[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
Can surely be interpeted in this way.

However, if there is one little hope: We had Hearts of Stone, mid game content unrelated to the main quest of Witcher 3

And we had Blood & Wine, which also had nothing to do with the ain quest, but is generally considered to take place after Ciri is saved...

And one could argue that even a story taking place after the events of the main game featuring V is an additional optional story

Though personally, I will not make the mistake and have high hopes to be crushed. If CD Red realizes lots of people hate these bleak endings more than a few bugs ...great. If they stick to their "vision of storytelling" and whatever message they might wanted to tell with their endings - so be it. Crying tears for V wont help...

Can surely be interpeted in this way.

However, if there is one little hope: We had Hearts of Stone, mid game content unrelated to the main quest of Witcher 3

And we had Blood & Wine, which also had nothing to do with the ain quest, but is generally considered to take place after Ciri is saved...

And one could argue that even a story taking place after the events of the main game featuring V is an additional optional story

Though personally, I will not make the mistake and have high hopes to be crushed. If CD Red realizes lots of people hate these bleak endings more than a few bugs ...great. If they stick to their "vision of storytelling" and whatever message they might wanted to tell with their endings - so be it. Crying tears for V wont help...

Indeed, B&W is the icing on cake as fan service. The option to play isnt restricted , like I mentioned few posts back, because its simply not a good decision as game designer unless its clearly stated on the store page and/or with the PR that it will be locked and invisible until you complete the game, if you however decide to play it before actually finishing the game you basically accept that you "automatically" saved Ciri with decent timeline and the white frost is messed up aka canon.

I played as a straight male V with Nomad beginnings and to be honest my relationship with Takemura, Judy and River felt more real and engaging then the romance with Panam. I hope the DLC is not tied to Panam, at least not as a love interest unless she grows as a character. I wouldn't mind exploring what's in Cyberspace/behind Blackwall with Al and see that tied into NC somehow.

Yeah it says right here in the article .....quote " Die Addons füllen also keine kritischen Cliffhanger-Lücken auf, sondern sind zusätzliche, optionale Geschichten - so Alvin Liu von CD Projekt RED. " (translations---The addon's will not fill in critical Cliffhanger gaps but are going to be additional optional Stories - according to Alvin Liu of CD Project Red). Guess that means V's story is finished as is? unless I am miss-understanding this.

That is the reason I mentioned does not matter if you romanced anyone if any , it ( the ending) straight up says there MIGHT be hope for you yet, now go find it in 6 months be it Night City, badlands, south, Cyberspace, Crystal Palace etc. the other endings with the timelimit could easily be included in this same category, which is what it boils down to ultimately.

And that is exactly why I hope it wont be the case, if its not a misinterpretation after soooo many people voicing their thoughts which is honestly amazing.

Also I saw a few comments talking about how the developers have emphasized the story in the game is over, I agree it is. But in order for the game to have any expansions with 'V' involved it must address what happens at the end of the game. I think really, it simply means that the Johnny story arch is done. It doesn't make sense for them to abandon 'V' because of all the time players invest into building the character (ignoring the story aspect, just the perspective from gained in weapons, clothing, skills, ect). So a prequal doesnt make sense because it seems for the most part V's story begins when you start playing and we talk about tying things together, its even more difficult to do this because of the life path choices. In fact I would say its literally impossible. As for Mid game expansions, these could be lore breaking and overall don't make much sense. Why would a dying 'V' go off on another adventure instead of focusing at task at hand? It doesn't make sense for that to happen. As for post main story, this is where writing magic can be done to bring everything together. So major expansions have a few routes. (This has nothing to do with small DLC addons, these will most definitely be mid game additions in the form of cars, guns, maybe new customization features, small side quests, and maybe small gang factions being added for the player to fight. Overall nothing insane. I'd say mostly cosmetic or small side quests given by existing and already known characters). So the few paths for expansion will be below:

1) V's story is done, he/she is going to die and there's nothing that can be done for them. Regardless what ending option was chosen by the player. So expansions will take place from another new characters perspective. Where we will have to start all over again building a character. This will require a solid minimum of another 50 hours of additional gameplay to be developed.

