The New Geralt (leaked video)

+
I have to agree that Game and Book Geralt both seem pretty close (granted, I am one of the sad, sad people that hasn't been able to read the entire saga). Geralt tends to keep things sweet and simple, but he knows how to talk when he needs to. I'm thinking of his speech to Yen in the Last Wish about not playing with genies and holding people hostage, because it's just not nice. The Abigail speech seems a nice parallel. And :beer: Dandelion is essential to another perfect game.

Geralt has a complex personality. He can be a cruel, unmercifal killer or real sweetheart. He's not a mean, evil or cruel by nature, but he is a survivor. If salamanders are trying to kill him, then he's unmercifal and fights to the death. If a lady needs help, then he'll do that too. He knows right and wrong and supports right. He is no perfect do-gooder, but he's no arrogant, butthole jerk either. Just trying to survive in a cruel, dangerous world when none of the options are very good.

But Geralt is filled with bitterness as well because he learned it's not always worthwhile to help others. When he left Kaer Morhen as a young witcher he was convinced everyone would welcome a witcher. On his first journey he met a peasant and his 13 years old daughter. Bandits had assailed them and one bandit was about to rape the girl. Geralt killed the guy and his accomplice run away, the peasant too. The little girl was crying horribly because she was spilled with the blood of the bandit Geralt had killed. And she was afraid of Geralt - no thankfulness from the poepe he had helped. Geralt then decided to think twice before he helps others who are hard up.It was mentioned in one of the 'Voice of Reason' short stories.

I wonder how the Geralt in the English-language version of the game compares to that in other languages. When the EE came out, CDPR said that they'd been told that English-speaking gamers didn't like much dialogue, so they had intentionally made the dialogue in the English version of The Witcher quite brief. (They made it so brief that some people had trouble following the plot :D, so they lengthened it in the EE.) I wonder if the English-speaking Geralt has shorter dialogue than he does in other languages.Has anyone played in English and in one or more other languages? Is Geralt more verbose in other languages than he is in English?

Guest 2005166

Just a bit in polish and german. It´s just different Cory, and it´s nice to see (in that case "hear") what language can do and how it adds up to the atmosphere. But I didn´t have the feeling Geralt was more talkactive. I quit it in german also pretty fast, just to return to polish or english. :teeth:The only thing which could be is, there are some translation issues resulting in slightly different voice overs compared to subtitles - without changing the meaning of course.

A lot to read since my last posts. So, I'll just try to sum up my mixed opinions nice and short from here on.The New Geralt does seem more detailed so maybe we'll see some facial expression this time 'round?Geralt could be emotional, but don't expect him to cry in CG... words could be punned for that effect.Christopher Lambert could be cast as future Geralt telling of his past adventures? Book 1 had a 'look-back' effect.The more I look at it, the more members post about the new details.... the more I like The New Geralt.That's all for now, I think. Hopefully this has brought some new perspective. :peace:

Corylea, when you play with English voice overs and foreign language subtitles. Then you should see a difference.

Did they really cut English dialogue? Oh this makes me so sad!!! :( Why am I not smart enough to learn Polish? :wall: I feel cheated lol.I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has only read the English translated books so far so it's a bit early to tell if game Geralt is similar to that of novel Geralt. From what I've read though, he too is a man of few words. I think he is slightly more emotional though in the novels...you just have to read about his relationship with Ciri to know that. Gosh they're cute!I wouldn't be opposed to a bit more emotion in the sequel, but not to the point where we lose the old Geralt entirely. A few inflections in his voice every now and then would probably do it. ;DAlso, somebody mentioned that Geralt is becoming a bit emo in the future novels. This made me lol to myself as I pictured him with dyed black hair and long bangs covering his eye. :D

IllusiveSpatula said:
I wouldn't be opposed to a bit more emotion in the sequel, but not to the point where we lose the old Geralt entirely. A few inflections in his voice every now and then would probably do it. ;D
Yeah, just as long as it's not a part of regular dialog and only in a special case, circumstance or scenario. I'm sure they know that.Oh, I also would like English. I have the BG versions, but it's not enough for me as it seems all characters have our tone in the books... must be a result from translation. :D

He looks alot like Geralt in the series :) Which is quite good actually. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/File:Geralt_z_filmu.jpg

Eccer said:
He looks alot like Geralt in the series :) Which is quite good actually. http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/File:Geralt_z_filmu.jpg
Maybe they're combining TW version of geralt and the movie version? ???

CrossShire said:
CrossShire said:
I LOVE the Geralt in The Hexer series, but I've been told several times it's not Canon and even RED said they don't want The New Geralt to look anything like, in my opinion, the brilliant Zebrowski in his series performance. Ergo, they're more inclining towards their style of originality.The appearance you refer to as combining is only the logic we see to further the story. TW2 vs. The Hexer is way off. :peace:

56236 said:
56236 said:
56236 said:
I LOVE the Geralt in The Hexer series, but I've been told several times it's not Canon and even RED said they don't want The New Geralt to look anything like, in my opinion, the brilliant Zebrowski in his series performance. Ergo, they're more inclining towards their style of originality.The appearance you refer to as combining is only the logic we see to further the story. TW2 vs. The Hexer is way off. :peace:
The only difference that TW has against The Hexer is that Geralt is wearing the black witcher's armour But we get that either way before the end of TW.

i like this face

MythosEngineer said:
I do like how the new Geralt looks! The black stubble is odd though, but otherwise a great improvement!
Tell Blooddragon: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=26852.0

So, an update on the New Geralt. Well, not much of an update since they say nothings been changed since the leak visually. Bummer :whatthe:

Top Bottom