[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
Has the community agreed on a canon ending or do you guys think there are multiple canons? I think its a tie between Panam ending and Night City legend.

I agree with what someone earlier said I think the Panam, Arasaka and Night City Legend ending can weave into one singular path.

Night City legend seems the most probable as canon, given the dialogue during the prologue. V has supposedly been trying to become a "legend, Mr. Wayne", although the game doesn't really sell it very well, what with street cred being a bad joke and all.

Last edited:
Has the community agreed on a canon ending or do you guys think there are multiple canons? I think its a tie between Panam ending and Night City legend.

I agree with what someone earlier said I think the Panam, Arasaka and Night City Legend ending can weave into one singular path.
I would say no, but what I think we can all agree that any ending where 'V' dies is not something that's intended as a true ending. Its likely available as a choice to ensure the player feels their choice matters. Someone compared it to an ending in Fallout 3 where you can nuke the Brotherhood of Steel's home base the "Citadel", its really just an option and not what's intended to be chosen by the player. If the devs want they can narrow it down to one canon ending, which I feel it would be "The Star" ending, but others I'm sure can make better arguments then I can to support other endings.II say "The Star" ending because It really allows for the player to keep all their progress and also allows them to continue the relationships, (regardless what's chosen) while still allowing them to return to NC (or to go somewhere else) and really gives the most flexibility for almost anything with the story. With the other endings, they kind of force the dev's hands with the story. I think what's going to happen is they are going to make it so all endings will likely be mended together in someway, specifically in the scenario of post game DLC being released. Which is where Mr. Blue Eyes comes into play. He's the key to bringing together all the endings where 'V' lives.

I would say no, but what I think we can all agree that any ending where 'V' dies is not something that's intended as a true ending. Its likely available as a choice to ensure the player feels their choice matters. Someone compared it to an ending in Fallout 3 where you can nuke the Brotherhood of Steel's home base the "Citadel", its really just an option and not what's intended to be chosen by the player. If the devs want they can narrow it down to one canon ending, which I feel it would be "The Star" ending, but others I'm sure can make better arguments then I can to support other endings.II say "The Star" ending because It really allows for the player to keep all their progress and also allows them to continue the relationships, (regardless what's chosen) while still allowing them to return to NC (or to go somewhere else) and really gives the most flexibility for almost anything with the story. With the other endings, they kind of force the dev's hands with the story. I think what's going to happen is they are going to make it so all endings will likely be mended together in someway, specifically in the scenario of post game DLC being released. Which is where Mr. Blue Eyes comes into play. He's the key to bringing together all the endings where 'V' lives.
I agree with u, the nomad ending(i dunno why people call it the star ending) is the most canon one. Of course there are 3 main ending that Are focused on lifepaths, Theoretically Every ending Has some unique aspects of every path, Nomads ending is focused on family and integrity, Thats why probably its the only one positive, You find your place on earth in this ending. The legend ending is basically ending provided for street kid, All u wanted to do as street kid was to get to the top of the world, Afterlife is the top of the Merc world after all, but at what cost? you basically lost everything, even the people that loved you(judy/panam) leave you behind because V became obsessed with his job. In arasaka ending u stay good with typical corpo values, Even in the prologue u are being told about basically selling your soul for feeling of safety and money. In the ending u do the same, U sell your soul to provide safety for yourself in mikoshi. And after that u became owned by Arasaka. That ending is probably the worst one possible, Everybody tells u its a bad decision, panam judy and especially silverhand. In legend ending at least silverhand agrees with u.

I honestly think that nomad ending is just the best, it's the only one where as you said the V's choices matter. In every other ending in the end you are alone. Also it's just the only one where V have hope for a better end. In arasaka/legend ending u must leave everything behind. Even if V would find a cure in this 2 endings, he would ultimately end up alone. And what would be life without loved ones? Knowing that Jacky died and panam/Judy left u because of your decision. V in that moment would be left without any friends, without basically anyone. i Think that dying after 6 months in arizona with the ones you love still would be better than living the whole life alone.
Also i do not consider suicide/johnnytaking control over v Endings as a canon ones, as u said they are provided for people that want to feel that their choices matter.

In case you haven't noticed, almost all missions are named after songs of many genres and usually fit the nature/story of the mission

Oh yeah I know. There is just a Nocturne Op55 No.2 which I was just keying in as a hint to a continuation.

it's the only one where as you said the V's choices matter. In every other ending in the end you are alone.

Isn't this is only true for straight male V who romanced Panam, or lesbian female V who romanced Judy? I thought you have to remain in Nightcity as a gay male V (Kerry) or a straight female V (River)?

I think it's implied that in both the Sun and the Star endings V is looking for a cure period, it is only just that they take radically different approaches and who's with them on that journey (if anyone at all) matters.

Last edited:
I agree with u, the nomad ending(i dunno why people call it the star ending) is the most canon one. Of course there are 3 main ending that Are focused on lifepaths, Theoretically Every ending Has some unique aspects of every path, Nomads ending is focused on family and integrity, Thats why probably its the only one positive, You find your place on earth in this ending. The legend ending is basically ending provided for street kid, All u wanted to do as street kid was to get to the top of the world, Afterlife is the top of the Merc world after all, but at what cost? you basically lost everything, even the people that loved you(judy/panam) leave you behind because V became obsessed with his job. In arasaka ending u stay good with typical corpo values, Even in the prologue u are being told about basically selling your soul for feeling of safety and money. In the ending u do the same, U sell your soul to provide safety for yourself in mikoshi. And after that u became owned by Arasaka. That ending is probably the worst one possible, Everybody tells u its a bad decision, panam judy and especially silverhand. In legend ending at least silverhand agrees with u.

I honestly think that nomad ending is just the best, it's the only one where as you said the V's choices matter. In every other ending in the end you are alone. Also it's just the only one where V have hope for a better end. In arasaka/legend ending u must leave everything behind. Even if V would find a cure in this 2 endings, he would ultimately end up alone. And what would be life without loved ones? Knowing that Jacky died and panam/Judy left u because of your decision. V in that moment would be left without any friends, without basically anyone. i Think that dying after 6 months in arizona with the ones you love still would be better than living the whole life alone.
Also i do not consider suicide/johnnytaking control over v Endings as a canon ones, as u said they are provided for people that want to feel that their choices matter.
The Star: "Leave Night City with the Aldecaldos." (Achievement Icon Below)
StarEnding.jpg

Last edited:
Before the ambush happens you sit with Panam and she mentions the stars to 'V' (specifically a flickering one).

The tarot cards are placed in important story locations that are directly related to the cards themselves. For example, the death tarot card is behind the Embers nightclub (where you meet Hanako for the point of no return). The Star tarot card in particular is in the exact spot you group up with the rest of the Nomads to leave Nightcity.

The tarot cards are placed in important story locations that are directly related to the cards themselves. For example, the death tarot card is behind the Embers nightclub (where you meet Hanako for the point of no return). The Star tarot card in particular is in the exact spot you group up with the rest of the Nomads to leave Nightcity.
Interesting I didn't know that! I haven't collected many of the tarot cards yet, but I might just start doing that now. Thanks for the info.

So, what do you think, which of the "hopeful" endings (Nomad/Legend) is better for pursuing your relationship?

The only reason I picked Nomad over Legend was that Pan/Judy dont break up with you.

With Panam at least you get a special scene in the Legend ending where she basically breaks up, but just because she is scared(?) about what will happen to V if he does not leave the city.
Postgame credits sound pretty flirty again for her.

What do you think?

So, what do you think, which of the "hopeful" endings (Nomad/Legend) is better for pursuing your relationship?

The only reason I picked Nomad over Legend was that Pan/Judy dont break up with you.

With Panam at least you get a special scene in the Legend ending where she basically breaks up, but just because she is scared(?) about what will happen to V if he does not leave the city.

What do you think?

Nomad easily but if you look at the credits the NC Legend one has Panam asking for one last ride.
Post automatically merged:

Interesting I didn't know that! I haven't collected many of the tarot cards yet, but I might just start doing that now. Thanks for the info.

I highly recommend it dude.

On my first playthrough I did the nomad ending and it felt bittersweet/depressing.

But I then reloaded the save a few days later, spent a dozen hours doing side quests and hunting the tarots AND paying close attention to all the details and i've concluded that the Nomad ending is actually more positive than I thought.

One example is at the very end of the Nomad ending there is a readable datashard just before you board the Tank with Panam. It's called The Illiad and it hints and a positive future - it basically corroborates with what Misty's tarot cards say.

I made a thread here:

What do you think?

I think the canon ending is the legend / secret ending because in terms of writing for a sequel it's the one that could surprise us the most.

for the tarot card that of the sun and that which allows success and to discover the truth while being free.

that of the moon shows us that it is intuition, dreams, desires but also the nocturnal ritual of death and sleep.

the sun map is placed at the foot of V's new apartment while the moon map is on the wall of the house where hanako is to be saved in the end arasaka.

interesting no?

What do you think?
The legend ending for Judy is also basically a break up since she admits you are on top of the world but she doesn't see herself as part of the city and her desire to leave is something you know as you romance her and after when you talk to her. So her decision makes sense and your choice she can't follow, so spare yourself the horror and depression because the credits for all but the nomad ending in case of Judy is just utter heartbreak and will have you regret it. Don't go there.

Personally the game lives or dies based on what happens with my relationship with Judy, not only was it gut wrenching that your relationship with your new partner fades without any meaningful interaction past their story quests and you have nothing to look forward to aside from the Nomad ending basically, but I couldn't have anything nearly give me the same joy or satisfaction in night city aside from this romance. That doesn't go towards saying rest of the game is not enjoyable, it really is, but the romance part of it is by far best.

So first it would be awesome to just make the relationship more alive and intimate with more things to do and expand, more time with them. Then of course continue with the Nomad ending in Arizona as an expansion. Because as it is now and it seems the devs agree that being on top of the world doesn't mean or give you much, your relationship and family is what gives life and meaning in this bleak synthetic future. And while Night City offers so many opportunities that can simply be explored in side quests and stories. The main story should stick with Nomads in Arizona and your relationship with it, that would be a way to progress and find a cure for V's condition.

Ultimately the characters are bigger than the setting, Cyberpunk is a device that lets you discern humanity in its flaws and virtues and allow you to case them. That is why we have these endings. Some of the best writing is tied to romances and they need to be a more impactful part of the experience.
It is a missed opportunity to get you so invested and peruse love and care for a person in Night City and not doing anything with them past that point, not involve them in any mission or story after not give them a more definitive part in your development and how you interact with the world. They should have a say in how you move on, and make your choices easier or harder.

Yes i would say something about that.
If you notice, after you find all tarot cards, misty says you that you still miss Judgment and devil.
If you pay attention at the Panam's ending, after you kill Smasher, in that same room in the left, we can find Judgment that represent heal, resurrection, freedom and an important change. If this isn't a clue, i don't know what it can be.

Regarding the devil, i didnt pay to much attention at details in other endings, but i guess, devil will be there if we do a "bad" ending, different from the Panam's ending

The more I think about it the more I think that if they give us post game expansions, the first one will be going to space for mr blue eyes, where he will give us something that we desperately need. If they're only making 2 expansions the one after that I'd assume is going to be something similar to how they did Blood & Wine, going to wrap things up w our LI and in this case find the final piece of the puzzle which will allow us to find a cure for V, or allow us to escape from Arasaka if we went with them.

But yea I'm gonna bet that the first expansion we will see will be Crystal Palace. Hopefully after that it will be Arizona, or at least just more content focused on wrapping things up with all of our friends and romanced characters. Showing us more about what takes place after the events of Mikoshi. It would be a really easy way for them to patch up the complaints about feeling like none of our choices mattered in the game, based on who we saved and who we sided with throughout the game we can see how it impacted the lives and relationships of the characters around us, and Night City/The world as a whole.

I agree that they will give us post game expansion. My idea is to play as copy of V. Like in nearly every ending you have ,you end as engram with alt or can be copied into mikoshi. Then why alt or arasaka can't make copy of V without us even knowing? In new body you don't have time limit, if you want a happy ending you can help cure oryginal V or just let her die (your choice). There could be some pretty fun dynamics concerning who is the true oryginal, how your romances will copy with this kind of situation or how your friends will react to two V's running in the Night City.