2) Prequal expansions will happen which will have to address all 3 life paths chosen in the game. Streetkid, Nomad, or Corpo. This will have to be short because they have to take time to develop each story unique to one another because there's little to no correlation between the life paths prior to the game start. So it would have to be 3 separate 20+ hour stories. (Hands down the most unlikely and I would say has a zero percent chance of happening)

3) Mid story expansion which would have to do with something similar to the braindance mechanics, where you would teleport your consciousness into another world or situation and that would make up for the fact that 'V' is dying. No time will progress or extremely minimal time will pass (few hours). A whole made up story can be branched off of this. hopefully if this does happen it doesn't take a the same turn the Farcry 5 DLC took, because that would be a nightmare.

4) Post-Main Story DLC, this IMO, makes the most sense. You continue to level your character up with additional levels being added, a new attribute and skills that can be contributed to something happening in the story. Maybe being able to control other NPC's as a mutation to your character a result of the experimental biochip from the main story. This makes the most sense and ties together with the story probably the best. This will be a new story arch with a new villain (thus the developers saying the story in game is done makes sense.)

5) A twist ending that connects all the endings. Maybe we get stuck in Mikoshi and the story follows after that. This is the worst case scenario out of all of the others, because it would mean our ending choices were pointless. But this ties together the story and would make sense for post game DLC if they want to skip connecting the ends of the game. This could be a costly choice for the writers if not done perfectly, but none the less is most definitely a possibility.

These are only a few ideas I have please do add if you can think of anything else. But I think this is really the only areas where the devs can really go with expansions. None of this is applicable to small DLC being added. That they can really go anywhere with that if they wanted too.

• - The developers emphasize that the story of the main game is complete. -
These are the main points.
Oh I wonder if this means they consider post-game content apart of the main story? Like is V's story done for good? Or are they just talking about the main story with the bio-chip and Johnny?

Makes me wonder, because if that's the case then we're probably going to get mid-game DLC that will be pretty left field and pretty much unrelated to the main story and main characters completely, and that's 100% what I don't want :LOL:

Also I saw a few comments talking about how the developers have emphasized the story in the game is over, I agree it is. But in order for the game to have any expansions with 'V' involved it must address what happens at the end of the game. I think really, it simply means that the Johnny story arch is done. It doesn't make sense for them to abandon 'V' because of all the time players invest into building the character (ignoring the story aspect, just the perspective from gained in weapons, clothing, skills, ect). So a prequal doesnt make sense because it seems for the most part V's story begins when you start playing and we talk about tying things together, its even more difficult to do this because of the life path choices. In fact I would say its literally impossible. As for Mid game expansions, these could be lore breaking and overall don't make much sense. Why would a dying 'V' go off on another adventure instead of focusing at task at hand? It doesn't make sense for that to happen. As for post main story, this is where writing magic can be done to bring everything together. So major expansions have a few routes. (This has nothing to do with small DLC addons, these will most definitely be mid game additions in the form of cars, guns, maybe new customization features, small side quests, and maybe small gang factions being added for the player to fight. Overall nothing insane. I'd say mostly cosmetic or small side quests given by existing and already known characters). So the few paths for expansion will be below:

1) V's story is done, he/she is going to die and there's nothing that can be done for them. Regardless what ending option was chosen by the player. So expansions will take place from another new characters perspective. Where we will have to start all over again building a character. This will require a solid minimum of another 50 hours of additional gameplay to be developed.

2) Prequal expansions will happen which will have to address all 3 life paths chosen in the game. Streetkid, Nomad, or Corpo. This will have to be short because they have to take time to develop each story unique to one another because there's little to no correlation between the life paths prior to the game start. So it would have to be 3 separate 20+ hour stories. (Hands down the most unlikely and I would say has a zero percent chance of happening)

3) Mid story expansion which would have to do with something similar to the braindance mechanics, where you would teleport your consciousness into another world or situation and that would make up for the fact that 'V' is dying. No time will progress or extremely minimal time will pass (few hours). A whole made up story can be branched off of this. hopefully if this does happen it doesn't take a the same turn the Farcry 5 DLC took, because that would be a nightmare.

4) Post-Main Story DLC, this IMO, makes the most sense. You continue to level your character up with additional levels being added, a new attribute and skills that can be contributed to something happening in the story. Maybe being able to control other NPC's as a mutation to your character a result of the experimental biochip from the main story. This makes the most sense and ties together with the story probably the best. This will be a new story arch with a new villain (thus the developers saying the story in game is done makes sense.)

