The Forlorn Hope: Cyberpunk Off-Topic

+
And yes, I was being diplomatic when I used the term "Action" RPG (being that I tagged both Suhiira and Kofe).

Oh. WHOOPS. I kinda maybe didn't notice you tagged our Hardcore too. FAlLUREZ TO READ.

I really had no issue with VTMB skill/stats being so vital in combat. Actually quite enjoyed the boost it gave me and how definitive it was. Would have liked even more depth actually.

Still holding out hope that 2077 has a robust skills/stats influence on shooty-stabby. Like, my Krav Maga skill of 8 makes me deadly at HtH whereas at 2 it made me mostly miss. Totally doable, I think, with slow-downs, freeze-time, boosted damage, adjusted hit chance, stat-determined parry/dodge, you name it.

good ol' Chris might be working on a new Vampire game.

Cautiously optimistic.

Given Chirs’ workings of late and his freelancer ”writer for hire” role, he’s probably not the guy in the team to pull any heavier strings, or the - possible - game from crud to excellence.

But we’ll see.

Also, VtMB is a good game, but far from perfect. And if possible, twitchier than most twitch games when it comes to combat (and especially boss fights).

Also, VtMB is a good game, but far from perfect. And if possible, twitchier than most twitch games when it comes to combat (and especially boss fights).

If you make a gun-toting, non-celerity user with crap firearms skills maybe.

High firearms skill makes you pretty deadly. Celerity means you stroll slowly around shooting or stabbing people at your leisure. Brujah are silly OP if you (RPG system wise) build their stats and skills for it.

If you build a Tremere properly, there's hardly any twitch. Move a bit ( or don't) and blood boil/drain your targets. Bosses included.

My Tremere playthrough was just silly easy.

Much much less twitchy than other shooters or stabbers. Combat-lite, really.

If you make a gun-toting, non-celerity user with crap firearms skills maybe.

High firearms skill makes you pretty deadly. Celerity means you stroll slowly around shooting or stabbing people at your leisure. Brujah are silly OP if you (RPG system wise) build their stats and skills for it.

If you build a Tremere properly, there's hardly any twitch. Move a bit ( or don't) and blood boil/drain your targets. Bosses included.

My Tremere playthrough was just silly easy.

Much much less twitchy than other shooters or stabbers. Combat-lite, really.

I got frustrated with how combat-centric the second half of the game seemed to be, because I was rockin' a Ventrue (yeah, THOSE guys). But otherwise, pretty much this.

Really hope this next game (assuming it gets made) follows in the first one's footsteps, and they don't pull a Splinter Cell or Ghost Recon on us.

I got frustrated with how combat-centric the second half of the game seemed to be, because I was rockin' a Ventrue (yeah, THOSE guys). But otherwise, pretty much this.

Yeah no doubt. If you built a good non-combat build, you ate it hard in the dungeon crawls and Hunter fights. If you built a so-so combat build, same story. That's where system-based RPGs fall down - unless you can respend talents, a poor build can cause you a lot of suffering your twitch skills or strategy mind can't fix.
For most RPGs, non-combat options for full playthroughs are lacking or non existent.

Combat be easier than writing, no shocker.

@Loostreaks Doing gods work. https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/b2ir6p
loostreaks.png

Yeaaahhh..soo. let's not call journalists "idjits". Not too cool. CDPR appreciates these people and works with them to boost awareness for their games and games in general.

I'm aware that the media gets a bad rap these days for multiple reasons, let's not have it trot over here and make things ugly.

For one thing, we have several members of the profession on these forums and not only are they not "idgits" they are actually quite intelligent, reasonable people.

Yeaaahhh..soo. let's not call journalists "idjits". Not too cool. CDPR appreciates these people and works with them to boost awareness for their games and games in general.

I'm aware that the media gets a bad rap these days for multiple reasons, let's not have it trot over here and make things ugly.

For one thing, we have several members of the profession on these forums and not only are they not "idgits" they are actually quite intelligent, reasonable people.
That's not what I was referring to with the "doing gods work" thing (for reasons you're aware of), just to be clear. I'm more interested in the questions he (she?) was proposing, and the fact that it's the most upvoted comment (better chance of a passing journalist asking them).

And I definitely agree, members of the profession get painted with too broad a brush in many cases. There are great individuals in even the worst outlets (though "worst" is, of course, subjective), and great outlets that some aren't aware of.

I just remembed Borderlands 3, it seems they have started to hype it. I wonder if its MMORPG they kinda gave us strong hints at that direction a few year back. I could almost bet they are doing Anthem with it.

Online/MP space is gonna get so crowded, they are really giving a killshot to MMORPG genre.

Anyone watching Love, Death & Robots?

It's 18 different animated stories from 18 different animators using various animation styles from hyper realistic, to cartoony formats. It's an anthology series, and reminds me a wee bit of the old Heavy Metal magazine installments I use to read.
... and although these are animated stories, most of them are anything but safe for children or work.; filled with violence, nudity, gore, dismemberment and such.

The first story in the anthology reminds me a wee bit of Cyberpunk, but, in a universe where biological technology might've been a stronger focus than metal and silicon.

So assuming The Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 are going to be released in 2020 ... that year is looking like it's gonna be a beast for good games. Of course we can't count our chickens before they hatch, but those two and Bloodlines 2 all seem like they could be epic. There's also potentially Death Stranding, Dying Light 2, the new System Shock, etc etc.

Top Bottom