[Suggestions]NUDITY MEGATHREAD - Remove censorship and bring back what advertised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not kidding. They wil work on content and systems already in game, on January 2021. You will see slight changes in February. Nice things will happen in June and July. We just need hope and patience.

Ok so at first sorry for my English ...
Next ... if we can customize our genitals ... why can't we see it in game ? I mean ... other than in inventory ...
Please fix it ... and you have set an option to censor it IN GAME ! That people who have activated nudity should see it all !

It's PEGI 18 as a reminder

PC version is uncut everywhere.

You're just nitpicking. Posts I quoted previously mentionned regions and platform independantly, so I just went and pointed out my Conan Exiles experience was affected by neither anyway =)

Back to the point : in a Cyberpunk setting, with the options we have at creation, with the adjustement of child not appearing in pictures, with the actual availability of an option to add or remove censorship, with everything that was shown (even if not actually promised ), no nudity in CDRP latest title is like making pancakes and forbid the use of maple syrup. It just boggles the mind !

Censoring the game after release was absolutely backwards.

Coming out and telling people you did it on purpose and that's it is also pretty stupid.

Does anyone think this has to do with pressure from Sony in regards to how nudity and sex is now handled on their consoles? I've also heard that they have a censorship blanket clause that states it has to be the same game everywhere or it can't be sold on Sony's system.

Just a thought. Either way, the censorship and scaling back of the sexuality and nudity is really dumb. Especially given the genre.

Coming out and telling people you did it on purpose and that's it is also pretty stupid.

Does anyone think this has to do with pressure from Sony in regards to how nudity and sex is now handled on their consoles? I've also heard that they have a censorship blanket clause that states it has to be the same game everywhere or it can't be sold on Sony's system.

Just a thought. Either way, the censorship and scaling back of the sexuality and nudity is really dumb. Especially given the genre.
Wouldn't be surprised. Eitherway, it's about money.

Well, Sony just pulled out and is offering refunds like a bad hooker. So if it was them, they are no longer a problem.

Temporarily, because their refunds policies are a joke and customer service reps are inept. They want to deal with their OWN mess now, so when they put the game back on the store they can go back to telling people "We're sorry, but if you started downloading the game we can no longer offer you a refund". It'll probably go back up by Christmas Eve.

Temporarily, because their refunds policies are a joke and customer service reps are inept. They want to deal with their OWN mess now, so when they put the game back on the store they can go back to telling people "We're sorry, but if you started downloading the game we can no longer offer you a refund". It'll probably go back up by Christmas Eve.
Very much this. Ofc people will use this opportunity to hate on CDPR.

First things first, a fair warning from the moderators:

Please avoid heated arguments and never feed the trolls.

Now to the matter at hand...

So, I'm seeing a couple of threads every couple of hours since the official response from CD Projekt arrived regarding the "nudity bug". It isn't a bug as you can read here: Official response. All threads seem to be getting closed (don't close this one too, guys, please?), so I decided to open another but with a different tone. A suggestion, a petition.

What follows comes from a mature person that has a healthy relationship for years, so take it with moderation and not as a rant.

We have a mature game in our hands, filled with graphic violence, drugs, alcohol and sex. And yet, we can't take a shower naked and we can't look at our own junk while walking around naked in our own apartment. We can't take naked photos either.

Sure, okay, I can live with being forced to wear underwear once I leave my house, or even auto-equipping my last used gear once I leave my house, that would be fine. But omg... it's just so ridiculous that you allowed us to customize our characters at such sexual level only to see them spinning in our inventory! It's a non-sense, seriously.

This isn't a game breaking mechanic for me, but it sure is immersion breaking. After a certain mission, you wake up dizzy in the shower, looking at the floor and you see yourself wearing trunks (if male V), this totally broke the immersion for me. Up until this moment, I didn't really care that I wasn't able to see my dick when naked. Is not the necesity to see my own junk, it's the fact that a person doesn't get into the shower wearing underwear... and I'm sure you agree with this but you were forced to reduce the nudity during gameplay. There's no other explanation.

The combination of all of this with the fact that you promised the game would feature full nudity without any kind of censorship just really confuses me.

If consoles can't have it, fine, but my dudes.... you own your own platform... GOG and Steam is totally okay with nudity nowadays and adult games...

You made an inclusive game in which you can play as trans people, your NPC's dress like whatever they want, there seems to be no kind of inhibition or censorship, and yet and I can't... look at my own naked body....

Snif :(

Edit: I want another matter to the discussion. The prostitutes.

Why are there only two NPC's you can interact with to initiate sex? Isn't the whole city cramped with prostitutes or what? I don't really understand it.

