[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But before the patches, for those people who managed to get their hands on the game before it was all there, they could see everything they needed from 1-person. So if it wasn't meant to be, then why did the artists spend their time and energy drawing it all?
Because there's nothing to draw at all, what you see when your character's body appear in game is the same thing as what you see in your inventory and since the game wasn't finished yet the panties were nowhere to be seen (I mean, the game is still not finished today so...).
Maybe they didn't designed the panties yet or maybe they were still debating whether or not it would be "crossing the line", as I said (and then they though about photo mode...).

I created/got this lil account going so that I may throw my name and voice into this ring too.

I very purposefully did not dive head-long into the hype-train. Having little to no expectations, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to experience a new game or film. That's not to say it's COMPLETELY possible to avoid natural hopes and expectations, but hopefully the reader understands what I mean.

I'd also like to add, needless as it may be, I'm in a tight situation with money, but I did save up for a bit to be able to experience this game with the world. I love Cyberpunk settings and stories.

I got the game on Ps4. I've heard how "terrible" it is, and sure, I've hit a few bugs, and some of the textures throw me back to the Ps2 days, but the setting and dialogue are more than enough, it's not ALWAYS all about graphics.

I recently played through Witcher 1 for the first time, and by the gods we all know that game doesn't hold up graphically very well. But the world and dialogue were so intriguing, I stuck around for 90 hours.

So far, I very much love the characters. I love MY character. I love exploring the city.. Walking slow, getting lost in the (maybe a bit fuzzy looking) megalopolis.

BUT. Even with my small expectations, I feel let down and lied to - but lied to by the game itself in it's current state of obvious quick bandaid to cover up what was obviously meant to be a huge aspect of the game-world. I saw early reviews and talk of an expansive, breathing world. I watched streamers, I adore, access the game at 8pm est. On the 9th, 6 hours before I could touch it.

I'm still pretty early in, but everything feels a bit soulless aside from the few main characters I've met. 75% of civilians have no option to talk to them, and when I do, they are ALWAYS angry and tell me to fuck off. I understand the setting, but a Tiny bit of diversity would more than satiate me - I LOVE staring at the character's models regardless of how many times they tell me to screw off too.

I love slowly walking through the world, immersing myself. I'm stoked about the ability-trees and potential of having a pretty unique character, it seems.

But it just feels a bit empty, even compared to my limited expectations.

And then this whole nudity thing. I'm going to refrain from repeating what others have already said, better than I could ever hope to. Again, I just want to add a name to this list to show, I REALLY care for this game. I am extremely hopeful - no matter how long it takes - that this game can grow into something extraordinary. Even if it's a year from now, I WILL BE HERE FOR IT. I will not refund. I will deal with the Ps4 bugs and continue to enjoy it as I am, until I can make use of the free Ps5 update, whenever that magical day comes that I can snag one of those bad boys.

I just reallly hope we are listened to. I know Im far from being the only person who feels optimistic and hopeful here.

PLEASE give us our freedom that so clearly already exists in the game.

Upon first getting back to V's apartment, the very first time, I went into my cache, organized and checked a few new things out, and proceeded to undress to take a shower. I felt immersed. I was having a blast. And then.. The underwear.
I knew it'd be there, I just really couldn't soften the blow though.

That's when I paused and came to see if I'm the only one, and I'm far from alone, obviously.

This game needs tender, loving care. Removing features that were so obviously already there feels similar to locking the game up in a basement like that dude in the beginning of Breaking Bad.

I will say - I followed instructions I saw in a few posts and rapidly swapped pants, which DID glitch the game and remove the underwear.
I took my FULLY-IMMERSED, Naked shower, glitched the undies BACK on, and laid down for the night to proceed the game. (I made a lady V and I think she's a bad-ass. Not that it matters or anyone asked, I just admire female characters. I'm an artist and I adorree drawing ladies. I love playing as them too, having them kick a ton of ass. I'm happy as a guy and I'm not trying to Waifu my character - it's just fun to roleplay a character that already has a solid personality and voice lines. I started as a male V and got to where you meet that boxing robot guy, and I just was NOT feeling it as dude-man V. I'm loving it as lady V now tho. Why the fuck did I even digress onto this. )

This is a role-playing game, and I had to exploit a glitch of a badly implemented but "purposeful???" patch to enjoy my role-play in a role-playing game.

