Tailbot Wins - Pure RNG

+
next update patch seems to be after May 20th.
after a tournament.

this game is unfinished, development should adjust a game steadily.
however, it is in a condition that a game is tied up in a meeting, and does not get a motion.
do not understand a meaning of the beta.

CDPR, we dont need tournaments in broken abandoned unballanced game!
We need weekly or at least monthly balance fixes. And new cards.
:surprise:
Please dont do any tournaments if your game isnt finished. All community is asking for patch that ends 4 months of same toxic meta and you just holding meaningless events instead?

No... No... No! Remember guys...

Skill beats luck!

Or at least it used to. Seriously, straying from that mentality is why Gwent has ended up in the position it is in now. Create needs to Die in a fire and the sooner that happens (preferably before the 6 month home coming wait) the better.

I'd also prefer that they keep the functionality of the mulligan system without screwing up actual draws. I think being able to plan your last mulligan as the draw for your last round has become a pretty solid and tactical feature. Thought is required, not luck.

Last edited:
Pruny;n10905751 said:
homecoming is not solution. This game require weekly small balance fixes to some cards.
Because after homecoming its released Swim will find the most abusable cards fast and all netdeckers will play the same deck another 6months.
If warduncer were fixed after couple of weeks the meta wouldnt be so anoying.

Yeah... and in your scenario the game still has no player base because it would still be a marathon away from the ideology of Gwent. Thus it dies and ceases to exist at all.

Last edited:
ZenaRose;n10914351 said:

Sometimes i think the problem Gwent had is that the developers promoted the e-sports facet of the game way too early. They should´ve focused in developing a solid game instead of being so focused in the competitive scene.

If you build a good game, the competitive scene of the game will come organically. Instead they tried to put the cart before the horse.

Pruny;n10905751 said:
homecoming is not solution. This game require weekly small balance fixes to some cards.
Because after homecoming its released Swim will find the most abusable cards fast and all netdeckers will play the same deck another 6months.
If warduncer were fixed after couple of weeks the meta wouldnt be so anoying.

Personally I think it's actually easier to climb the ladder when 30-40% of the player base uses the same deck. Both previous seasons I played with decks that had ~90% winrate against Brouver, and thanks to that my overall winrate was over 70% even on higher ranks (4200+).

It was especially funny when Brouvers would predictably pass after playing Yaevinn in R1 only to get absolutely destroyed by weather in R2.

ZenaRose;n10914351 said:
We need weekly or at least monthly balance fixes. And new cards.
:surprise:
Please dont do any tournaments if your game isnt finished. All community is asking for patch that ends 4 months of same toxic meta and you just holding meaningless events instead?

It's a textbook example of how upper management pushes profit over creativity and quality. They needed these tournaments to establish Gwent as an esports game. Problem is, you don't try and create a competitive scene like that when the game is in beta. They're delaying balance fixes because of the tournaments and pro ladders. It's ridiculous to do that with a game that's still in beta.

Sheva007;n10914614 said:
Sometimes i think the problem Gwent had is that the developers promoted the e-sports facet of the game way too early. They should´ve focused in developing a solid game instead of being so focused in the competitive scene.

If you build a good game, the competitive scene of the game will come organically. Instead they tried to put the cart before the horse.

On CB (back when the game was actually good and tactically deep), there were ~50 players tournaments on discord WEEKLY with little to no incentive from cdpr.

Those even happen anymore? I dont know, i entered those discords channels recently and they seemed dead.

Laveley;n10914887 said:
On CB (back when the game was actually good and tactically deep), there were ~50 players tournaments on discord WEEKLY with little to no incentive from cdpr.

Those even happen anymore? I dont know, i entered those discords channels recently and they seemed dead.

On CB it had certain interesting aspects but it was broken like hell. There were literally only 4 decks in February 2017, when I was playing. SK Discard, Monsters Consume, Monsters Weather and Scoia Scorch-Ambush

ser2440;n10914902 said:
On CB it had certain interesting aspects but it was broken like hell. There were literally only 4 decks in February 2017, when I was playing. SK Discard, Monsters Consume, Monsters Weather and Scoia Scorch-Ambush

It was unbalanced, which they could have fixed on 2 years. Instead they proceed to complete ruin it lol

Laveley;n10914920 said:
It was unbalanced, which they could have fixed on 2 years. Instead they proceed to complete ruin it lol

Agreed. Very interesting cards never saw play so the REDs decided to rework them, or simplify them which was not the way to go in my opinion. Take the old Drummond Shieldmaiden for example

"Pre Midwinter ability: Deal 2 damage to an enemy. If it was already damaged, play another copy of this unit from your deck"

and closed beta ability:

"Whenever this unit is damaged but not destroyed, play another copy of this unit from your deck".

Imagine the synergy the CB version would have with the Light Longships as they are now

ser2440;n10914989 said:
Agreed. Very interesting cards never saw play so the REDs decided to rework them, or simplify them which was not the way to go in my opinion. Take the old Drummond Shieldmaiden for example

"Pre Midwinter ability: Deal 2 damage to an enemy. If it was already damaged, play another copy of this unit from your deck"

and closed beta ability:

"Whenever this unit is damaged but not destroyed, play another copy of this unit from your deck".

Imagine the synergy the CB version would have with the Light Longships as they are now

They dumbed down everything on the desperate attempt to attract casuals.

Well folks, I think it's rapidly getting to the point where pretty much everyone has said all that can be said about the state of GWENT and the hope for the future.

The 6 month thing is a lock as far as we know. Non-flexible. Kinda like them stone things that dude carried down from that mountain back in the day. Let's hope if we're all dancing around the golden idol of MTG or Artefact (the English spelling is correct, bloody Americans *love ya really cross-Atlantic cousins*) the changes inscribed upon the tablets of Homecoming are enough to make us renounce our idolatrous ways and return to the fold of GWENT.

ser2440;n10914902 said:

yeah ambush was insane with spy abuse like brouver today, but at least then i could play with Ciri and earth elemental to get 2cards back.
:cirisad:

Pruny;n10915037 said:
yeah ambush was insane with spy abuse like brouver today, but at least then i could play with Ciri and earth elemental to get 2cards back.
:cirisad:

not when they played Ciaran who was impossible to interact with, you couldn't. There is nothing worse than Scoia Ambush scorch in the closed beta. Completely impossible to disrupt their game plan, lock ambushes or anything. Just waiting to get scorched. turn after turn.

ser2440;n10915067 said:
not when they played Ciaran who was impossible to interact with, you couldn't.

Interesting enough, people didnt used ciaran that much, even though the negative points spy were auto-include and ciaran was basically a golden +1 spy which could be played as a toruviel to fool your opponent on even more card advantage. That card alone lead me to top10 on my region on season 1.

perfect example of underrrated card.

CallMeHoot;n10915016 said:
Let's hope if we're all dancing around the golden idol of MTG.

i'm already dancing around it, and feels great to be back to it. Even the pace of the game feels ok, which is probably the most difficult part of an online version of MGT, how you deal with turn phases , instants, and all.

the problem i see is the economy. Ugh, the economy, they have to tune that. They should call someome from Gwent and follow their advice on economy and rewards.

Sheva007;n10914614 said:

Well, I don't think it was a problem. Staarcraft 2 was intended as an e-sports game from the beginning and it was fine. However when we ignore the inherent RNG in the games, SC2 stayed the same, but Gwent has developed a strong case of Hearthstonitis (especially when it was propagated as a "skill beats luck" game). It is as if in SC2 the devs added a chance to hit for all attacks and abilities.

ser2440;n10914902 said:

CB had it's flaws but it was Gwent. At the very least it was a sollid foundation to work with. Fine tuning it, retooling cards here or there, getting that foundation to a reasonably balanced state then proceeding to slowly incorporate new cards and features into the game was an option. It is not what happened. Instead, huge changes were rolled out on a dime. Compounding matters, it's nigh impossible to properly test changes, or address problem areas, when you opt for a patch/update cycle where those changes are applied in bulk and left to sit for six months. Looking back, it feels like the priority was to add more hooks and carrots each update, new features just because, and change X, Y or Z to "keep things fresh" rather than build a solid product. It's not a recipe for success.

Bear in mind, this is coming from a former player that shelved Gwent months ago precisely because the enjoyability factor fell off a cliff shortly after OB started. I'd still like to see CDPR turn the ship around. The potential is still there.

Esmer;n10914626 said:
Personally I think it's actually easier to climb the ladder when 30-40% of the player base uses the same deck. Both previous seasons I played with decks that had ~90% winrate against Brouver, and thanks to that my overall winrate was over 70% even on higher ranks (4200+).

It was especially funny when Brouvers would predictably pass after playing Yaevinn in R1 only to get absolutely destroyed by weather in R2.

Weather is not very good when elven scout can clear it.
Maybe you run axemen? i havent use them since frost was damaging all units :)
And i wont change my swordmaster deck just to counter braindead elfswarm, i am more happy destroying henselt and harald.

Last edited:
Top Bottom