The General Videogame Thread

+
Anyone know if you can switch between m&kb and controller on the fly? Would be nice to use controller for driving and m&kb for shooting.

---------- Post merged on 17-04-2015 at 02:00 AM ----------

Well, GTA5 has been running fine for me thus far. No issues during installation, no stutter and driving is just fine with the controller. Running all "standard settings" maxed out with Nvidia PCSS shadows with only MSAA & Reflection MSAA turned down to x2. Enabled high detail streaming while flying and increased distance & shadow scaling from the advanced settings. Haven't dropped below 60 fps. Have to leave for work in a moment so I'll be doing more intensive "testing" in the weekend.

I've noticed they've been patching it and it runs around 50-70 FPS for me. The port has been well made and it shows.

I've played it for several hours now and haven't encountered any issues whatsoever. It's a fantastic game. Looks good, runs great and is tons of fun. The more I play it, the more I enjoy it.

lol:

It looks great in motion. The screenshots really don't do it enough justice.

Last edited:
I did hate Franklin and his "yo shit dog gangsta homie" bullshit in the beginning. But it becomes less annoying the more I play. :p

What is wrong with you?

Trevor's awesome!

He's a fuck head, and I hate Rockstar's writing. But they did improve gameplay this time around and there's an impressive variety. I just want to burn through the main missions so I can get all my toys and rob banks.

Last edited:
Last week was everything but not boring in our point of view. First of all, The Witcher 3 is become golden, which is somewhat a calming news for me, because this prooves that ther won't be any delay fortunetly. Secondly we passed the one month waiting time and we are closer to the release second by second, minute by minute and so on. I know that this was allways like this, but we are pretty close to the release so is different for me. Last but not least GTA 5 is released on PC finally, which I will tell you why was it iportant to me.
After I the CDPR announced that the third Witcher game going to be open world game, I intantly had a plan kind of thing which will helps me survive the long waiting time. This list included some games which were under development, and some of them I already played and owned. Few examples: Just Cause 2, Sleeping Dogs, and Watch Dogs, the GTA 5 was just a maybe if it cames out to PC and if the previously mentioned games are failed. The JC2 is served very well, but some time ago just became unplayable due to constant crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay. Watch Dogs, well we already know it was a big fail but a lot of reasons and the Sleeping Dogs simply was missing something. Something which is very very important to me in theese kind of games which is I need a country side not just a city. The city by itself is boooooring for me and that's why the Sleeping Dogs, GTA 4 were miss for me.
I would like to mention the Red Dead Redemption which was in focus as well soon after the announcment, I read an interview one of the founders of the CDPR and he said that the main inspiration was from RDR than let's say, Skyrim. I played RDR a good 10 hours but my TV's HDMI output was broke, so I had to stop. ButRDR helped me decide that I should pre-order GTA 5, and it is seems to be very very good choice. I love it, it is so detailed and fun, to be honest I did not played a game this lot since I RDR.
Let me explain why I did compare TW3 to a few open world action games. If you played DA:I or TES: Skyrim both was a bit...clumsy I would say in terms of controls and animation. But The Witcher 3 for me looks more fluid, responsive and so on.

Seems like I have to replay Gothic 2 someday...and YOU should, too. It's still one of the best action RPGs ever made and it's obviously a great inspiration for Witcher 3 as well. If you've never played it do so ASAP... ;)

WOAH, this is so much better than most other "enhancement" mods. It looks really polished even if a bif rough in some spots. Some objects/structures are quite low poly and the HD textures look strange on them, more polygons would be welcome. Also, I hope he will remake the armors and NPCs as well.

Seems like I have to replay Gothic 2 someday...and YOU should, too. It's still one of the best action RPGs ever made and it's obviously a great inspiration for Witcher 3 as well. If you've never played it do so ASAP... ;)

I played the Gothic 3 a bit back in time, but some reason I left it. I will give it a shot later on, thanks :)

Just a taste from the GTA 5's thunderstorm. Beautyfull.

Top Bottom