System requirements

+
eskiMoe said:
eskiMoe said:
Guess I'll wait for the console version...
Or upgrade your GPU? ..The console versions of the game might be pretty far ahead into the future if CDPR decides to do them.. And do you honestly think they're going to be even half as good as the PC version? :)
I'd like to, but I'm gaming on a laptop so I can't upgrade the GPU without buying a whole new computer.

antho009 said:
I'd like to, but I'm gaming on a laptop so I can't upgrade the GPU without buying a whole new computer.
Not true. I upgraded my M17x GPUs a few months back. It's certainly possible.

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
Not true. I upgraded my M17x GPUs a few months back. It's certainly possible.
You're surely right, but I'm gaming on a macbook pro (using bootcamp) and the GPU is soldered on the motherboard. So unless I change the whole motherboard (which is nearly the same as buying a new computer), I think I won't be able to upgrade my GPU

Hello I am a young french player (17 years old), so ... I apologize for my english :eek:)Do you know if the System requirement at the end of the video about the Engine is temporary.I mean, Is it a requirement estimated to be at the end of the whole "optimization period", or at this time ?Because I am a little afraid by this system requirement. My computer is a little old but games run perfectly with a lot of details (Dual Core 2.6 Ghz, 2 Gb of RAM, Geforce 9800 GTX+).Do you think The Witcher 2 will run comfortably ?
An optimized, efficient game engine can have pretty low requirements.
yes, I agree . For instance, take the Source Engine (Half Life 2). When HL2 was released, the engine brought good graphics even if you put it at the lowest settings. But with a good computer, you obtained a gorgeous game. Similary for the Doom 3 engine. So I hope it will be the same with the Witcher 2, because I loved the first one (my favorite RPG, with Knights of the old Republic and Baldur) and because I think it not necessary to change my PC until the new gen of console appear.

Pouicoss said:
Hello I am a young french player (17 years old), so ... I apologize for my english :eek:)Do you know if the System requirement at the end of the video about the Engine is temporary. /.../
Hi! Welcome to the forum!System requirements are as-for-know. Don't expect them to drop much, but the optimisation has not begun yet.
Pouicoss said:
Do you think The Witcher 2 will run comfortably ?
Sure. Why shouldn't it? ;)Can read about it in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407.0

The Geforce GTX 460 is already a brilliant card for the money. By the time TW2 is released it ought to be pretty darn cheap.Hmm, watching that video had me wondering even more whether or not quad cores are going to be supported. They mentioned that they will be making use of the processor to eliminate load screens, not the RAM like I originally suspected.I was disappointed to hear that they made this multiplatform, as I was anticipating being able to show people that consoles aren't holding PC game engines back.

saka-rauka1 said:
The Geforce GTX 460 is already a brilliant card for the money. By the time TW2 is released it ought to be pretty darn cheap.Hmm, watching that video had me wondering even more whether or not quad cores are going to be supported. They mentioned that they will be making use of the processor to eliminate load screens, not the RAM like I originally suspected.I was disappointed to hear that they made this multiplatform, as I was anticipating being able to show people that consoles aren't holding PC game engines back.
Oh yeah, the GTX460 is awesome. Too bad my country is really running out of Nvidia cards after XFX gave up on Nvidia and they're more expensive then they should be.Fortunately, my problems with running the game properly are gone as I'm gonna get an HD5850 next week and I think I'll be able to max TW2 easily. Woohoo!!!! :D

RyuGuitarFreak said:
Oh yeah, the GTX460 is awesome. Too bad my country is really running out of Nvidia cards after XFX gave up on Nvidia and they're more expensive then they should be.Fortunately, my problems with running the game properly are gone as I'm gonna get an HD5850 next week and I think I'll be able to max TW2 easily. Woohoo!!!! :D
great choice , i have HD5850 , wild card.

Do we already have an Official System Requirements list for TW2 ?? I'd really like to know the recommended system requirements for this game. If anyone knows or have an idea, please don't hesitate in posting, I'd appreciate very much.Thanks in advance !

Please, don't hesistate in checking if there is a topic where you could ask your question before creating a new one, OK?Yes, we know the requirements - but only minimal. And they're likely to drop a little, because game is still to be optimised.Dual Core @ 2.2 GHzGF8800 with 512MB of VRAM1 GB of RAM for XP / 2 GBs for Vista or W7Check out the unofficial FAQ for else of your concernshttp://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28407.0

Gaah, should have put marks in my previous post. It seemed easy to get. Sorry if you felt offended. Are we cool?But please, in the future check the forum for searched data before creating a completely new topic, will you? It would help it to remain clean and organised and we'll all have benefits from this :)I have no power to delete anything, lol :p

Do you think i can play?Windows 7 Professional 64bitIntel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4Ghz4GB RAMNVIDIA Geforce 8600M GTbtw i am using a laptop and am at my max now so i can't upgrade anything.

jkroth said:
Do you think i can play?Windows 7 Professional 64bitIntel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4Ghz4GB RAMNVIDIA Geforce 8600M GTbtw i am using a laptop and am at my max now so i can't upgrade anything.
I doubt you'll be able to run the game. After all 8800GT is listed as the minimum GPU for the game..

I read already the detailed and brilliant FAQ (and thanks, always thanks Szypek, btw :), but I've a question about system requirements too, sorry.Why wouldn't we expect to run TW2 in HD for the release?Which system requirements should we need to do it?We are seeing those marvelous prebeta gameplay, and AoK looks already epic. I wouldn't guess how it will be at the end. But hey, it'd be quite disappointing castrate the game and let it run with 50-60% of its potential. é_è

MorganMerrimar said:
Why wouldn't we expect to run TW2 in HD for the release?
... using a computer that meets only the minimal requirements. It's quite obvious, that it won't be able to run it in full-detailed HD, isn't it? ;>

szypek26 said:
szypek26 said:
Why wouldn't we expect to run TW2 in HD for the release?
... using a computer that meets only the minimal requirements. It's quite obvious, that it won't be able to run it in full-detailed HD, isn't it? ;>
lol, of course! Indeed I was wondering which would be system requirements to play AoK in full-detailed HD. :)

pm

Senior user
Hi, you're right we still have not announced the optimal requirements. Sorry for that, please stay tuned. :)

PM said:
Hi, you're right we still have not announced the optimal requirements. Sorry for that, please stay tuned. :)
Thanks, PM. I look forward to seeing new updates.Guess the optimal requirements would sound quite disheartening for my money box, but I think this game should be played to its full potential.

Top Bottom