[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
For how I know CDPR they 'might' pick this up and try to make the players happier by putting some additional touches to the story by additional content.. who knows. Also nothing is impossible.

With Witcher 3 Blood and Wine they practically built and added another game. My hopes are strong.

Small OT:
Also I'm quite excited to see how the multiplayer turns out.

I personally didnt like the endings i could be wrong here and i only speak for myself. i dont think that the games MUST have happy ending (although i would appreciate it cus it makes me happy) but i think the games endings were lazy.

1: The johnny ending really pissed me off. the entire game they tease that johnny is a rebel that hates Mega-Corp and it makes you believe that when johnny gets V´s body he will blow up Arasaka building again, but when he gets V´s body he just chills in a buss. i expected a last mission where you blow up Arasaka HQ again or something. i Expected him to do some "Rebel shit" or something and not chilling in a buss. i feel like they intentionally did that to make it feel bitter. unnecessary. although this ending is not a "happy ending" but still could have been really satisfying.
Also it pissed me off that if you chose the Arasaka ending Johnny lectures you about "principles" for 10 min and how you are a sellout but when johnny gets V´s body he goes and chills in a buss instead of sticking in to the Megacorp. What a hypocrite. (thats just how i feel about it) i dont know i just liked to see johnny stick to his "principles" and nuke Arasaka again and get away with it this time.

2: i thought that the Devs tried to make the endings bitter ( some bitter sweet and some really bitter) and i thought they failed. for example the arasaka endig dont tell you if you get a new body or Arasaka puts you in the vault forever. it seems they left that part out just to make it bitter. unnecessary in my opinion. it would have been interesting to know if Arasaka would screw you over or not. the ending was too open ended.

3:Also if you chose not to sign the contract why didnt they show V going back to Earth and visit Panang or other lovers. I mean you gonna die in 6 months anyway. same result as the Aldecaldo ending except Saul,Teddy and the other guy didnt die. it seems the non contract Arasaka ending was the best but they didnt show V visiting Panang again.

4: The Path of glory ending didnt feel like "glory" johnny flies to some spacestation with a gun. XD HAHAHAHA WTF. i actually expected something with a nuke and not a gun in space which he didnt even fire anyway. all the endings were too open ended. what a disappointment

im sure i missed alot of things but i came here just to express my feelings about the games ending. hopefully Devs listens and considers some of what i have to say. in the end i treat this game the way i tread zelda BOTW. which is a great game but ending is just meh or forgetable. the real meat of that meal was the shrines and the journey. with Cyberpunk the real meat is the Side quests and GIGs.

ANYWAYS i like to hear you guys opinions about the endings. tell me how you felt about it

Regarding your second point, what happens is that Alt uses Soulkiller on V when he // she submerges into the ice cold water. This means that V died and has been assimilated into Alt's AI, but Alt had returned a copy of V to inhabit his // her body (This is what we were talking about when we said Fake-V and Real-V. Real V is dead, Fake V is around for 6 months).

It just feels wrong to have not included at least one good ending. It doesn't necessarily have to be "happy" per se. I'll give some examples.

I would be 100% okay with either of the following options and consider them to be "good" in contrast to the other endings, though still retaining the "bittersweet" notion of it all.

1. V manages to avoid dying to Soulkiller and was able to stop the neural degradation from the Biochip. This means there is no assimilation, no engram, and no eventual demise for our protagonist, but the original, authentic V we came to care for over the many hours we played as is still alive and well. However, the damage has taken it's toll on our body. We still suffer frequent glitches in our software and vomit blood on the daily. In short: We live, but we walk out with scars to bear.
  2. V manages to avoid dying to Soulkiller and has discovered the neural degradation can be prevented through a sort of "compatibility." V and Johnny find a way coexist with each other and live in the same body through some modification to the Biochip. It's still in you, but you're not dead. Your body is not wholly your own, but you are no longer dying and can live the rest of your life.

And then they have the audacity to show us recorded messages from the characters we interacted with in the credits which really got to me because my romance option was like "I'm leaving Night City... Goodbye V" and I was like.. What? Why would you do that to me? Why would you put that character through even more pain too? Everything was good and there was love for us both. But nah, CDPR are like "Cyberpunk genre means everything must go wrong at every turn".

Everything I did and all I got was sadness from this game, and now I don't even wanna play it.
Yep. You rope other characters into your misery, you string them along during romances. I'd say V getting into ANY romances in this game is very selfish. Arthur had the chance to get into a romance, he met a widow out in the woods, and I really felt the connection they had. Arthur never strung her along.

But again, Arthur knew he was dying. V - and you the player - think there will be a chance to save themselves.

Regarding your second point, what happens is that Alt uses Soulkiller on V when he // she submerges into the ice cold water. This means that V died and has been assimilated into Alt's AI, but Alt had returned a copy of V to inhabit his // her body (This is what we were talking about when we said Fake-V and Real-V. Real V is dead, Fake V is around for 6 months).

It just feels wrong to have not included at least one good ending. It doesn't necessarily have to be "happy" per se. I'll give some examples.

I would be 100% okay with either of the following options and consider them to be "good" in contrast to the other endings, though still retaining the "bittersweet" notion of it all.

1. V manages to avoid dying to Soulkiller and was able to stop the neural degradation from the Biochip. This means there is no assimilation, no engram, and no eventual demise for our protagonist, but the original, authentic V we came to care for over the many hours we played as is still alive and well. However, the damage has taken it's toll on our body. We still suffer frequent glitches in our software and vomit blood on the daily. In short: We live, but we walk out with scars to bear.
  2. V manages to avoid dying to Soulkiller and has discovered the neural degradation can be prevented through a sort of "compatibility." V and Johnny find a way coexist with each other and live in the same body through some modification to the Biochip. It's still in you, but you're not dead. Your body is not wholly your own, but you are no longer dying and can live the rest of your life.
Both of those options would have made me feel so satisfied. Like there was actual consequences to having soulkiller in our mind. Those would have been really powerful and it gives me shivers thinking about how it could be delivered.

For how I know CDPR they 'might' pick this up and try to make the players happier by putting some additional touches to the story by additional content.. who knows. Also nothing is impossible.

With Witcher 3 Blood and Wine they practically built and added another game. My hopes are strong.

Small OT:
Also I'm quite excited to see how the multiplayer turns out.

One can only hope. Using Fallout New Vegas as an example, that game didn't have great gameplay, but the RPG elements and narrative were really good that it made an astounding ripple throughout not only the Fallout fanbase, but also the RPG genre in general. If CDPR were to appease the community instead of leaving us with these... depressive endings (among other problems also), what I said about Fallout New Vegas can - and most certainly will - hold true to Cyberpunk.

They said it was closed with the base game?

All I know about DLC is that CDPR said "Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial, story-driven content that’ll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won’t soon forget". Hopefully a continuation of the story. They can't just leave us with that. They told us to be vocal about the game in the forums, and everyone is vocal about wanting continuation.
Like, I'm sorry Cdpr, but with these endings. Any dlc that doesn't add to, or revise them will never be "impactful".
Post automatically merged:

One can only hope. Using Fallout New Vegas as an example, that game didn't have great gameplay, but the RPG elements and narrative were really good that it made an astounding ripple throughout not only the Fallout fanbase, but also the RPG genre in general. If CDPR were to appease the community instead of leaving us with these... depressive endings (among other problems also), what I said about Fallout New Vegas can - and most certainly will - hold true to Cyberpunk.
Maybe it's a good thing they delayed their DLC (I heard). They have a chance to see what the audience wants. Hopefully a revised, or new ("good") ending.

Maybe Soulkiller is actually the stories hook here.

Silverhands engram was created with an early version of Soulkiller. Arasaka developed Soulkiller for 50 more years until the events of the main story.

Also Alt mentions that the changes of the bio chip would be fatal to V, not Soulkillers use. Since she is the creator of Soulkiller maybe she altered the program before Mikoshis destruction ?

Well, everything about this game is depressing, Evelyn's story is just heartbreaking as is Judy's.

But the Nomad ending is just plain depressing if you think about it, you kill a good portion of Panam friends, make she go back to where she used to live (in her words, going back instead of forwards) but the saving part is that she has you, well... does she? This left me empty and a game rarely does that (the alone end in The Witcher 3 didn't fazed me as this did).

The only good part is that if it wasn't for this job the Aldecaldos would've probably parted ways as the clan was already a wreck.