For me the reason is more than obvious: censorship again. When you put ONLY two NPC's that you can interact with, far away from the main story and 1st moments of the game, you "hide" those NPC's.

Imagine if you were able to hook up with any prostitute during your first visit to Viktor's (main plot progression). That street is filled with prostitutes, yet you can't really have sex with anyone. Why? These prostitutes don't really act any different than the two that you can interact with, (the ones that are far away, hidden from main story) they would invite you to their place and that's it.

I'm 100% sure the original idea was for you to be able to initiate sex with any prostitute <is prostitute=true> and allow players to interact with them. Not so hard... and VERY easy to censor.

Edit 2: I want to start adding some of the corcerns expressed in this thread for easy access for the devs, if you want yours to be added, sent me a PM.
I created/got this lil account going so that I may throw my name and voice into this ring too.

I very purposefully did not dive head-long into the hype-train. Having little to no expectations, in my opinion, is one of the best ways to experience a new game or film. That's not to say it's COMPLETELY possible to avoid natural hopes and expectations, but hopefully the reader understands what I mean.

I'd also like to add, needless as it may be, I'm in a tight situation with money, but I did save up for a bit to be able to experience this game with the world. I love Cyberpunk settings and stories.

I got the game on Ps4. I've heard how "terrible" it is, and sure, I've hit a few bugs, and some of the textures throw me back to the Ps2 days, but the setting and dialogue are more than enough, it's not ALWAYS all about graphics.

I recently played through Witcher 1 for the first time, and by the gods we all know that game doesn't hold up graphically very well. But the world and dialogue were so intriguing, I stuck around for 90 hours.

So far, I very much love the characters. I love MY character. I love exploring the city.. Walking slow, getting lost in the (maybe a bit fuzzy looking) megalopolis.

BUT. Even with my small expectations, I feel let down and lied to - but lied to by the game itself in it's current state of obvious quick bandaid to cover up what was obviously meant to be a huge aspect of the game-world. I saw early reviews and talk of an expansive, breathing world. I watched streamers, I adore, access the game at 8pm est. On the 9th, 6 hours before I could touch it.

I'm still pretty early in, but everything feels a bit soulless aside from the few main characters I've met. 75% of civilians have no option to talk to them, and when I do, they are ALWAYS angry and tell me to fuck off. I understand the setting, but a Tiny bit of diversity would more than satiate me - I LOVE staring at the character's models regardless of how many times they tell me to screw off too.

I love slowly walking through the world, immersing myself. I'm stoked about the ability-trees and potential of having a pretty unique character, it seems.

But it just feels a bit empty, even compared to my limited expectations.

And then this whole nudity thing. I'm going to refrain from repeating what others have already said, better than I could ever hope to. Again, I just want to add a name to this list to show, I REALLY care for this game. I am extremely hopeful - no matter how long it takes - that this game can grow into something extraordinary. Even if it's a year from now, I WILL BE HERE FOR IT. I will not refund. I will deal with the Ps4 bugs and continue to enjoy it as I am, until I can make use of the free Ps5 update, whenever that magical day comes that I can snag one of those bad boys.

I just reallly hope we are listened to. I know Im far from being the only person who feels optimistic and hopeful here.

PLEASE give us our freedom that so clearly already exists in the game.

Upon first getting back to V's apartment, the very first time, I went into my cache, organized and checked a few new things out, and proceeded to undress to take a shower. I felt immersed. I was having a blast. And then.. The underwear.
I knew it'd be there, I just really couldn't soften the blow though.

That's when I paused and came to see if I'm the only one, and I'm far from alone, obviously.

This game needs tender, loving care. Removing features that were so obviously already there feels similar to locking the game up in a basement like that dude in the beginning of Breaking Bad.

I will say - I followed instructions I saw in a few posts and rapidly swapped pants, which DID glitch the game and remove the underwear.
I took my FULLY-IMMERSED, Naked shower, glitched the undies BACK on, and laid down for the night to proceed the game. (I made a lady V and I think she's a bad-ass. Not that it matters or anyone asked, I just admire female characters. I'm an artist and I adorree drawing ladies. I love playing as them too, having them kick a ton of ass. I'm happy as a guy and I'm not trying to Waifu my character - it's just fun to roleplay a character that already has a solid personality and voice lines. I started as a male V and got to where you meet that boxing robot guy, and I just was NOT feeling it as dude-man V. I'm loving it as lady V now tho. Why the fuck did I even digress onto this. )

This is a role-playing game, and I had to exploit a glitch of a badly implemented but "purposeful???" patch to enjoy my role-play in a role-playing game.

