Storage

+

Storage

• Yes

Votes: 190 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
I'm new to the series, don't know if Witcher 1 or 2 had weight system, but in an open-world game this massive, IMO, it's not a cool thing no offense. It's just, why, you know. But can I find a storage box for stuff I won't readily need but maybe for later use? Thanks guys.

How much slots on your saddle bag? The max in game I've found is 100, once you get that you will be able to lug a ton of stuff around

I found out shit you throw on the floor never disappears. So I drop all my shit to the Vivaldi bank in Novigrad, in the back room. And when I need some of my shit, I go take my shit at Vivaldi's. Pretty symbolical, shitting on bankers I mean.

Wanted a storage container too before I realized that. Other MMOs always taught me not to throw shit around, but this one is not shitty so it keeps your shit where you shat it.

Shittiest post of the day :wat:

Last edited:
Guys i suggest to not drop on the ground the stuff, at least i'll never do that again. I did the same as you dropping part of my stuff in front of vivaldi (yes we thought the same thing) and after installing the patch 1.04 i've lost everything that was on the ground. Thank god i dropped only the doubles i had from books. So i highly suggest to not risk that. I'm on ps4.

P.s. Just add a storage CDProjekt. The people that here spoke about realism don't know that this is a game prolly, and half of them admitted to use console command (for realism LOL) I for example don't understand the guy who said that Console gamers should just play the vanilla game "how it was meant to be" and instead PC gamers can mod/console it out without giving a damn about the vanilla status. I mean, good for PC players, but a bit childish. You can do whatever you want with your game, use merchants as storage then retrieve everything because you have infinite money but still don't want people to have a goddamn storage. And almost half of the gamers drop things on the ground in tiny sacks that, as i stated, can also disappear. What's the point if practically anyone here said that they want/need/already are storaging things in sacks?

well im a hoarder, if i want to keep 3 tons of mats and five rabid goats on top of it then why not :(

Didn't read through all the posts. But just in case nobody mentioned that so far, you can just drop stuff anywhere you want, and it will not be gone when/if you decide to retrun.

I created my own "pile system" in front of an blacksmiths shop in Novigrad, close to a fast travel point. Works fine so far.

I'm level 25, 102h, and not a single piece went missing.

One pile for trophies, one for mats, one for witcher gear and one pile for junk my paranoid brain doesn't want to sell, because there might be a 0,01% chance I might need it "some day".

Still wouldn't say no if the bank would offer me the option to store my stuff... but that would be just for style reasons then.

Last edited:
Didn't read through all the posts. But just in case nobody mentioned that so far, you can just drop stuff anywhere you want, and it will not be gone when/if you decide to retrun.

People are reporting that this doesn't work reliably.

Anyway, I guess the argument could be made that since Geralt is a drifter and travels light, he'd do what most of us are doing now and just sell off all the loot he finds every chance he gets. So I guess from a lore perspective it makes a certain amount of sense, but then again I don't remember anyone complaining about the storage chests in TW2. And from a gameplay perspective, it's just insane. There's no way anyone can keep track of all the eleventy billion crafting and alchemy materials and which ones we may or may not still need. I'm currently level 26 and trying to stick to my rule from TW2 where I kept 5 of each just to be safe, and doing so has resulted in me being constantly on the verge of being overburdened and having well over 20K in money that's of little use because you need diagrams and crafting materials, not money.

Plus I'm also a hoarder and it kind of bugs me that I have to sell off so much equipment just because I have to make room in my inventory. The Griffin armor may be butt-ugly, but given the size and nature of the game, I might've completed the upgrades anyway, just to have all of the witcher sets maxed out, but I can't do that because of the weight limit.

I dunno, I think the simple bottom line is, if a game's going to throw this much loot at its players, there needs to be a way to keep it.

I tried dropping item on the ground, it works for a time, then it dissapears. The current workarround is to simply sell to merchants you reach quickly and then use the console enabler to add money and buy it back, that's how i did it for now.

Guys i suggest to not drop on the ground the stuff, at least i'll never do that again. I did the same as you dropping part of my stuff in front of vivaldi (yes we thought the same thing) and after installing the patch 1.04 i've lost everything that was on the ground. Thank god i dropped only the doubles i had from books. So i highly suggest to not risk that. I'm on ps4.

Well, shit.

Storage please cd red we need it

I would love for some kind of storage chest in a room at kaer morhen or something or storage at ins and at kaer morhen .. I would love to collect all the loot I find and like but sadly I can't because of this issue 160lbs of storage is not enough .. CD red hear us out on this one please

I have to agree, storage space is needed badly..it's preventing me also from keeping a lot of things I want to. But then again, maybe they will just nerf the amount of lootable containers and BOOM problem solved.

I'd actually like like a house for Geralt; even a ramshackle one as long as I can store my loot and other curios (my collection of broken rakes for one), or maybe bring someone home for once (nudge nudge). I've saved 12,000+ crowns, surely enough for a down payment on a mortgage from Vivaldi??

The Witcherworld is many times bigger than Skyrim - and we don't have a cache/storage/etc.
Quantity of loot is massive - and we don't have a cache/storage/etc.
Playing the game without checking forum/google to find info on crafting things leads to collecting items in order to use it later (becuase you never sure it won't be needed!) - and we don't have a cache/storage/etc.
TW2 had 250-300 carry weight points, now we have 160 at most - and we don't have a cache/storage/etc.
Some items are mementos, things with history or just plain nice-looking, but we have to sell them because we don't have a cache/storage/etc.
Some items are level-dependent, we get them but cannot use (e.g - arrows, they are heavy but 21 lvl compared to my 18lvl. It's madness to discard them - we'll need them later! - and we don't have a cache/storage/etc.

Please add a permanent storage.
e.g.: - Yen had a house in Novigrad, Vimme Vivaldi made sure she kept it. After meeting Emperor she gives Geralt the key.

Totally agree with adding some kind of storage. I would even gladly buy it in game, perhaps at the bank or even a new merchant ?

I cant understand why they would allow the player to craft so many armour sets and weapons without giving them some where to store them

Not to mention that we now have DLC items too !

C'mon CDProjekt make this happen !

If storage chest isnt an option, how about just making herbs and crafting materials weightless. Thats what keeps my weight at a steady 130 and all the merchants are too poor to buy all my stuff so id have to just drop it all which i dont wanna do.

There were storage options on both earlier games and I'm expecting them to patch it into this game as well. Carry limit is fine as long as we get storage option.

Stash for Stuff

It's been said multiple times, but I feel a stash for inventory item you wish to keep (but not carry) needs to be implemented. Whether it is in a fixed location (e.g. the book seller in Novigrad has a chest he will let you use Vivaldi has a vault in his bank he lets you use) or accessible from a series of locations (every inn keeper has a magical portal they can access) makes little difference.

I've seen this request multiple places mainly concerning the Witcher school equipment sets. There is a loading note telling players to hold on to them, but carrying several sets of armour tends to clutter the inventory. So while waiting to upgrade them, they just get in the way.

Additional changes which I feel could help:
Create a separate tab for Alchemy creations. I don't like digging through notes, bread, beer, raw meat, etc in order to find a Killer Whale potion
Separate tab for Upgrade and Repair items. Runes, glyphs, and repair kits
Fix the Demetrium bomb glitch. It has turned Geralt into a God, remove the challenge completely. And before I noticed, all my saves had god Geralt in them, and I really don't want to redo the dozens of hour I've already played

Last edited:
Personally, I'd use Roach... just separate what Geralt can carry on his body, and what he can store in his saddlebags, and make the latter infinite. To access it, just approach the horse, hold down the E key, which opens a vendor with segmented inventory (gear, ingredients, etc.), and store/pick up your stuff... Done.

Also, of course, do more categories for inventory AND for vendor screens...

Top Bottom