The little things...

+
Well.

I was going to reply, but I'm listening to Zdorab's Cpunk campaign and it's actually fun, so, yeah. Where was I going with this? Oh, right. FUN THINGS VS LESS FUN THINGS.

Plus Kel showed up with a huge bowl of fresh blueberries and strawberries. So, food good.

I'm sorry, but when a comment includes the phrase "Please save the industry by projecting your thoughts", it pretty much implies that a response is pointless, doesn't it?

No answering the 3 questions would at the very least help out this thread. that silly remark was my fluff in that post, sozz it was distracting.

please answer :)

1. Why is the interaction with food bad for 77?

2. why is the interaction with chairs bad for 77?

3. Why is a sleep or wait mechanic bad for 77?

1. not bad

2. not bad

3. not bad

4. all potentially pointless, but by all means not inherently bad, and in no way condemns those who favor said mechanics.

No answering the 3 questions would at the very least help out this thread. that silly remark was my fluff in that post, sozz it was distracting.

please answer :)

I don't have any problem with "interaction with food". I have a problem with animations of interaction with food, and I have a problem with gameplay mechanics that require food or sleeping.

- If it includes animations while eating food, either for the player or for NPCs, I consider it LESS immersive, LESS realistic, and eventually just annoying, because these animations are going to be repetitive. If they're not repetitive, then it stops being a "little thing" and becomes a fairly complex and, probably, costly Big Thing. This is not something that I would want them to spend a lot of money on.

- If it's a game mechanic related to the stats, then either it's easy to find food, or it isn't. If it's easy, it's a pointless game mechanic. If it's difficult, it's a form of grinding, and I don't want that. Some people like grinding, fine, but I don't. There's also the inventory impact, either you just stack it up, in which case it becomes meaningless, or you use separate slots for different kinds of food, in which case there's a potential inventory management issue. It can be fixed, but again, I'd prefer CDPR not to have to spend time solving problems that don't need to exist in the first place.

I don't think that it's bad for 77.

Same as the first point. It's bad if it includes animations or anything that consumes real-world time, and it's bad if you have to spend a lot of game-time looking for somewhere to sleep. Otherwise I don't have a problem with it.

thanks Dragonbird, awesome post! :)
Not that I fully agreeing with you but you are clear and percise..I feel better.

RED has the finale say though and I hope they do the best they can with the implementation of littles things like eating and drinking, sitting and sleeping.

I still think it would be cool to smoke in 77. It might be one of the only addictions they could do without fireing up anyone too bad.

It's bad if it doesn't add anything besides a lame animation to show said interactions.

Same as above.

Same as above.

The questions we need to ask are these: what are you doing, eating/sitting/sleeping etc. around, what do you get out of it? How does doing these things help you play the game, or empower you in the game world.

I get people want these things in order to "become" the character, feel more immersed while playing the game. But here's something you should notice: activities which increase character immersion are not superficial or unrelated to the overall gameplay.

If such mechanics are added to the game, then they need to be more than just animations, meaning that they would have to be mandatory in order to be credible and believable.

You can't halfass this shit- if you want realism, then you'll get fucking realism: you need to eat every 6 hours, or else you're hypoglycemic and die, you need to relieve yourself and shit, or else you wet/brown your pants, you need to sleep, or else you hallucinate/die.

I don't understand the point of adding realism if it's not real. It's just vanity, it's just a gimmick, so why have it? Just so someone can pretend to pee after having a drink? What's the point of that for the game?

This isn't just a role-playing game for the sake of role-playing, it's a game with its own story and objectives, and everything in the game world needs to make sense within those two things, otherwise it's just bupkis.

I would rather the developers add inherently unique interactions to the world of CP77, somethings which our characters can only do in this game world. I would like options for interactions with the game world to be meaningful for character empowerment.

More importantly, I think it would be cool if they added things that we would want to do again and again because they're fun. I mean, how many times are you going to eat/sleep/piss/shit before the novelty wears off? What then?

I don't think CP77 is the game to innovate these mechanics into something interesting, it has its own objectives, and I think that's cool.

I don't have any problem with "interaction with food". I have a problem with animations of interaction with food, and I have a problem with gameplay mechanics that require food or sleeping.
Can you clarify which you have the issue with:
A cutscene of a character eating.
A forced animation of a character eating which prevents all other actions.
An animation that doesn't interfere with other actions.

Eating from your menu screens is the lazy approach, I for one would like to see my dude in 3rd person holding the nutrient bar and actually eating on it, or in first person a simple animation of your hand holding it and bringing it up and bites are taken off...both of which should be accompanied by sound effects.

just a quick 2 second animation would be fine.

I will leave it up to them for any stat bonus...I'm open on that one.

In Arx Fatalis if you don't eat for some time you'll lose some health because of hunger, if you eat, then you it'll stop hunger but it will not recover health. Simple sitting is could be useful because it'll make your stamina replenish faster and you could possibly get in restaurant to get some order and push away hunger by sitting and eating. waiting on foot will pass the time but it will make you tired (if you don't use leg augmentations) unless you sit. being sleepless will make you harder to concentrate and you'll be less accurate sleeping or pills will remove those things and you will be as good as before. What i wanted to say is those little things will not give bonuses, but remove some those negative things

Another use for sitting: Meetings.
It isn't just corporates that have to have a sit down meeting. What if pur character goes to a bar or a diner and meets up with a contact or what have you? Standing during these kinds of meets would be ride and unsettling.

Not wanting any of these features because eating, waiting and sleeping animations would take/steal time is a terrible point. Those animations would not take more than a few seconds and you wouldn't be forced to wait more than you normally would have. Examples of this would be the games like Gothic 3 and Neverwinter Nights 2. (Gothic 3 had sleeping, eating, drinking, sitting and all those other animations, as well as a animation for picking up items. None of them took more than 5 seconds and they looked great. And Neverwinter Nights 2 had a rest animation) Hell, even "The Witcher" had a wait mechanic complete with animations. Didn't take more than 5 seconds and it looked really cool.

Can you clarify which you have the issue with:
A cutscene of a character eating.
A forced animation of a character eating which prevents all other actions.
An animation that doesn't interfere with other actions.

All of the above.

I will leave it up to them for any stat bonus...I'm open on that one.

You're leaving it up to them for ALL of this. As am I. Because none of us get a vote. :)

Not wanting any of these features because eating, waiting and sleeping animations would take/steal time is a terrible point.

No, it's a pretty good point from where I'm standing. It's just something we disagree on.

I'm not going to change my mind, you're not going to change yours, so that's pretty much all I have to say on the topic.

All of the above.

You're leaving it up to them for ALL of this. As am I. Because none of us get a vote. :)

No, it's a pretty good point from where I'm standing. It's just something we disagree on.

I'm not going to change my mind, you're not going to change yours, so that's pretty much all I have to say on the topic.

So you are against the idea of eating, drinking, sleeping and waiting having animations regardless of those animations interfering with your gameplay or not. Because in my post i clearly stated there are example of games that had those animations without interfering with the game. (They had short animations but still looked nice and added a lot of immersion to the game.) Including Witcher games, a game that were made and released by CDPR. Same company who makes CP77. So what is your point really?

OK. Fuzzy response, change to "All of the above if they are repetitive".

Cutscenes of people eating aren't necessarily repetitive, they may be story-related, but if the same cutscene occurs multiple times in the game, I don't like it.

OK. Fuzzy response, change to "All of the above if they are repetitive".

Cutscenes of people eating aren't necessarily repetitive, they may be story-related, but if the same cutscene occurs multiple times in the game, I don't like it.

Like the shooting, jumping and walking animations? (Lets be fair, all of these animations play over and over again. But i'm beating a dead horse to make a point.) And don't think it as a cut scene. It cannot take more than 5 seconds and it wouldn't stop the game as a cut scene would. It would be an animation corresponds to your actions. No different from walking, running, kneeling, jumping or shooting animations.

OMG, I was just downtown and there was a giant flying dragon attacking the noodle bar breathing fire out everywhere and everyone who was sitting down eating are toast!

;)

Camera aspects while in 3rd person

I would like the camera to circle my character if I leave him idle for longer then a minute.

I would like to bring the camera to the front of my character so I can see the front of him at anytime.

I would like to control the camera's distance from my character, zooming in, zooming out and leaving it at desired distance while playing.

Top Bottom