[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Tbh I just want a statement that you will be able to play as V (either the copy or the original if you went with the brain surgery) in the DLC that takes place after the base game campaign. And hopefully with listening to the feedback, they will include at least 1 ending for them that offers a proper closure for our V and for us.

I just don't like that, for one it's a secret ending, if I remember correctly. And it's more for Johnny than for V. At least you don't get soulkilled though. If it's the one I am thinking of it relies on a certain friendship level with Johnny.
You give up, and Johnny takes over, V dies. Johnny fulfills his terrorist dream. Hurray

I just don't like that, for one it's a secret ending, if I remember correctly. And it's more for Johnny than for V. At least you don't get soulkilled though. If it's the one I am thinking of it relies on a certain friendship level with Johnny.
Yeah, when I say best, I mean least worst. Also, in the endings where you do get hit with Soulkiller, I actually think the game makes it obvious it knows all it's endings are shitty. V says something along the lines of "I was hoping for a happier ending", almost literally like a damn meta comment, which Johnny shoots down as impossible for people like them.

I'm starting to see why the people earlier in this thread who claimed cyberpunk was always bleak like these endings; they aren't subtly bleak. They are in your face grimdark, asserted by the game itself as the only possible outcome.

I just noticed Jackie just shoves the Relic on our slot, we don't even get a say whether we want that chip or not
I wish I could be like:

adfasdf.jpg

Call me old fashioned, but I want a game where my character, V in this case, fights the impossible and comes out victorious. Because I hate to see a fate for a character that I created, put my heart & soul in, invested so much in and then everything you do is pointless. you lose your friend(Jackie), you get terrorized by Johnny Silverhand, but hey you still have your love(River in my case, Panam for most i guess)...wrong!!! You will die no matter what and so will your relationship!!! You get nothing by playing this game!!! yes that Jackie thing could be ok if the ending was. and hey if the ending was good, I would even let that fucking Johnny thing slide, but no!!!! Why is that motherfucking shitface the only person who truly can win in this game???? Because it is Keanu Reaves??? F*ck that idiot, if he had a say about that.

Last edited:
Call me old fashioned, but I want a game where my character, V in this case, fights the impossible and comes out victorious. Because I hate to see a fate for a character that I created, put my heart & soul in, invested so much in and then everything you do is pointless. you lose your friend(Jackie), you get terrorized by Johnny Silverhand, but hey you still have your love(River in my case, Panam for most i guess)...wrong!!! You will die no matter what and so will your relationship!!! You get nothing by playing this game!!! yes that Jackie thing could be ok if the ending was. and hey if the ending was good, I would even let that fucking Johnny thing slide, but no!!!! Why is that motherfucking shitface the only person who truly can win in this game????
Choices...
1608165630133.png

I got a feeling this would be literal reaction from CDPR if someone from there would read this thread.

Call me old fashioned, but I want a game where my character, V in this case, fights the impossible and comes out victorious. Because I hate to see a fate for a character that I created, put my heart & soul in, invested so much in and then everything you do is pointless. you lose your friend(Jackie), you get terrorized by Johnny Silverhand, but hey you still have your love(River in my case, Panam for most i guess)...wrong!!! You will die no matter what and so will your relationship!!! You get nothing by playing this game!!! yes that Jackie thing could be ok if the ending was. and hey if the ending was good, I would even let that fucking Johnny thing slide, but no!!!! Why is that motherfucking shitface the only person who truly can win in this game????
Instead, basically what we got was an overpriced movie

So.... Basically the game is about V being f*cked over against their will by Dex, Jackie, Silverhand, and Arasaka... Remind me again what was the point of the game, again?

"cyberpunk is dark and gritty! appreciate the art! think of the futility of your life!" (in the year which is all about death, paranoia, and conflict)

I'm starting to see why the people earlier in this thread who claimed cyberpunk was always bleak like these endings; they aren't subtly bleak. They are in your face grimdark, asserted by the game itself as the only possible outcome.
Like multiple of us have said, this just isn't the medium for it. Might have made a good novel. At least not a game that can last tens of hours. One that was advertised as an RPG where choices matter...Granted, I GUESS they have been trying to play it off as an "action-adventure".

I can probably guarantee that most of their customers didn't expect an action adventure, or some artsy crap.

If id want to think about futility of life, id run in the nearest mall and lick a thing or two. That come real fkn fast. Then again, would be my choice :shrug:

yeah. my parents got covid at the end of October, mom was hospitalized, dad spent 2 weeks coughing his lungs out in the next room. can't say I was panicking at that moment but I'm pretty sure I'm traumatized and still haven't quite processed it.

hoped for some escapism with Cyberpunk, but yeah.

I don't get it, why they didn't postpone the release date "Considering this years event we have to postpone the release date".
I don't think anyone would be mad about it, except some special snowflakes that send death threats,
Post automatically merged:

yeah. my parents got covid at the end of October, mom was hospitalized, dad spent 2 weeks coughing his lungs out in the next room. can't say I was panicking at that moment but I'm pretty sure I'm traumatized and still haven't quite processed it.

hoped for some escapism with Cynerpunk, but yeah.
"Ah, you thought you can escape 2020 in virtual reality, think AGAIN!"

Top Bottom