(That mod post really does, and probably forever will, tickle my ass-cheeks in a way that I abhor. I do NOT like the feeling that person's response gave me.)

From the billboards to TV commercials (commercials I sat on the couch watching for half an hour before going to meet Jackie) this game EXUDES sexuality and nudity. It's obviously meant to be a huge part of the world, and it's very hard to not be upset and feel lied to. WHY'D you even let me choose a meat-hammer or taco in the first place?? It's not like the rest of V's personality is set up in a way for me to customize, which as I said, I dont mind RPing a set strong personalitied character.

It's just.. To have the genital selection and pubic hair options, ONLY to be seen in character creation and then VERY awkwardly in the menu when swapping clothes, is something I just cannot get past. I think the floppy glitch dong smackin me all around when I'm just trying to put on some basketball shorts might have actually influenced my restart..

Either keep the underwear and let us remove/add it in the equip menu as WE choose, or remove the genitals all-together.

Again, it is sooo awkward to have nudity when I DON'T want it, but not be able to access it at all when I DO want it.
And I DO want the nudity, when I want it, VERY MUCH SO.

And AGAIN - for clarity - I wanted to SHOWER for immersion, not jack my ween.
I'm a 26-year-old man on antidepressants, I dont even have the DESIRE to jack my ween 90% of the time. I just wanna roleplay, Mann.

Im sorry for rambling on so long. I've honestly been awake for 48 hours exactly, as of right now.. Insomnia and mental strife and all that shiz..

Again, I just wanted to add my voice - show I care. Show I WILL stick around for this game. But PLEASE don't abuse me.. This game has potential. I'd really be extremely bummed to just see it flushed away.. Lord knows how long before we'd get another Cyberpunk-based IP with this much potential..

Feels like I had a lot more I wanted to say, but I've already typed too much for anyone to read. And to lack of sleep, I've probably made a word-salad with equal lack of meaning..
Im just going to keep my hopes up. I'll survive if they get dashed. But man.... Starting to get similar heartbreak to when PT/Silent Hills was canceled.

But yeah.. That's all. Please just let me roleplay in the roleplaying game..
Again, don't wanna jack my ween.. There's just so much excellent roleplay potential here..

Damn it, shut up Parscuit.
Hey, I was just thinking, maybe we could try to bring this topic to the gaming websites that publish articles about games.
Probably websites such as Gamesradar.
If anyone is interested and/or has any idea how to do it feel free to reply to me.

Maybe it's Sony pressure. Censorship after release are their trademarks, they have very harsh new rules about no nudity in game and this cancer is spreading on all platform because many devs don't want to make different versions.
Post automatically merged:

You're just nitpicking. Posts I quoted previously mentionned regions and platform independantly, so I just went and pointed out my Conan Exiles experience was affected by neither anyway =)

Back to the point : in a Cyberpunk setting, with the options we have at creation, with the adjustement of child not appearing in pictures, with the actual availability of an option to add or remove censorship, with everything that was shown (even if not actually promised ), no nudity in CDRP latest title is like making pancakes and forbid the use of maple syrup. It just boggles the mind !
I agree, than censorship after release is very wrong, if i knew that it would have been censored i wouldn't bought the game. However maybe full nudity wasn't intended to be in game from the beginning and they just added underwear with 1.03 version when the game was actually released.

I thought they had a great idea with the "censor nudity" option where people who don't want nudity can turn the censor ON. But then, they still paired down the nudity no matter what. For those who want what was originally advertised, it would be nice if turning "censor nudity" OFF actually did that...

Hopefully, they can update that in their patches, but I doubt this is high on their priority list...

I wonder if a compromise couldn't be reached.
For example, you can see your genitals in your apartment and shower but not outside. It's one thing to not go streaking through the streets but showering with clothes on? Come on, that's really dumb.

Last edited:
I wonder if a compromise couldn't be reached.
For example, you can see your genitals in your apartment and shower but not outside. It's one thing to not go streaking through the streets but showering with clothes on? Come on, that's really dumb.
No. Because this is bigger that just the character being nude. This is fully clothed strippers. This is really lame sex scenes. This is BDs, Strip Clubs, and everything else adult related in the game.
It's bad enough that for drugs being everywhere, there are none to be found.
Censorship patches of what was promised is a much bigger deal than missing content at release.

If that is true, Sony should be considered their own region. Watch their gamers jump ship once the find out the difference.
That should be so but other games like Terminator were censored on all platforms after Sony censorship. It depends from developers and publishers choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom