Storage

+

Storage

• Yes

Votes: 190 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Yes the best solution would be a personal chest at Kaer Morhen.

It is not a weight problem, but a clarity problem when there are too many items in the inventory.
And I don't want to sell old complete armors, rare weapons and books.
It doesn't interest me to sell items I like. If I need money, why not, but money is quiet abundant in this game, so I don't know how to spend all those coins.

I have sent a request ticket to CDPR, but I'm not waiting for an answer soon, first they have bugs to fix I guess.

No need to horde anything in this game, as most things out level quickly (even materials only need "a small quantity for most thing; alcohol being the big 1)... unless you're one of those people hat can't bare to part with junk. So a neutral option would of been good for the vote... if added I have no use for it, and I prefer cash :D

I would also like a bank chest.
For the time being a mod that increases carry capacity is working just fine for me.

In my opinion anything new added would be a bonus, and a box should be simple enough. I don't horde things though so I wouldn't get any use from it. It is a pain trying to figure out what alchemy ingredients to keep. Monsters like Ekimmara and trolls aren't exactly farmable (yet?). A better system would be to know what too keep, maybe an entry in the bestiary or something.

I would really like to store items that I got from NPCs as a gift. I ended up selling some of them by accident and felt really bad. Having a chest (in Kaer Morhen for example) to store those items would be really nice.

Last edited:
chest would be nice but i would like to have roche storage some items to saddlebags. when players approach horse theres button to storage items and another to mount.

I wanted to share this information because extra storage seems to be high on the list of what everyone wants right now. I've been testing this for about 2 weeks now, this was tested all on 1.03 patch on the PC.

I have yet to loose a single item in this place. One large loot bag left in one location on the ground.

The reason it is safe is, i think, it has something to do this it being it's own "zone" and the location is, drum roll please

The Royal Palace in Vizima

Have not lost a single item in this location, if anyone has please let me know.

Would like to hear what other peoples experiences are in this location.

For me right now this is where my stuff is safe. I have not gotten very far into the game yet, so i didn't know if this location stays safe forever, but for almost 2 weeks from level 7 to 30, i have not lost a thing.

I'm playing on the Xbox 1, and every single time, in every place i tried dropping items they are not there when i go back, So far everyone i have heard say the stuff does not disappear is playing on the PC so this must be a PC thing.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool if you had personal storage at Kaer Morhen, and maybe one or two other spots in the came. That way if you really cared about saving something you'd go to those locations and drop it off.

Where are the inns Storage Chest?

CDProjekts where did the inns storage chest vanish too? I have stuff like trophies and armor and other things I need to stash in there. What happened to them? Witcher 1 and 2 had them. Why aren’t they present in this game?

I have so many books and documents that need to be stored. My inventory is getting full especially that armor sets can be upgraded. Plus I need to store some gems and jewelry for ladies.. Gotta give them trinkets for the nice moon nights if you know what I mean. :)

So if there isn’t any chest can you please restore them.

It’s a must have for witcher. I have no interest in selling some stuff. That’s not an option. I collect stuff that has value to me.

Thanks.

Wolfehunter

There isn't one. Just horse bags so you can put more on your horse and a decoction for another 20.

I'll admit without a storage check it feels a bit empty for me to be given some item that's like a legendary sword in the family for generations that has amazing craftsmanship that me and some dude will talk about and then go sell it three second later. If I had storage I'd put it in storage instead.

Thats good addvalue but they then took out storage chest. I like the chest to store stuff in it. I only carry what I really need on horse back. So Cdprojekts restore the chest like in W1 and W2.

There isn't one. Just horse bags so you can put more on your horse and a decoction for another 20.

I'll admit without a storage check it feels a bit empty for me to be given some item that's like a legendary sword in the family for generations that has amazing craftsmanship that me and some dude will talk about and then go sell it three second later. If I had storage I'd put it in storage instead.
I sell swords I like to Hattori, he keeps them all for me and lets me wait for a inn storage mod :)

I sell swords I like to Hattori, he keeps them all for me and lets me wait for a inn storage mod :)
Shouldn't need a mod to do it also don't want to sell it when I have to pay shit ton to retrieve it. I don't want to use mods yet. After I've finished playing the stories and after the game is finished patched then I'll look into mods.

Right now I want cdprojekts to restore it or at least say why they removed it and are they planning to restore it down the road? Doesn't make sense they would remove that content of the game?

Shouldn't need a mod to do it also don't want to sell it when I have to pay shit ton to retrieve it. I don't want to use mods yet. After I've finished playing the stories and after the game is finished patched then I'll look into mods.

Right now I want cdprojekts to restore it or at least say why they removed it and are they planning to restore it down the road? Doesn't make sense they would remove that content of the game?

Read back through the posts someone on here sent a message to cdprojekts about this and got a reply saying they have no intention of putting any storage into the game at this time but the suggestion will be forwarded on. It seems there are enough of us asking for it to be put back into the game maybe we all need to contact them about this.

I always have a shit ton of money, and if I run out of them...there's still console :) agree the buyback prices are sometimes high as a kite...

I think the problem is not the inventory or weight restriction or the lack of a storage chest.

The problem is the looting system. They should just cut out all the vanilla looting of bodies and barrels and stuff. It's boring, pointless busywork anyway and it doesn't add anything to the experience. Monster and plant looting is ok. But make every other looting meaningful, like the smuggler cashes or guarded treasures. There is no reason for every bandit to drop a basic sword and a grilled chicken that just crowds your inventory for no apparent reason.

Wrong.

Im lvl 23 with 130k of crowns and nothing to spend it on. Having limited storage doesnt stop you from making money.

I think the problem is not the inventory or weight restriction or the lack of a storage chest.

The problem is the looting system. They should just cut out all the vanilla looting of bodies and barrels and stuff. It's boring, pointless busywork anyway and it doesn't add anything to the experience. Monster and plant looting is ok. But make every other looting meaningful, like the smuggler cashes or guarded treasures. There is no reason for every bandit to drop a basic sword and a grilled chicken that just crowds your inventory for no apparent reason.

I'd prefer an implementation of a storage box rather than just cutting down the looting system. What do you have against grilled chicken you racist? Kappa.

Top Bottom