matter is extremely dubious and is not confirmed by anything.
You've got a point. I'm not CDPR. I however have some knowledge of Cyberpunk P&P background, some knowledge of the Cyberpunk genre, and some knowledge in computers. Believe me when I say that Alt is, by all these fields, much more proficient that any med-bot.

Without treatment, yes. But the bottom line is that Helman's words are no longer worth anything if you don't choose Arasaka.
Fact is you can interpret any line of dialogue the way you like. There are 3 narrative arcs and each excludes the others 2. In all of them, there is no indication you live.
Are the NPCs lying at some point ? Probably. Or not. We don't know for sure.

I have already offered my own version of the scenario for dlc. V fucks a nomad with AIDS and the problem is solved. What's worse than the original plot? It seems at the same level.
Since there is no DLC available, I'd rather not extrapolate on them. CDPR can do much, as well as not much.
Post automatically merged:

It wasn't. Just linking that in this thread as well.
Sometimes, CDPR, you should simply keep your mouth shut rather than being an arsonist...

Yep, not a word. But full sentences :
Alt "- I made a mistake in excluding the body as a factor. DNA reconfiguration has progressed too far. Added to aggressive, invasive medications, the body's immune system is attacking its own neurons. V will die independent of what I do. This is inevitable. This is imminent. I could not know the situation before conducting a thorough and precise diagnosis. The biochip has irreversibly changed the host organism. It no longer belongs to V. who is an intruder there. The situation is different for you -Johnny-. All changes were made to accommodate you. The changes are irreversible. You have nothing left to lose, he has everything to gain. "

You've got a point. I'm not CDPR. I however have some knowledge of Cyberpunk P&P background, some knowledge of the Cyberpunk genre, and some knowledge in computers. Believe me when I say that Alt is, by all these fields, much more proficient that any med-bot.

Fact is you can interpret any line of dialogue the way you like. There are 3 narrative arcs and each excludes the others 2. In all of them, there is no indication you live.
Are the NPCs lying at some point ? Probably. Or not. We don't know for sure.

Since there is no DLC available, I'd rather not extrapolate on them. CDPR can do much, as well as not much.
Post automatically merged:

Sometimes, CDPR, you should simply keep your mouth shut rather than being an arsonist...
Especially the DNA bullshit is hurting my head, when gene therapy is so common in the world of cyberpunk.. In addition. If the body was changed to fit to the new host, the new host better get used to sit on the toilet. Or did I miss something here?

This whole DNA bs is absolutely dumb in the light of the cyberpunk universe.

Especially the DNA bullshit is hurting my head, when gene therapy is so common in the world of cyberpunk.. In addition. If the body was changed to fit to the new host, the new host better get used to sit on the toilet. Or did I miss something here?

And, to think, for some people plot cancer is a sign of deep and serious plot)

Aren't there people in this universe who get like animal morph modifications or whatever? like tails and ears and whatnot? I'm not an expert but wouldn't that require some sort of DNA modification? Couldn't a person just modify their DNA to not fit the host either?
Like I said I'm not expert but just curious.

Aren't there people in this universe who get like animal morph modifications or whatever? like tails and ears and whatnot? I'm not an expert but wouldn't that require some sort of DNA modification? Couldn't a person just modify their DNA to not fit the host either?
Like I said I'm not expert but just curious.
not an expert, but yes there are gene modded "exotics" I'm sure one of the pnp buffs could fill you in as they've already mentioned them several times.

Top Bottom