[SPOILERS] Blood&Wine Discussion thread

+
Fortunately it's 99,9% the real Regis and not some doppler.

You can also see him in this picture (behind Adda), which only shows characters who appear in the games.

So the option that can be turn on or off called in gemarn Options menu"feinde skalieren" mean "scale enemies" ?
Yes, he briefly talked about it in the video. You have an option to make enemies scale with your level. At least if your level is higher than that of the enemy. No idea if it works the other way round.

Wow, I didn't hear about that scaling option. What a wonderful addition, especially as an optional switch. I'm glad I don't need to resort to mods no further, as I personally like to scale especially the lower level monsters. Very happy about this. :)

3 hours of gameplay without any spoilers ?
Well, 3 hours will be revealed ..that's quite a spoiler :D

Mentioning, showing a picture, a castle, telling me about the new grass, the new monsters, telling me anything about B&W is a spoiler.

in actual fact it's not him but rather someone impersonating him?

Its him. I also saw a interview of CD Projekt (don't remember the person talking), when they say how he is a very popular character from the books, and how they finally managed to find a history to bring him back.

---------- Updated at 07:42 PM ----------

Yes, he briefly talked about it in the video. You have an option to make enemies scale with your level. At least if your level is higher than that of the enemy. No idea if it works the other way round.

Now, that is really interesting. :)

Here is a german interview with Philip Weber, questdesigner at CDP:
http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/witcher-3-blood-and-wine?page=0,0

There isn't really anything new or specific but it's still a great interview with some interesting bits.

- With Blood&Wine being the last adventure for Geralt and having a longer development than Hearts of Stone, they wanted to "pull everything off"(dunno how to translate "alles raushauen" correctly). Whenever they had a creative or crazy idea, they planned to do it.

- Some things will have influence on other regions. For instance, you may meet someone from Toussaint in Novigrad.

- Some decisions from the main game will have influence on Blood&Wine

Asked about if Geralt will be able to romance Anna Henriette, he points to the books.There are reasons why he may or may not have a romance with her. (sounds rather like it won't be the case) Though he also says "Geralt remains Geralt", so I dunno.

- we will meet some characters from the main game.
Asked about if one of those characters is Dandelion, he answered with "maybe".

- He speaks a bit about the general atmosphere (much more humorous than the main game) and about the housing ( a few small buffs/ no big impact on the gameplay but important if you want to experience everything that the story has to offer)
Mentions guests visiting Geralt

- They got a lot of more experience with the engine, which allows them to make Toussaint look better without sacrificing performance

-Asked if people might miss the more "dark" atmosphere of the base game, he says that Blood&Wine is what act 4 was in Witcher 1. He mentions that they have a few things in store for Witcher 1 fans. "Witcher 1 fans will recognize many little things in Blood&Wine"

Asked about Iorveth he basically explains his absence with the Scoia'tael being a big part of Witcher 1&2 and them wanting to do something different this time.
Iorveth was a part of the game and he saw his quest. At some point it was decided to cut him out. Thy asked themselves if he meets their quality requirements (well, apaprently he didn't) They could have let him stay in the game because many fans would have wanted that, but decided to not do that.

- Speaks again about Witcher 1 (he is a huge fan of the first game) and that a certain sword will make a comeback in Blood&Wine. Apparently he wanted the sword to be in the expansion and wrote a little quest about it. It's a funny quest for people who only played Wild Hunt and a great moment for people who played Witcher 1.

Last edited:
- Some things will have inlfuence on other regions. For instance, you may meet someone from Toussaint in Novigrad.

That is the most interest part for me. I always imaginated the other way around but, I think It would be awesome having some "visits" at Novigrad.
Perhaps, as I already tought, Regis coming to help find Ciri!?

"Witcher 1 fans will recognize many little things in Blood&Wine"

I confess that I just played The Witcher 1 recently, but I really love the game - and no matter if the graphics are inferior now, it still looks great for me, mostly the enviroments. And I like the idea of review some things at Toussaint.

That is the most interest part for me. I always imaginated the other way around but, I think It would be awesome having some "visits" at Novigrad.
Perhaps, as I already tought, Regis coming to help find Ciri!?
I believe it's rather something minor.
Like a person we helped during some quest in Touissant will thank us or give us our reward in Novigrad, similar to that Skellige guy with the pearl.

Oh damn... I do hope I'm still up to date with my memories from Witcher 1. I honestly haven't replayed the game because even though I loved it when I first played it because it was finally a proper grown up RPG, it has aged rather terribly when it comes to game mechanics (the combat system), looks (I didn't even recall it looking so bad now when I watched some videos on it some time ago) and obviously the deal breaker nowadays: those massive loading times.I'm glad they decided to it a nod either way.

Top Bottom