[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
lol, nope.. its never about destination.. destination is finite - DEATH... nobody can cheat death... its the journey that matters..

I don't think the game conveys that.

The journey (storyline) is 100% the same. The destinations (endings) are different (but in fact the same). That's the problem.

I'd love my V to have family and friends, but deciding for other players that they can't choose status and money sounds a bit like moralizing, and I don't think an RPG that lets us side with Arasaka and betray Johnny would do that.

The journey (storyline) is 100% the same. The destinations (endings) are different (but in fact the same). That's the problem.

I'd love my V to have family and friends, but deciding for other players that they can't choose status and money sounds a bit like moralizing, and I don't think an RPG that lets us side with Arasaka and betray Johnny would do that.

game doesnt have to... its up to player to realize that.

The whole game is moralizing.

wow, how deep. Thing is you can't even decide how you want to spend the rest of V's life if that's what CDPR really wanted to say, because you can't make any choices after the one on the rooftop.

you make your decisions there... its a turning point where you either ask for help your friends, or take Hanako offer, or go with Johnny suicide plan... If they allowed player to "change mind" later, that would be a bad design...

lol, nope.. its never about destination.. destination is finite - DEATH... nobody can cheat death... its the journey that matters..

Right, we'll have to agree to disagree here. The time is important, sometimes more than the rest. I was with Johnny there, the journey is more important than the destination is philosophy for the poor.

The whole thing about going with the nomads = choosing family and staying in NC = being a greedy asshole never sat right with me. Not even sure that was the message intended in the game, and it throws every other relationship that V can develop throughout the game under the bus except for Panam and the Aldecaldos. There's no "canon" path for V, and it actually feels like it right up until the ending.

I swear to god, I'm gonna punch someone if anyone says about the journey. What fucking journey? Constantly suffering, trying to find a way to cure? Are you kidding me? What is the journey? What is the point of the journey? You don't save anyone, you gain no deeper insight in life, nothing.

Only what matters if destination. In main story, all you do is find a way to cure yourself. Side missions doesn't count, why? Because they are side missions, you can complete whole story without doing them and in main story you are only trying to find a way to save yourself.

Jesus Christ people really don't see it or what?

I swear to god, I'm gonna punch someone if anyone says about the journey. What fucking journey? Constantly suffering, trying to find a way to cure? Are you kidding me? What is the journey? What is the point of the journey? You don't save anyone, you gain no deeper insight in life, nothing.
Something like that ? :
destination.jpg

If the game was a linear story with a set V that is established to hate Night City and want to find a family in the Badlands, I'd even agree. But my journey was completely different from that, and despite the limited choices this thread shows that you can RP V in wildly different ways.

Most of the people that find the endings satisfying actually only like The Star, and they like mostly because they romance Panam/Judy and hate Night City. And that's perfectly fine, but let's not assume that's every other player's journey.

Edit: can't type on my phone

Last edited:
Of course the medium matters.
You can develop things in a 750 page novel you cannot even allude to in a 2 hour movie.
The work of the screenplay writer and the work of the director are very important, and they should tell the actor what feeling or attitude they want to be shown.
That's why no movie or series are true to novels. Things you can do in a novels simply can't be done in a movie. Starting with something as basic as the setting. J.J. Anaud, director, said about "The Name of The Rose" that Eco could have decided to make the place with 700 towers. That would cost nothing to him, as a writer, to imagine such a place. But, as a director, it would cost much to build such a set to shoot the movie.
Exactly.
medium matters.
(You can simply describe it better than me)

Especially when the medium is interactive and the result seen on the screen is (or better should be) a direct consequence of the players actions.

and the game was about death?
how very nice from CDPR, shame that they didn’t tell anyone before 10th of December, I sure that they would be luck if only 50% of player base bought this game with this kind of story.

You want to play game about death and meaningless of life sort of - go play Nier Automata and see how this should be done properly.
Here it’s just pretentious edgy story, that for the whole game can not make up its mind about what it is
- becoming a legen
- survival
- death
- fighting with Arasaka
- evil Night City.

The concept of death as a “goal” of those endings is so edgy and bizarre that most of playerbase doesn’t even think that this can be a case and it’s just a cliffhanger to be “fixed” in upcoming expansions.

you make your decisions there... its a turning point where you either ask for help your friends, or take Hanako offer, or go with Johnny suicide plan... If they allowed player to "change mind" later, that would be a bad design...

nope. The Aldecaldos aren't my friends, I've told Panam several times that i like NC and don't want to be a Nomad. Johnny's idea is not a suicide mission. None of the options you can choose from on the rooftop should be related to who you want to spend the rest of your life with. You decide with whom you want to attack Arasaka, it's not a marriage contract. I should be able to do go with Rogue and still chose Panam or go with the Aldecaldos and still stay in NC with River or Kerry. Because the big reveal (you die in six months..probably) comes after I've chosen my partners for the final mission and if the message really is "chose how you spend the rest of your life", then I should be allowed to actively make this decision and not be railroaded into a completely arbitrary situation just because of one decision on a rooftop.

And I would really appreciate if people didn't assume that eveybody wants to spend the rest of their lives with some hobos on the road. I like the characters more embroiled in the NC life far better and I think they fit the whole Cyberpunk theme better than the Nomads.

Last edited:
Exactly.
medium matters.
(You can simply describe it better than me)
Especially when the medium is interactive and the result seen on the screen is (or better should be) a direct consequence of the players actions.
"This is not a RPG if you can't piss on the dragon." :)
Interactivity is always limited and the games can't offer limitless freedom of action. There are limited options in the interactive medium. It can be frustrating when you find that something obvious is not even possible (breaking a door with a battle axe to access a room instead of unlocking the door) just because the devs want you to do something specific.
There are games in which choices matter, and there is CP2077 where they don't...

Besides, Rogue blasted Arasaka Towers and is still operating in Night City. You can actually wrong deeply a corpo and get away with it. So much for your excuse...

Well actually during the quest of Smasher search with Rough this thing was noticed, but not completely explained. Are you played the game?

The other things i see here just disappointment in private senses from the game, not related to the game quality really.

This game is about avoiding death and not embracing it.
Post automatically merged:

Well actually during the quest of Smasher search with Rough this thing was noticed, but not completely explained. Are you played the game?

The other things i see here just disappointment in private senses from the game, not related to the game quality really.
This makes me question if you have played the game or just watched the endings on YouTube.

I played the game and it is explained : Rogue sold herself to some corp. She is under protection. As I said, so much for your excuse.

Oh yeah ? Want to discuss the qualities of the game when it can't even compare to a GTA San Andreas which is 16 year older ?
Let's go :
- Choices don't matter
- Lifepaths don't matter
- Content cut
- Storyline cut (great up to act 3, then pathetic)
- No AI
- Police is ridiculous
- Open world dead and empty
- Cars useless, no car chase (which were promised)
- "Netrunning" is another word for "magic"
- Crafting is broken
- Skill trees are broken (useless or overpowered perks)
- Scaling sucks
- You name it

The only quality is its beauty and eye candy.
The next gen gaming experience is simply some bloated lie.
But you can be happy with it. To me, that simply means that if the game meets your expectations, your expectations were somewhat very low.

Last edited:
This game is about avoiding death and not embracing it.

Exactly. If you want to make a game about embracing death, why don't you tell V that they got 6 months to live right when they wake up after the heist, and give them the following options:
- just enjoy their life quietly, looking for LIs
- go on some suicidal missions to earn cash (probably trying to buy survival)
- eat healthily and sleep well to pass the body to Johnny in the best state :ROFLMAO:

I really liked the ending, the story is the strong point of this bug fest of a game and this universe is as dark as it should, this is Cyberpunk Night City, not Disney Land.
Also after the "good" ending, you are still alive, and when there is life there is hope, ... for a DLC/ Expansion. At this point in the story, V has already dies two times and here he/she is alive in the Badlands sunlight, living the present time as a bonus, I found it was quiet good.

Top Bottom