The Crimson Curse is unleashed!

+
I love how Swim is abusing and exposing the bad stuff in Gwent. I hope this will show the devs the real problems. Immunity from Eredin (fixed, hooray!), orders and charges... not good for the game.

Do you realise that this was only possible in current seasonal mode which is designed to be over the top funny?
Post automatically merged:

Every deck is now just crafted with tonnes and tonnes of removal or lock.

Story of CDPR life:
Open Beta - "This game is sooo uninteractive. Everybody just doing proactive stuff on their side of the board. Thats not good for the game!"
Current Gwent - "Hey, opponents can mess with stuff on my side of the board and even block my 'strategy'. Thats not good for the game!"

Really guys? Have you ever tried any other CCG out there? Magic, for example (even common cards can easily remove your precious epic rare combo piece there)? Because these complains are simply ridiculous.

Last edited:
Do you realise that this was only possible in current seasonal mode which is designed to be over the top funny?

The same tactic still works in normal mode, but not with those insane numbers. Still, if the opponent passes early without having a Scorch or Reset, (s)he will lose the game.

Yeah, but it´s so convoluted and easily disruptable that it belongs among meme moves which is fine I think.

Well, yeah, but you have to say that to Archan6el. I only countered your argument about the seasonal mode, that is, the mode being irrelevant to the discussion.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@nedders Yeah, it can be extremely frustrating playing against removal decks, or lock decks, but there are counters.

Have you tried a SC Immune deck? Play your weaker bronze cards R1, get some handbuffs in the card you're saving for R3, then on R3 play the 3 Immune SC units (Milva, Saskia Dragon and Gabor) and some specials and artefacts... your opponent wont be able to do any damage or lock unless his damage his indirect like row damage or Shupe Hunter.

Another 2 possibilities, that you mentioned, are MO deathwish and SK self damage. If you trigger those too soon, the opponent can then apply their damage, so i recommend you set up the board for the last few turns, so your opponent's early removal will actually benefit you (or hurt you less).
Of course this will be much harder if against NG locks, against those you may actually want to trigger the deathwish / berserks before they have a chance to lock them.

... Story of CDPR life:
Open Beta - "This game is sooo uninteractive. Everybody just doing proactive stuff on their side of the board. Thats not good for the game!"
Current Gwent - "Hey, opponents can mess with stuff on my side of the board and even block my 'strategy'. Thats not good for the game!"

Really guys? Have you ever tried any other CCG out there? Magic, for example (even common spɹɐɔ can easily remove your precious epic rare combo piece there)? Because these complains are simply ridiculous.
You know that there is something called "middle ground"? In Homecoming today the removal is tuned-ish compared to couple of months ago, but is still out of control. Playing on half an empty boards, where most of the stuff gets removed the second its played, where you can't do 3/4 of whatever combos you have had put in your deck does not make for fun or engaging games.

"Interactive" does not mean remove the enemy cards. Disruption does not mean destruction. Take good old Mill for example, where you were disrupting Oppo's strategy via breaking the tutors combos, costing him points, overthinning the Oppo's deck so you can get CA, etc.

You know that there is something called "middle ground"? In Homecoming today the removal is tuned-ish compared to couple of months ago, but is still out of control. Playing on half an empty boards, where most of the stuff gets removed the second its played, where you can't do 3/4 of whatever combos you have had put in your deck does not make for fun or engaging games.

Kind of goes both ways doesn't it? It's the main reason I'm slowly losing interest. Play anything engine based and it feels like half the game everything placed on the board gets instantly killed, locked or shut down. Play against something engine based and lack the removal, locks or disruption to handle the combos, powerful engines, etc. and your face melts from the inevitable snowball effect. Throw some blind point-slam in the mix and you have the meta since HC went live. I distinctly recall multiple iterations of beta where this wasn't the case. There weren't so many ways to instant kill setup cards but you didn't necessarily need to either.

I do not understand how that combo could happen. Yesterday, I was trying for 10+ games to get Overkill achievement, which is granted for winning last round with 50+ points more than opponent. There generally always happened one of three scenarios.
a) I could not get combo pieces and I lost.
b) I got some pieces of combo, but not full combo so I won but not with 50+ points more than opponent
c) I was lucky enough to make everything right, to draw and play everything in proper order and then, when opponent saw, that I can win no matter what, he resigned immediately without waiting for me to get 50 points more than he has.

The result is, I was unable to get that achievement. I did not watch above mentioned 2900 points stream, but I can not imagine, how under normal circumstancies could opponent wait to let game go even over 100 points score, not to mention 2900. It is highly unrealistic and that could hardly happen in real game. I rather think, Strim's opponent was somehow motivated to let Strim play his combo out.

In fact my yesterday futile experience made me thinking about suggesting improvement to let other player continue game even if opponents resign, because with current implementation, I can hypothetically never get Overkill achievement unless my opponent will let me do it willingly and my performance in game has not significant enough effect on getting or not getting that achievement.

Last edited:
Bringing that topic up a bit to give my 2 cents about Eredin.
I was using it with a Keltullis/deathwish deck, which btw was all or nothing (a random destroy, a Nivellen or others and I couldn't do anything... never got me past rank 10) so I'm not really objective but anyway: I agree he was really powerful and some combo were too strong or impossible to parry. However, immune is still a thing and I think with all the new purify mechanics he didn't need to be nerfed so hard. For example, just a spring equinox, if not a tempest, would have now be enough to remove the immune. I know not everyone run those but isn't it like that for most powerful leader/cards already?
Post automatically merged:

Otherwise, with his new ability he should get charges or something else because he really feels underwhelming now... (Even more since there was also the addition of that card I don't remember the name which destroys directly a shielded unit)

Top Bottom