You would think that at the shitty times we're living a game that we take as entertainment would help us to feel a little better, boy are we wrong.

We can only hope now that we get some closure in the DLCs, hopefully a happy ending.

Maybe Soulkiller is actually the stories hook here.

Silverhands engram was created with an early version of Soulkiller. Arasaka developed Soulkiller for 50 more years until the events of the main story.

Also Alt mentions that the changes of the bio chip would be fatal to V, not Soulkillers use. Since she is the creator of Soulkiller maybe she altered the program before Mikoshis destruction ?

Perhaps instead of a direct modification to the Biochip itself, maybe something along the lines of a software update could potentially come into play? Alt, after all, knows it much better than anyone else, thus may actually have the skills necessary.

In short: a Java update to save V's life.

Well, everything about this game is depressing, Evelyn's story is just heartbreaking as is Judy's.

But the Nomad ending is just plain depressing if you think about it, you kill a good portion of Panam friends, make she go back to where she used to live (in her words, going back instead of forwards) but the saving part is that she has you, well... does she? This left me empty and a game rarely does that (the alone end in The Witcher 3 didn't fazed me as this did).

The only good part is that if it wasn't for this job the Aldecaldos would've probably parted ways as the clan was already a wreck.

You would think that at the shitty times we're living a game that we take as entertainment would help us to feel a little better, boy are we wrong.

We can only hope now that we get some closure in the DLCs, hopefully a happy ending.
Imo Evelyns death was tragic, but justified and bearable for the story. After all she caused the events, unwillingly, but sacrifices had to be made for the narrative.

I agree with the rest of your post though.

Also yes, I also was eager and hyped to play CP2077 so much and it blew me away Thursday night and Friday evening, but once Act 2 kicked in and finished Panams storyline I realized more and more that I would go down a long depressive trip. And well here I'm :/

The endings are just a kick to the head to me. Which is a shame since I find the gameplay and exploration so fun. I was expecting some bleak endings, but not all of them. Taking away all player choice for basically variations of the same ending is the ME 3 scenario all over again. Here's hoping that DLC can expand on the ending with Panam and the Nomads.

Granted, it still leads to the problem that many of you are saying that V really isn't V anymore. You would be playing a clone or copy of the V that died. Just like Johnny really isn't Johnny in your head either. I think the game makes it clear when you talk to Alt (who only looks like her) that all these engrams are just false copies and that all these characters that soulkiller is used on are really dead. Could Panam fall in love with a copy of my V? Could anyone? It raises a lot of ethical questions about all this. Though this will never be real technology it still is rather horrifying to actually think about. I'm all over the place with my thoughts on this game it's both great in gameplay and frustrating with story.

I also hope the nomad ending is canon and there will be a story DLC for a cure or something, despite CDPR already said the main story is closed with the base game :/

Devs can say all kinds of things. Doesn't mean they can't change their mind. Or weren't telling the truth from the start. I'm hoping they understand some of the discontent in the forums.

Yep.. no chance of a "happy" ending no matter what choices you made in the story. Ever since I got spoiled, I have felt so depressed. I thought sleeping in today, would maybe help. Nope. Funny that a games story would effect me, and some of you guys like this. I haven't even brought myself to create my new corpo character, I stil just think, what is the point? I want to play the game... but I don't want to. Nothing matters.

i truely hope that cdpr will do so cause...good lord, if they don't, everyone will hate them for it

Granted, it still leads to the problem that many of you are saying that V really isn't V anymore. You would be playing a clone or copy of the V that died. Just like Johnny really isn't Johnny in your head either.

Though V's and Johnnys engrams are fully conscious with memories and so on.

In fact the engrams are not copies of minds but rather of souls, since you capture the personality of a person, not just the memories.

This is a very philosophical approach. You could copy the engram of V to any body and it would be V, since the personality defines the human, not the shell.

Though V's and Johnnys engrams are fully conscious with memories and so on.

In fact the engrams are not copies of minds but rather of souls, since you capture the personality of a person, not just the memories.

This is a very philosophical approach. You could copy the engram of V to any body and it would be V, since the personality defines the human, not the shell.
it doesn't really matter to talk about it since v engram is going to die 6 month later anyway

Top Bottom