Regarding the devil, i didnt pay to much attention at details in other endings, but i guess, devil will be there if we do a "bad" ending, different from the Panam's ending
You get a devil card (sort of) in Hanako ending in the last mission. It suits whole story arc and the card it self.

I think that canon ending will be the one that most gamers will get - that is that default one that doesn't require to do any side missions to have it unlocked.
Of course if there will be one, since all endings (besides Johnny and suicide) are ending in the fashion that can be easily connected to the beginning of the next chapter.

Last edited:
I agree that they will give us post game expansion. My idea is to play as copy of V. Like in nearly every ending you have ,you end as engram with alt or can be copied into mikoshi. Then why alt or arasaka can't make copy of V without us even knowing? In new body you don't have time limit, if you want a happy ending you can help cure oryginal V or just let her die (your choice). There could be some pretty fun dynamics concerning who is the true oryginal, how your romances will copy with this kind of situation or how your friends will react to two V's running in the Night City.
In arasaka ending they said that V's engram is unique in some way(i guess it have something to do with silverhand) and because of it V cannot be loaded into a new body for now, this is actually why u have option to stay in mikoshi for some time. Arasaka promises u that they will find a way to load u into new body. In the ending we can see that V still hears silverhand inside her head during tests. So i think that your idea may not be possible, it's still a good one though

You get a devil card (sort of) in Hanako ending in the last mission. It suits whole story arc and the card it self.

I think that canon ending will be the one that most gamers will get - that is that default one that doesn't require to do any side missions to have it unlocked.
Of course if there will be one, since all endings (besides Johnny and suicide) are ending in the fashion that can be easily connected to the beginning of the next chapter.
Looking by Gog stats, for now the most common one is the nomad ending. 7,6% of people got it, for comparison arasaka ending(1,6%) and legend ending(5,2%) also we have info about Johnny ending(3,6%) All is based on achievements section. Of course some people(like me) contributed to every ending by ending it and getting the achievement. Still i think that stats clearly show that most people choose "The Star" ending. Also what's important The panam storyline(required for nomad endind) was completed by 27,5% of players while Judy questline was completed by only 17,5%. But with Judy it's kinda specific because to access her last quest you have to stay by her side in one of the missions, if u pick maiko Judy will get mad and she wont invite u for the last mission with her so U wont be able to get the achievement. Anyway the panam ending is theoretically available to everyone who gets to the main storyline ending. I think that in games like this nobody wants to rush the main story without doing any sidequests.

Last edited:
In arasaka ending they said that V's engram is unique in some way(i guess it have something to do with silverhand) and because of it V cannot be loaded into a new body for now, this is actually why u have option to stay in mikoshi for some time. Arasaka promises u that they will find a way to load u into new body. In the ending we can see that V still hears silverhand inside her head during tests. So i think that your idea may not be possible, it's still a good one though

Looking by Gog stats, for now the most common one is the nomad ending. 7,6% of people got it, for comparison arasaka ending(1,6%) and legend ending(5,2%) also we have info about Johnny ending(3,6%) All is based on achievements section. Of course some people(like me) contributed to every ending by ending it and getting the achievement. Still i think that stats clearly show that most people choose "The Star" ending. Also what's important The panam storyline(required for nomad endind) was completed by 27,5% of players while Judy questline was completed by only 17,5%. But with Judy it's kinda specific because to access her last quest you have to stay by her side in one of the missions, if u pick maiko Judy will get mad and she wont invite u for the last mission with her so U wont be able to get the achievement. Anyway the panam ending is theoretically available to everyone who gets to the main storyline ending. I think that in games like this nobody wants to rush the main story without doing any sidequests.
Since I've started writing in this forum and reading what you all feel, I've become more comfortable with the idea that there is no 1 canon ending. I think the writing staff for this game has some of the best in the industry. So i cant see them having an issue mending together all of the endings that allow for the story to continue. For post story DLC, I think they will likely create a unique set of sequences for the intro (Just like the main story) and its really up to you were the game will go after that, if you want to continue your love interest it will be there if not that it wont be an issue. They very clearly prepared for a very complicated set of options throughout the story, so I cant see why DLC wont follow in the same direction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom