[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

+
One of the most greatest and deepest story I have ever played in a video game.. ! It was so intense.. just amazing how much good work the developer, designer etc. put into it! I love it. Really good job !!! I was so happy to see Triss appear at Corvo Bianco after the story ends.. Almost cried there!! :) 100% satisfied..

But one small question here: After the main story ends.. is there a way to find Syanna and talk to her after she forgave Annarietta ?? I just asked myself wether you can talk to her where she thank Geralt for being with her and helping her in such a messed up situation. Was looking for her at the palace but didnt find her yet.

Any help?

Syanna is waiting for his trial on the happy ending, she just dont go on free, so she probably locked up somewhere in the palace, to protect her from lynch mobs. A shame we could not talk with her later on.

Best game and dlc i ever played and still not finished, great compliments to the guys and dolls behind the Witcher, thank you thank you, thank you!!!!!

Syanna is waiting for his trial on the happy ending, she just dont go on free, so she probably locked up somewhere in the palace, to protect her from lynch mobs. A shame we could not talk with her later on.

Damn.. I wanted to talk to her so bad ! But its okay overall the DLC was fantastic!

I shed a tear when the 'After the Storm' theme started playing.

Right in the feels man...right in the fucking feels...

Damn you CDPR and your onion cutter ninjas.... Why bring one of my favorites characters of the books back to the realm of existence?! When Emiel Regis appear in my screen, I cry my face off :crybaby:

Hallo everyone,

finally i got some time to share my short opinion on Blood and Wine.

I think CD Project did an amazing job. This DLC could go trough as a complete own game with a new awesome Story and a round End. And besides that, they improved the Game and brought in new features. And all of this for just 20 bucks. This is something you see...well, basically nowhere these days. If you buy a Witcher Game, you just know that you wont regret it. Congrats to CD Project, the Game feels now basically complete :)....

....beside one thing. I want an Kovir DLC !!! :p

Last edited:
I've just finished it like five minutes ago and I really, really love BAW. The story is very cunning, I loved (sorry for all the repetition of love but there aren't others words to say what I think :)) all the background of vampires, story of Detlaff was very fascinating, Syanna story also and Regis is perfect (wise and funny everytime). I really appreciated Skellige faction of Gwent and all the stuff (new witcher sets, lots of quests,...) show the great work made by developers. The only thing that make me unhappy is that there won't be a new Witcher for a lot of time. CDPR thank you for making my favorite game ever :) :)

I am absolutely in love with Blood and Wine.

I would love to be able to invite people to stay in the guest room at Corvo Bianco though. Because that's where I've hung my fabulous portrait of Geralt, and was looking forward to surprising Lambert with it.

I also wrote to support, but I want to that others will talk about it too. After main part walkthrough (Wild Hunt) finished, I found Triss's earrings in Kaer Morhen. But now, when I finished DLC Blood and Wine, and Triss sit in Corvo Bianco, I can't giving earrings to her. I think it too with things for Yennefer.
:upset:

Just beat the expansion, really liked it. I've gotten roughly 35 hours out of it and still have quite a few side content to get through. I'll break it down into pros and cons to make it an easier read.

Pros:
-The world of Touissant is absolutely gorgeous. From the lush nature to the awe inspiring architecture to the mesmerizing music, it all meshes to create arguably my favorite area in the whole game that feels even more lived in and bustling than Velen or Novigrad.
-As I said, the music is once again top notch. On the Champs-Désolés, for instance, is easily one of my top 5 favorite tracks for the whole game. It just gets your blood pumping.
-The side content is extremely varied and fun. There are cool little stories scattered everywhere and even stuff that we had an abundance of in the main game (school gear hunts, fist fights) are given unique touches here to make them entertaining. That's not even covering the intense (and infuriating) Hanse missions, the memorable contracts you can pick up that have become a staple of the game, and there's still tons I haven't done.
-Most of the new characters are welcome additions. Regis is awesome and much like Shani, I wish could be with us longer outside of just this DLC. The Duchess is appropriately stuck up but sympathetic, Damien grows on you and deserves respect, etc. As for the two "villains", well, I hesitate to even call them villains. Dettlaff and Syanna are both very morally gray and garner sympathy despite their horrid deeds. Syanna in particular I grew very fond of during the adventure through the Land of a Thousand Fables, and I felt sorry for her. She was great. Dettlaff on the other hand was a mixed bag. The potential was there and he had a complicated relationship with Regis that really could have made the finale an emotional rollercoaster. Instead, he kinda comes off as a shady and violent idiot, whose good side we see too little of. Had we seen more of it along with his friendship with Regis being fleshed out more, we could have had a great character on our hands. As it stands, he's merely passable.
-The bosses once again are a lot of fun and a great challenge, with my favorite being Dettlaff.
-If I had to pick a favorite mission, it'd probably be the one in the Land of a Thousand Fables with Syanna or the wight/spoon one.

Cons:
-Corvo Bianco is pretty useless in all honesty. Yeah it's cool to have your own place with a garden that grows ingredients and walls to hang your equipment, but if it were removed from the game completely very little would change. The biggest disappointment is the guest room, I expected to be able to invite people over and have nights out relaxing. Instead, we just get a quick cameo from one or two characters at the very end.
-The story. Now I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually quite good. I suppose after the brilliance that was Hearts of Stone and the fact that this expansion was so huge, I expected more. Like I feel it doesn't really warrant such a huge, new world filled with content that's three times longer than the main story.

Overall, despite my few issues, it's still the second best DLC I've ever played right behind Hearts of Stone. CDPR should be commended for creating a full game and selling it as DLC. I love you guys and can't wait to see what's planned for the future.

I really think that CDPR gave their hearts and souls to make this game and expansions.
These inventory long loading times and FPS freezes just prove that there was so much content and work to do, that there was no time left to optimize things.
Looked into some uncooked game files with modkit and there was shown that some were created in 7am or 22pm, so I think that they work super hard and overtime to deliver top class product.Bassically, they live their work.For that they have my sympathy.Not so much people would do that.
Also, they listen to community.
All that Corvo Bianco upgrades - I think they were token from Assassins Creed games and were fan suggested, so CDPR said they will just do it to please players.
Still that mechanic does not quite fit to witcherverse, as Geralt is just fighter on his own without real home.
But I think that they listened and build really many fan concepts into final game.
Wild Hunt and Blood and Wine, these are totally different games for me.Wild Hunt was about fighter on his own, running through wild, making hard moral choices, but Blood and Wine was about having home, being law-protected as guest of duchess, everyone spoke to you with respect and so on.I felt like I can do everything with/in Toussaint.Everything in Wild Hunt was grey, in Blood and Wine it was pink :D By that I dont mean its bad, I just think it was different - in some ways better, but in some ways worse.
As for the main story, I think it is really well done, but it could use some time to better show/explain characters and their "true" (=more opened) feelings.
There could maybe be more opened quest with Orriana with many ending options - kill her, let her run from Toussaint, protect her in ways of fight, politics or expert witcher intuition.Convince soldiers that she is or isnt dangereous and so on..
Also, I would like to know a little more about Syanna and Dettlaff.
Maybe instead of being taken to fairy-tale world, Geralt should be thrown to some real past memories, and make his decision there.
I think from gameplay I didnt have enough information to stand against or for Syanna, or at least I would require more time or memories to make final decision,
Also, basically ending of Syanna was decided by giving her that ribbon - it was not really intuitive.I tought of that ribbon as some symbol of love or sympathy, but not as symbol of what could save her life.
About Dettlaff, I would really like to know, why he transformed into that strange beast in final fight? What was that form? Again, more talking with him - trully hear him out or even try to convince him.Also, there could be option to just stop him attacking the city with everyone alive...But thats maybe just too pink/positive ending for Witcher game :D

Summed up :

Pros:
+everything = as I sad, they gave it much more time that they actually had to

Cons:
-sometimes Geralt acts irresponsible to my feelings in game
(quest with married ghost couple at graveyard and Geralt gets angry and autodecides one of them must be replaced)
(also some not funny or nonsuitable jokes)
-things I mentioned in text above
-many Points of interest or some quest places were just spammed with two (always two !) archispores.
(I think that they created new monster that they really liked and spammed it everywhere)
(Also, it looks to me like they said one is too little and three are too much, so they just spammed two of it :D )

But as all of what I have written so far, I rate it 60/100 on the worst parts of gameplay and 95/100 on the best parts.

P.S. - in that fairy-tale land, everything was so colorful and magical, i was not sure about my sexuality :D
(for sceptics -> It's joke, haha)

If you guys remember the CG trailer "A Night to Remember" you might recognize a character after finishing BaW. You'll get what I'm saying after you finish the quest "Blood Simple"

My mind is really blown. Talk about coming full circle!

It's the same voice actress, i think. So, he fulfills his promise and comes back for her? (after the events of B&W)

I found another little bug. All these armor collar turned red .

I'm loving B&W so far. Not finished with it yet. Aside from an annoying glitch on the Upgrades to Geralt's house I'm loving everything else and savoring every moment of it because I know I'll be sad when it's over.

B&W mixed emotions verging on dissapointment

Dear CDPR,

Let me start by saying that I love your game. Have over 200 hrs over two play-throughs. Hearts of stone left me in awe, yearning for more and setting the expectation bar really high.

To the point. I got B&W and the overall experience has been mixed at best. Two reasons.
First, bugs. I didn’t experience this problem with the game before (neither vanilla, nor HoS).
Bugs in B&W made me create this account and report on the forums about the ones that were affecting my gameplay (freezes, lock-downs, weird things happening to my vitality, exp points, skills not working properly when activated, etc.).
Two, and this is the real killer, scaling of enemies combined with the bugs.
I am a seasoned player. My Geralt is a solid killing machine. I wear the best gear for my level (74) and have almost perfect stat allocation after several potions of clearance. I have wandered around (on NG+ mostly) and sliced my way thorough, except for some boss fights, which is ok.
Then comes B&W and fighting sequences with what seems regular enemies, that make me almost rage-quite and drive my level of satisfaction from playing way below zero. That is the reason I am typing this.
Examples:
Quest about the Elves paying a tribute to the human king. The fighting starts and Geralt is not in fighting stance, so the attempt to roll results in a jump during which Geralt receives two fire blasts and one/two spear hits and is dead in about 5 seconds. The moment the game is automatically saved, the bug, the cluster of object in proximity, and the fucked up scaling result in my trying pretty much everything for about 15-minutes and dying consistently. As passionate gamers you know that scaling down difficulty is an insult to any seasoned player. Still, the game forces me to find a solution that is equal to the situation I’ve been put, so I run up the stairs, the enemies stand in the garden idle, and from there I kill most of them with my OP crossbow (with the relevant mutation on). NOT FUN.
Two. I jump into the hole at the cementary to meet up with R and I am faced with mantikoras. Two/three shots and I am dead. Similar scenario. The monsters blocks me against the wall so can’t really move. Eventually, after dying repeatedly in a random sequence I run away and shoot them from the distance while they are idle (same with the bigger monster that eventually springs from underground). NOT FUN.
Three. I am on my way to the house to locate the grandmaster feline diagrams. I bump into a random pack of 6-7 wolves, which keep killing me for about 15 minutes, while I can’t kill a single one even though I slash them mercilessly. After 15 minutes, and countless reloads I simply avoid them. NOT FUN. WTF? I mean really? Wolves?
No similar experience with human enemies.
I’ve played for 2 hours yesterday and finished frustrated, sad and angry. If this is intentional, then I don’t know what to say. If not, then CDPR get your shit together cuz your damaging the legacy of this genre-defining game.

Without question, B&W is an absolute masterpiece; the crown jewel of the entire series. Just so frustrating that this beautiful, open world that CDPR so passionately brought to us cannot be fully modded. Such a shame...

Great. Maybe I'd be less disapointed if the point of control auto-save took place AFTER the"looooong" cutscenes (some of them takes more than15 "skip" clicks before a fight after which it links directly to another cutscene!!) better than before.

I have really enjoyed the Blood and Wine expansion very much. I loved the fiery Duchy. I am an older female gamer so it would have been nice to see a little more romance with Yennifer, (not necessarily sex). Maybe taking her to a ball at the castle to show her off as his, him having to learn to dance prior to taking her. I loved the Blood and Wine expansion I'm not complaining really. Would have been nice to see a little more dialogue there.

I completed the expansion several days ago and here are my thoughts:

Some spoilers below. Don't read if you haven't completed the expansion.

Areas in which the game excels:

• The environmental design is absolutely gorgeous. I've enjoyed every single moment of exploring Toussaint, and I find myself actually having a hard time returning to locals of the base game because they are so bleak by comparison.
  • Soundtrack is top notch and feels appropriate.
  • I really love the character of Regis. He has a very even keel and pragmatic personality that I can relate to, and his voice actor did a fantastic job.
  • The majority of the quests have been a delight to play, and I love the way CDPR incorporated so many different fairy tales into the mix. The Land of a Thousand Fables is truly something that I will not soon forget.
  • While the antagonist wasn't quite as memorable as the one which we encountered in Hearts of Stone, the overall story of love, betrayal, and reconciliation was something that I appreciated, and I did find myself empathizing with the villain on a number of occasions, which is always a good thing (I appreciate bad guys who aren't one dimensional).
  • The mutations system has been fun to experiment with, along with the dyes, and I hope that CDPR decides to incorporate these into the base game at some point. As someone who inadvertently stumbles off cliffs a lot, the second life ability is much appreciated.
  • The expansion breaks the fourth wall on a number of occasions, and I find that both entertaining and refreshing. Bonus points for the last few seconds of Blood and wine - you know what I am talking about. I couldn't think of a better way for Geralt to bid adieu.

Areas in which the game falls short:

• While I appreciate that the developers went to the trouble of creating a home base for Geralt - and I do enjoy wandering around it - there are a lot of ways in which it can be improved. It feels very empty throughout the course of the entire game, and I was really hoping that there would be another quest similar to the No Place Like Home mission at Kaer Morhen, i.e. an opportunity for us to invite our friends (e.g. Dandelion, Zoltan, Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, Priscilla, etc.) to the estate and have one last hurrah. The cosmetic upgrades to the estate don't really do that much to alter its appearance. You can't interact with any of the help except for B.B., and what he has to say is very limited. I very much enjoyed that scene where he and Geralt reclined on the porch and just chilled, and it would have been nice if there were more of those moments. There also aren't many opportunities to decorate the estate. Most of the paintings in my inventory can't be hung on the walls, there is no place to buy additional works of art, and even some of my trophy mantles are still empty, despite having done pretty much everything in the expansion.
  • The epilogue Be It So Ever Humble is extremely bugged and very limited in scope. Some of the decisions that determine who visits Geralt at Corvo Bianco are also questionable in their logic. It doesn't make sense that, if you romanced someone in the base game, that precludes Ciri from showing up. Rather than enumerating all of the problems with the end game here, however, I will go ahead and link the thread which I created for this very topic: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...So-Humble-Epilogue-quot?p=2608481#post2608481
Overall, I would give Blood and Wine a solid 9/10. The problems which I mentioned above hold it back from a perfect score, but it is easily as good as Hearts of Stone, perhaps better, and ranks as one of the best expansions that I have played in years. If this is to be the last that we see of Geralt, I am glad that we are leaving him in a good place.

It was kinda short compared to heart of stone, yeah i am crazy i know, but when focust on story missions i think heart of is a bit longer and better.
I also dislike the new graphics in blood and wine they look washed out muddy compared to vanilla game and heart of stone.

Top Bottom