(That mod post really does, and probably forever will, tickle my ass-cheeks in a way that I abhor. I do NOT like the feeling that person's response gave me.)

From the billboards to TV commercials (commercials I sat on the couch watching for half an hour before going to meet Jackie) this game EXUDES sexuality and nudity. It's obviously meant to be a huge part of the world, and it's very hard to not be upset and feel lied to. WHY'D you even let me choose a meat-hammer or taco in the first place?? It's not like the rest of V's personality is set up in a way for me to customize, which as I said, I dont mind RPing a set strong personalitied character.

It's just.. To have the genital selection and pubic hair options, ONLY to be seen in character creation and then VERY awkwardly in the menu when swapping clothes, is something I just cannot get past. I think the floppy glitch dong smackin me all around when I'm just trying to put on some basketball shorts might have actually influenced my restart..

Either keep the underwear and let us remove/add it in the equip menu as WE choose, or remove the genitals all-together.

Again, it is sooo awkward to have nudity when I DON'T want it, but not be able to access it at all when I DO want it.
And I DO want the nudity, when I want it, VERY MUCH SO.

And AGAIN - for clarity - I wanted to SHOWER for immersion, not jack my ween.
I'm a 26-year-old man on antidepressants, I dont even have the DESIRE to jack my ween 90% of the time. I just wanna roleplay, Mann.

Im sorry for rambling on so long. I've honestly been awake for 48 hours exactly, as of right now.. Insomnia and mental strife and all that shiz..

Again, I just wanted to add my voice - show I care. Show I WILL stick around for this game. But PLEASE don't abuse me.. This game has potential. I'd really be extremely bummed to just see it flushed away.. Lord knows how long before we'd get another Cyberpunk-based IP with this much potential..

Feels like I had a lot more I wanted to say, but I've already typed too much for anyone to read. And to lack of sleep, I've probably made a word-salad with equal lack of meaning..
Im just going to keep my hopes up. I'll survive if they get dashed. But man.... Starting to get similar heartbreak to when PT/Silent Hills was canceled.

But yeah.. That's all. Please just let me roleplay in the roleplaying game..
Again, don't wanna jack my ween.. There's just so much excellent roleplay potential here..

Damn it, shut up Parscuit.

Because there's nothing to draw at all, what you see when your character's body appear in game is the same thing as what you see in your inventory and since the game wasn't finished yet the panties were nowhere to be seen (I mean, the game is still not finished today so...).
Maybe they didn't designed the panties yet or maybe they were still debating whether or not it would be "crossing the line", as I said (and then they though about photo mode...).
but that would be a rather significant change to a product after release. considering advertisement centered around nudity that is a change that really they cant make without telling people their intention before release.

Conan Exiles PC version is not rated and in the console version character's genital customization and free roaming full nudity is disabled.
Conan Exiles was censored by the ESRB in America, on both playstation and xbox. We had boobs but every character wore a loincloth so you couldn't see their genitals.

We've had brief flashes of full nudity in Rockstar games and Outlast, but Cyberpunk is the first game where we could actually stare at a fully nude character for an extended period of time, in the creation screen and inventory screen.

I know that we could get fully nude in photo mode too day 1. I did it myself. So, I'm not saying I support censorship. I'm just saying despite that Cyberpunk is still probably right up there with GTA as being the most adult game we've ever had on console in the States.

Ah, I see! PC Player from Europe here, so we don't really have all those issues. If a game is meant to show the whole package, in theory, we got it. ;)

LoL you don't have to be in relationships or healthy relationships to not be considered "strange' while enjoying such content in game. What relationships or real life even has to so with it? It's a videogame. In GTA I am a psycho killer. I completed Fallout New Vegas many times, including for Legion. In that playthrought I was psycho merciless butcher who was pillaging and enslaving everything in the name of Caesar. I do not do such stuff in real life. Dont mix videogames with reality.

P.S. I wanted also to roleplay V differently but, no matter how you play CP2077, V is V... it seems impossible to make him holy messiah or crazy maniac killer.