5) A twist ending that connects all the endings. Maybe we get stuck in Mikoshi and the story follows after that. This is the worst case scenario out of all of the others, because it would mean our ending choices were pointless. But this ties together the story and would make sense for post game DLC if they want to skip connecting the ends of the game. This could be a costly choice for the writers if not done perfectly, but none the less is most definitely a possibility.

These are only a few ideas I have please do add if you can think of anything else. But I think this is really the only areas where the devs can really go with expansions. None of this is applicable to small DLC being added. That they can really go anywhere with that if they wanted too.

Prequel DLC seems a bit too complexe based on lifepath choices

Mid-game DLC doesn't make much sense as you know V will die no matter what, but some will appreciate to extend their experience with new storylines, I guess.

Post-Main Story is the only one that would make me play the game again, as it would give more details on what's happening next. We spend hours trying to save V's ass, and we deserve more than an uncertain ending.

They can definitely extend the NightCorp / Mr Blue Eyes story that has the biggest potential and is a HUGE waste in the current game. How can they drop this type of bomb and leave us without exploring it ? This could definitely be a full expansion, very easy to build around.

(EDIT : Not sure if all endings should actually point to the DLC : maybe only the assault on Arasaka should be defined as canon, DLC starting few days after the mission. The other choices could be managed with dialogue lines (Aldecaldos > V coming back, going against their will to save their life / Hanako ending > same than canon, but Takemura is alive and friendly).
If someone decide to have V comitting suicide or giving up their body, why would they expect to play more ? They simply need to replay the game and define an ending to the main story allowing to move on with the next chapters.)

For exemple, the mind control technology could convince V's brain that V is the actual owner of the body, not Johnny's, like it's shaping Peralez behavior. This could open to a very interesting AI plot, impacted by how we managed the Voodoo Boys and if we gave Alt access to Mikoshi.

Actually, anything giving a bit of "closure" (even V simply dying, exploding, whatever) would be better than the open-ended grim ending they provide. If it's true that "the story is done", I'll need to stop caring about this game/company and move on with the pen & paper version, since the lore seems awesome !

Last edited:
l of its problems. This will likely increase significantly once everything is fixed and its backup in digital stores. I would say that they made around $350-
Oh I wonder if this means they consider post-game content apart of the main story? Like is V's story done for good? Or are they just talking about the main story with the bio-chip and Johnny?

Makes me wonder, because if that's the case then we're probably going to get mid-game DLC that will be pretty left field and pretty much unrelated to the main story and main characters completely, and that's 100% what I don't want :LOL:
I think that mid game expansions won't make sense, they would have to include silverhand. Of course they may have all the voicelines recorded by now but i think that won't happen. Maybe i am wrong, but i think that hiring keanu again would be hard to do(1. time because he is acting in many movies 2. simply money). I think that the expansions will surely take place after main story. I don't know what they will do to make this work but they have everything planned out so we can only speculate now.
Post automatically merged:

Prequel DLC seems a bit too complexe based on lifepath choices

Mid-game DLC doesn't make much sense as you know V will die no matter what, but some will appreciate to extend their experience with new storylines, I guess.

Post-Main Story is the only one that would make me play the game again, as it would give more details on what's happening next. We spend hours trying to save V's ass, and we deserve more than an uncertain ending.

They can definitely extend the NightCorp / Mr Blue Eyes story that has the biggest potential and is a HUGE waste in the current game. How can they drop this type of bomb and leave us without exploring it ? This could definitely be a full expansion, very easy to build around.

V could come back no matter which choice he made previously
Arasaka > coming back to Earth > can open to any extended story.
Arasaka - Mikoshi > can open by creating a new character body or putting you back into your old body, saying they found a solution blablabla
Aldecaldos > coming back to Night City while the clan is away
Assault - Canon ending > already ends in a Crystal Palace mission that could be the beginning of the DLC, and starting point of the story.

The mind control technology could convince V's brain that V is the actual owner of the body, not Johnny's, like it's shaping Peralez behavior. This could open to a very interesting AI plot, impacted by how we managed the Voodoo Boys and if we gave Alt access to Mikoshi.

Actually, anything giving a bit of "closure" (even V simply dying, exploding, whatever) would be better than the open-ended grim ending they provide. If it's true that "the story is done", I'll need to stop caring about this game/company and move on with the pen & paper version, since the lore seems awesome !
I highly recommend the world of cyberpunk2077 book. I bought it few days ago and it's great. You can learn about everything u see in game, Especially about the history of night city(in the game we don't get much info on that). For example u have a few pages about braindances, how they evolved etc. everything in that chapter is written by Judy Alvarez, so we see some familiar faces there :p the book is great if u want to gain knowledge about cp2077 world!

Last edited:

You're right, it would stick a lot more.

I am thinking of the same strategy as on the Witcher 1 in midgame and 1 after the end of the game

and by sticking with the different endings which are not so different from each other but above all different in the characters who die / survival.

And frankly continue the story of V even if it ended badly ...

The characters are so well written!
Johnny, Panam, Jackie etc.

You're right, it would stick a lot more.

I am thinking of the same strategy as on the Witcher 1 in midgame and 1 after the end of the game

and by sticking with the different endings which are not so different from each other but above all different in the characters who die / survival.

And frankly continue the story of V even if it ended badly ...

The characters are so well written!
Johnny, Panam, Jackie etc.
I honestly think that Storywriters managed to create some of the most memorable characters in games history. For me great example is Judy, We can see how her character develops through the game, she is charismatic and have many hobbys, The way she is written feels like she is a normal person, not a npc. Her story is tragic, she can't find her place in the world and she keeps searching, Clouds were not good for her moxes too, It turned out that the whole night city is not good too, She lost everyone she carried about(evelyn and V, considering that u choose any other ending than Nomad one and your V is female) And was left with broken heart. Honestly i think that she is the best developed character in the entire game. Panam is good too but i think that relationship with her is not that personal as with judy. Panam wants to get back to her family, she always had it, she has her place in the world, Judy does not. Im really happy that they created that one good ending with her, where she can finally be happy with V in the badlands. Jackie in another great character, it feels so sad that we did not get to spend more time with him.

I hope it's not true that the main story is over, because then what kind of expansion would they release?
1) A prologue expansion, but with V having different lifepath I find it hard (and probably many people would scream that is cut content)
2) A middle story expansion, but it should always be about V finding a cure (it's already hard to believe V has a reason to make all of that gigs and jobs while is DYING IN A FEW WEEKS. Not even a few months but WEEKS) and potentially adding new endings. What would be the point otherwise?
3) A dlc where you play as another character. It is possible I guess, but I really can't imagine them thinking it's a good idea. I think we all want to keep playing as V, and I think (and hope) they know this.
With the story the game has, the only logical dlc is one that continues V story.
The endings are different but apart from the one where V kill themselves or where Johnny takes over, they could still tie all of them together.
They could make the first 2-3 hours different based on the endings and then tie the story together (because it would always be about V trying to survive). At worst they could choose just Panam ending, where it's clearer that V is still trying to cure themselves (and the fact that is the only ending locked behind a chain of quests make me think).

I hope it's not true that the main story is over, because then what kind of expansion would they release?
1) A prologue expansion, but with V having different lifepath I find it hard (and probably many people would scream that is cut content)
2) A middle story expansion, but it should always be about V finding a cure (it's already hard to believe V has a reason to make all of that gigs and jobs while is DYING IN A FEW WEEKS. Not even a few months but WEEKS) and potentially adding new endings. What would be the point otherwise?
3) A dlc where you play as another character. It is possible I guess, but I really can't imagine them thinking it's a good idea. I think we all want to keep playing as V, and I think (and hope) they know this.
With the story the game has, the only logical dlc is one that continues V story.
The endings are different but apart from the one where V kill themselves or where Johnny takes over, they could still tie all of them together.
They could make the first 2-3 hours different based on the endings and then tie the story together (because it would always be about V trying to survive). At worst they could choose just Panam ending, where it's clearer that V is still trying to cure themselves (and the fact that is the only ending locked behind a chain of quests make me think).
That's actually what I wish, really alot. Ofc I'm i huge fan of panam (I literally love her XD) I would really see a dlc where CDPR, let us continue our story depending on what ending we chose. And seen that I've chosen the panam ending, I really would love to see V going with Panam and nomads in some place in the badlands looking for a cure for V. I really hope this.

What if the beginning of the dlc would include life paths. Every main ending(arasaka Legend and aldecaldos) refers to the choice from beggining of the game: arasaka-corpo ending Legend-street kid ending aldecaldos-nomad ending. They can make u choose your ending, and by that u would be able to pick specific dialogue options(basically if u choose arasaka ending u would have corpo dialogues etc) So like in the main game but the prologue of every path would be specific endings.(im not 100% sure how to explain this but i hope u get my idea) I think that prologue expansion wouldnt make sense unless its some kind of a giant flashback? Middle story expansion feels weird because like u said, V is dying and going on new adventures when actually dying isn't a good idea and playing as another character will not work well. It's something we can do episodically but i wouldnt like to play the whole expansions as somebody else and i think that majority of the community wouldn't like it too. I think that we should look deeper into cp2077 lore because answers may be hidden there. DLC's to witcher 3 were not completely new, We saw toussaint and gaunter odimm in the books. So maybe There are some factions etc that the game did not include at all and would fit into possible expansion?

That's actually what I wish, really alot. Ofc I'm i huge fan of panam (I literally love her XD) I would really see a dlc where CDPR, let us continue our story depending on what ending we chose. And seen that I've chosen the panam ending, I really would love to see V going with Panam and nomads in some place in the badlands looking for a cure for V. I really hope this.
Many people hope for "Arizona" expansion. I hope for it too :p it's the only positive ending for me. Also it's the only one where Judy/panam don't break up with you. Even Npc's suggest us that Nomad ending is the right one. Also it's the only one where Misty's tarot card are positive.

Word, it honestly irks me just how many Gigs and police dispatcher things there are. Like there's sooooo many, it seems to be at least half of the content in the game at this point. I really wish they would've toned it down to like 10-15% and just gave us more meaningful side or even main quests and really fleshed out some the great characters that they already have. There's so many gigs and assaults in progress that half the time when I'm playing, I feel like I'm batman, or at best some vigilante playing some superhero game lmao.

And yea I think you're right. The prologue into the expansion (if it's about saving V or just post game in general) could have every ending kind of wrap up it all up and give us an intro, explaining how our choices affected the world etc. It would basically be the same type of deal as when we choose our lifepaths, just hopefully a bit more in-depth this time.

I wouldn't worry to much about the suicide ending getting in the way of things. To me it seems like a novelty ending anyways, you don't get an achievement for completing the game if you choose it, and I feel like CDPR tries really hard to tell you not to go down this route (given all the depressing ass and angry voicemails you get after you choose it).

Last edited:
What if the beginning of the dlc would include life paths. Every main ending(arasaka Legend and aldecaldos) refers to the choice from beggining of the game: arasaka-corpo ending Legend-street kid ending aldecaldos-nomad ending. They can make u choose your ending, and by that u would be able to pick specific dialogue options(basically if u choose arasaka ending u would have corpo dialogues etc) So like in the main game but the prologue of every path would be specific endings.(im not 100% sure how to explain this but i hope u get my idea) I think that prologue expansion wouldnt make sense unless its some kind of a giant flashback? Middle story expansion feels weird because like u said, V is dying and going on new adventures when actually dying isn't a good idea and playing as another character will not work well. It's something we can do episodically but i wouldnt like to play the whole expansions as somebody else and i think that majority of the community wouldn't like it too. I think that we should look deeper into cp2077 lore because answers may be hidden there. DLC's to witcher 3 were not completely new, We saw toussaint and gaunter odimm in the books. So maybe There are some factions etc that the game did not include at all and would fit into possible expansion?
Flashback would be really useless. Midstory dlc will be useless and scam from CDPR literally none is interested in those 2 options. As you said, there might be some spoilers and info regarding dlc in the game such as some speach, shards etc. And regarding this, I think mostly all endings have something hidden. I'll explain this but I hope you will understand (not good in explanation tho xD)
1 - arasaka ending when Goro talks to you, and say arasaka will put V in mikoshi and wait to find a body. I think all of us know this is a BS and arasaka will imprison us in there to use us. Maybe Goro will finally understand that, put our shard in our old body and help us find a cure. And we go in Arizona

2 - being a legend ending, where we meet Mr. Blue eyes that give us a job. Before we go in space he tells us "I payed you, because I know you will do anything to survive". So seen that the job is an heist in a space casino, why he tell us we will do anything to survive? Is no point. So maybe his payment for us is that he tells us where to find a cure. And we go in Arizona

3- panam ending, we leave NC with panam and she tell us that she and nomads will help us to find a cure and that they have probably someone who can help us in Arizona.

All is perfect. After this 3 different DLC beginning, game will slowly get linear giving us 1 end (maybe in a different way depending on what previous ending we chose) and the ending is that finally we save V, and live our life with the people we love. This, in my opinion will be awesome.

Ps. I think none will play as another character. After all the effort they puy in creating V they can't just dump him like that.

Last edited:
Should not discount the possibility that the writers just push the timeline forward 2 years and bring V back for some gig unrelated to the cure. They just say V found the magic cure - here is the next chapter. Not great, but they did not consider Ciri and Geralt both dying as canon with regards to Blood and Wine. Much in the same way Fallout 3's canonical ending was the Brotherhood surviving, and not the Lone Wanderer blowing up the citadel.

There is no reason they have to legitimize suicide, Johnny, or Mikoshi as valid endings.

Should not discount the possibility that the writers just push the timeline forward 2 years and bring V back for some gig unrelated to the cure. They just say V found the magic cure - here is the next chapter. Not great, but they did not consider Ciri and Geralt both dying as canon with regards to Blood and Wine. Much in the same way Fallout 3's canonical ending was the Brotherhood surviving, and not the Lone Wanderer blowing up the citadel.

There is no reason they have to legitimize suicide, Johnny, or Mikoshi as valid endings.
Yea that's what I was trying to get at when I said the suicide ending seemed like a novelty option to me. Like you said in Fallout 3 you can nuke the Citadel, but it's just a novelty option. Regardless of if you chose that as your personal canon, if you go into Fallout 4 thinking it's taking that into consideration, you're going to be shocked when you run across elder maxson. Now I think it's a bit different in this case since it is the same game, just expansions, but I think we can definitely rule suicide out of the question.

Now I haven't played til Mikoshi myself, just no ... power to get throguh all this after act 2 and knowing whats coming.

But I was wondering ... Soulkiller...does it mean original V dies and her "soul" gets just to vanish in the void?

I mean ... what if we indeed get a new DLC AFTER the endings, but not with the V stored in Mikoshi, or the one Johnny took, or the one going to Arizona...

But with the original soulkillered V, via some Alt-shenenigans, cloned body (hey V, wanna get the exact old one or some alterations - cue import old V or char-creator), and have Alt and V have some conversation about the last year...

Could go like "I told you what happened V, but I must be sure your brainwaves are intact - what exactly did happen to your engram again after you know what ... ?" And hence we set up what kind of ending happened, whcih could or could not play a little part in the story further down...

The only true downside would be love affairs...could become very weird. But some part of me would find it actually cool to see my V like knocking at the door of Judy's apartment 1 year after "Engram-V" died as predicted...could make for some crazy emotional and intriguing questlines ...

Ah well, probably incompatible with the lore of how Soulkiller actually works, and also too complicated to set up...

They probably wont, one of the thing I feel we all agree on here is that some endings are clearly just there for player choice. Per the use of the Fallout 3 Citadel nuke by poldengonyboy (good book btw XD). They made a good choice as developers to allow as much free choice for the player as possible. It provides us with a sense of immersion that's hard to beat in games, but for us it makes it very hard to predict what's canon (or relatively canon) and what's not. The DLC's for this game are likely done and or are well in progress. So hopefully we get a update by January of what's to come and once that happens I think it will give us a true idea of what will be happening with 'V' and others.

They probably wont, one of the thing I feel we all agree on here is that some endings are clearly just there for player choice. Per the use of the Fallout 3 Citadel nuke by poldengonyboy (good book btw XD). They made a good choice as developers to allow as much free choice for the player as possible. It provides us with a sense of immersion that's hard to beat in games, but for us it makes it very hard to predict what's canon (or relatively canon) and what's not. The DLC's for this game are likely done and or are well in progress. So hopefully we get a update by January of what's to come and once that happens I think it will give us a true idea of what will be happening with 'V' and others.
Also let me add, this is the 4th most viewed thread in this part of the forum, so I would say if devs are looking they might be reading what we are posting. So just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
But I was wondering ... Soulkiller...does it mean original V dies and her "soul" gets just to vanish in the void?

If you take Alt at her word then V is in fact just a digitized copy with high integrity.

My perspective is that since the human consciousness is essentially a result of biological activity, it would follow that V was restored to the original body, through the same conduit, with the same memories. Effectively, V had a near death experience - he literally looks at a giant column of light emanating from the realm of free AI. The body and brain were just "restarted" and he was experiencing a moment of suspended consciousness (like going to sleep).

Flashback would be really useless. Midstory dlc will be useless and scam from CDPR literally none is interested in those 2 options. As you said, there might be some spoilers and info regarding dlc in the game such as some speach, shards etc. And regarding this, I think mostly all endings have something hidden. I'll explain this but I hope you will understand (not good in explanation tho xD)
1 - arasaka ending when Goro talks to you, and say arasaka will put V in mikoshi and wait to find a body. I think all of us know this is a BS and arasaka will imprison us in there to use us. Maybe Goro will finally understand that, put our shard in our old body and help us find a cure. And we go in Arizona

2 - being a legend ending, where we meet Mr. Blue eyes that give us a job. Before we go in space he tells us "I payed you, because I know you will do anything to survive". So seen that the job is an heist in a space casino, why he tell us we will do anything to survive? Is no point. So maybe his payment for us is that he tells us where to find a cure. And we go in Arizona

3- panam ending, we leave NC with panam and she tell us that she and nomads will help us to find a cure and that they have probably someone who can help us in Arizona.

All is perfect. After this 3 different DLC beginning, game will slowly get linear giving us 1 end (maybe in a different way depending on what previous ending we chose) and the ending is that finally we save V, and live our life with the people we love. This, in my opinion will be awesome.

Ps. I think none will play as another character. After all the effort they puy in creating V they can't just dump him like that.
Also what's important, we could See Judy and Panam coming back. In legend/arasaka ending they both leave you even if u were in relationship with one of them. Judy will leave night city and start trip across the NUSA, so maybe we will meet her in Arizona(that would be a nice surprise :p) and Aldecaldos are obviously headed to arizona after the game ending.

Now I haven't played til Mikoshi myself, just no ... power to get throguh all this after act 2 and knowing whats coming.

I mean ... what if we indeed get a new DLC AFTER the endings, but not with the V stored in Mikoshi, or the one Johnny took, or the one going to Arizona...

But with the original soulkillered V, via some Alt-shenenigans, cloned body (hey V, wanna get the exact old one or some alterations - cue import old V or char-creator), and have Alt and V have some conversation about the last year...

Could go like "I told you what happened V, but I must be sure your brainwaves are intact - what exactly did happen to your engram again after you know what ... ?" And hence we set up what kind of ending happened, whcih could or could not play a little part in the story further down...

The only true downside would be love affairs...could become very weird. But some part of me would find it actually cool to see my V like knocking at the door of Judy's apartment 1 year after "Engram-V" died as predicted...could make for some crazy emotional and intriguing questlines ...

Ah well, probably incompatible with the lore of how Soulkiller actually works, and also too complicated to set up...
Soulkiller basically kills you and saves your brain as the engram, Your thoughts what youve done etc. That's how johnny silverhand ended up(one of main missions show us the moment when he got soulkilled). After this your saved file ends up in prison, where all you feel is similar to a very long dream(In one of the missions u can talk with silverhand about it). Relic is a biochip that is made to get engram into new body and resurrect the owner. Theoretically It says that you lost your soul, and in the game u see that both silverhand and V change, their characters actually merge together creating some kind of a combo(johnny starts as a giant dick and finishes as a likeable character). Considering that Saburo arasaka needed his son's body to resurrect himself(Arasaka ending) the technology there does not allow to create a completely new human body(u know like some kind of plastic soulless shell) where u could transfer engram.

Last edited:
I really think the whole "Arizona as Toussant" idea is ... unrealistic.

If anything outside the direct vicinity of Night City is featured, it will only be in a very short prologue like segment.

People should really stop thinking of Arizona as a totally new location for a DLC. And I am speaking here not in regards to what makes sense or not storywise etc. It is simply rather idiotic from CD Red if they would go that route and abandon an entire huge city they built behind and build a new one. Might have made sense in Witcher3, but to me totally not in a game where Night City is like almost a "protagonist" in itself, and the main playground of the Pen and Paper as well...not to mention the ressources needed to build an entirely new area instead of expanding on the existing...

Instead - if at all - a continuation of a story will 99% always be featured mainly in a fleshed out Night City and surroundings, + maybe a trip into space during a heist or something.

Top Bottom