[Spoilers] A B&W epilogue I would have liked, and a Thank you to CDPR

+
[Spoilers] A B&W epilogue I would have liked, and a Thank you to CDPR

[Blood & Wine ending Spoilers]

Let me first say I am 100% satisfied with the ending to B&W. In no way trying to nitpick the diff endings, the way CDPR brilliantly did the "end titles" scene with Regis, or the final visitor to Corvo Bianco. Everything was fantastic.

My visitor was Yen, and the surprise was complete. Loved it, all of it. I know they had to leave the game open-ended after you talk so you to continue playing if you want. However, this is what I would have loved to see at some point after you exhaust all the dialogue choices and perhaps confirm you have nothing left to do (this is assuming Yen was your visitor):

Geralt and Yen approach the portico and once again, B.B. is flustered and looking for you. You ask him what is it this time, and before he can answer, you hear laughter coming from Corvo Bianco. As you open the front door, and once again cautiously look around for the source.... you find Triss, Ciri, and Dandelion huddled around looking at your semi-nude painting! All of them have come with Yen, knowing you were at great risk of becoming lonely. Hugs all around (tears for us), Geralt then begins showing everyone some his trophies, artwork, and sooner or later, breaks out the special White Wolf wine he was given in the Wine Wars quest (or the Sangreal). Then, a knock at the door, and as B.B. goes to answer, who pops in but Zoltan and Regis!

Then a short montage of the group laughing, drinking, hugging, reassuring, enjoying it all. And set not to the classical Witcher music this time, but an emotional song that serves to emphasize the bond between these people, these heroes. A slow motion fade out to the music, and finally a personalized thank you from the CDPR team, and...... perfect.

(As a suggestion, try to think of the one song that for whatever reason causes you to choke up and think about your best friend - dont fight it, we all have one - to be used to end this scene. Now try envisioning this once more.)

I don't think I've ever enjoyed a single game this much. It's going to be difficult not having any more content to look forward to in this universe. Great storytellers are hard to find, and in the gaming business, even harder. I want to thank CDPR for this masterpiece. I feel so lucky to have played it. I'll miss playing it. And I hope someday I'll find another game that is as rewarding and as memorable.

One final scene I would have loved is a party with everyone in. Kind like the one Shepard throws to their friends in Citadel DLC / ME3. And they all would have to dance! =))

I would strongly prefer resources be spent on a variety of other things than a forced video game party with no narrative role.

I would strongly prefer resources be spent on a variety of other things than a forced video game party with no narrative role.

Well, not so much a party. Def not a quest-like thing where you have to do anything. I'm thinking more along the lines of a short cut-scene, some cut-ups and moments, just something to watch as the game ends. Something nostalgic and pleasant.

A flashback would've been nice, like instead of Ciri reflecting on happy times with Geralt cheering her up, it'd be Geralt reflecting on all of his happy times throughout the game, just as a final thing before the credits rolled. Obviously would've been a lot of work and etc etc etc.

Top Bottom