P.P.S. nudity is absolute must-have. Original inspiration source is pretty much about such stuff as well. Dark future, high tech, low life, sex, punk, rock, drugs, guns, corporations, etc. <3

I created/got this lil account going so that I may throw my name and voice into this ring too.

Thank you for your great post, Parscuit! I so feel for you.

First of, I do like the game. It's not bad. But is that enough for such a project, idea, world and great company?

I have written before in a now locked down thread, that I feel like everyone in Night City is having a wild free time life apart from my Vi. Like I am still a kid and am not allowed in all those (very nicely made btw) red lit shops. I can only do gigs and slay, no or very little "leisure" time for me.

That's not what was promised. That's not what was played and advertised in the demo video that was looping till almost the release date. Which btw made me pre-purchase the game.

There is TOO LITTLE interaction for a city that size and with all the fantastic unique npcs that fill it up! They are as alive, interactive and useful as the street lamps.

Im sorry for rambling on so long. I've honestly been awake for 48 hours exactly, as of right now.. Insomnia and mental strife and all that shiz..
I'm sorry to be off topic, but I'm now sitting up and worrying about a completely unknown person because he's been up so long. I am Russian and my English, unfortunately, is reduced to understanding individual words, so I communicate here with the help of a translator. I hope it's at least a little clear what I'm writing :) And I really hope you get some sleep.

Thank you for your great post, Parscuit! I so feel for you.

First of, I do like the game. It's not bad. But is that enough for such a project, idea, world and great company?

I have written before in a now locked down thread, that I feel like everyone in Night City is having a wild free time life apart from my Vi. Like I am still a kid and am not allowed in all those (very nicely made btw) red lit shops. I can only do gigs and slay, no or very little "leisure" time for me.

That's not what was promised. That's not what was played and advertised in the demo video that was looping till almost the release date. Which btw made me pre-purchase the game.

There is TOO LITTLE interaction for a city that size and with all the fantastic unique npcs that fill it up! They are as alive, interactive and useful as the street lamps.
I appreciate your kind words a lot! I wanna reply more, but I'm struggling to stay awake lol.

You stated that Amazingly though. It definitely feels as though we are locked outside of our own party that we paid for.

I got a real chortle at the streetlamps comparison, that is all too true as well.

I expected there to be bugs and hiccups as with any massive game, but yeah, this... Is just a whole new monster.. A monster I'm willing to bet even Geralt would shy away from.
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry to be off topic, but I'm now sitting up and worrying about a completely unknown person because he's been up so long. I am Russian and my English, unfortunately, is reduced to understanding individual words, so I communicate here with the help of a translator. I hope it's at least a little clear what I'm writing :) And I really hope you get some sleep.

You are SO beyond sweet. That fills my heart, I appreciate that a lot.
I will have NO trouble sleeping tonight, that is for Sure! All the best to you, friend. And I had no issue getting your message. I hope mine comes out as clear <3

You should wait for the bug fixes and an official post from the developers. It isn't yet clear which path they are going to choose for 2021.

• Corpo? They fix bugs but go straight to the next game.
  • Street kid? They submissively listen to the community and add 240GB of content.
  • Nomad? They create a replica of Silverhand with real AI, destroy CDProjekt from its foundations and reborn as a vodka company.

I agree with the OP. Also what bothers me is that you wouldn't even know it was intended if you didn't go to the official forums or reddit. That's wild to me, let alone a lack of real reason. Left everyone confused with a :) like it's all good or something.

Haha okay I'm nitpicking, so back to being serious.

The other thing is, so all these hours put into genital customization, couldn't have then went into making the character creation more in depth, maybe individual selection for tattoos, piercings, and etc. Hell there isn't even a zoom in and out feature when you first customize your character(I'm gonna guess because of the genitals). It's just mindboggling really. I also share the same gripes on the other missing features that were falsely advertised as something way more in depth, yet that's for another thread.

Nudity is not what I care about, the sentiment is what bothers me for the most part, I would've bought this game if I wasn't able to customize my genitals, yet if you going to have it in the game and market it, insinuating that the game will have more use for it, then keep that same energy. I don't and can't blame other people for being upset about this.

responding in ironic way on simple ask is so disgusting, honestly
this isn't some kind of big feature like npc AI, this is almost already in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom