The ONE Thing that really bothers me in The Witcher 3 -

+
The ONE Thing that really bothers me in The Witcher 3 -

I must say, HoS made Wild Hunt a lot easier and B&W made everything even easier. Caretaker and Iris's Nightmare were done so easily I'm impressed. (always DM). Of course that being level 45, even with enemy upscaling on, using an awesome non-witcher set of heavy armor and weapon (seems I can take lots more dmg with them), plus some skill improvement as a player (after all, it IS 1870 hours of gameplay, on my 13th playthrough atm), might have everything to do with it being easier, plus the HoS/BAW changes in gameplay and character development, of course.

Only that I'm perfectly OK with all that. I really like the way the game plays now. What really bothers me is that since HoS came out, I cannot even start Isle of Mists before finishing Hearts of Stone and now, with B&S, I go for some of its feature before finishing HoS. And THE ONLY LOADING SCREEN CARTOON LEFT (until I go to Isle of Mists, which takes a really long time to happen) IS BLOODY DANDELION SAYING: "blah blah blah...Uma, the ugliest man alive and bearer of a curse...blah blah blah" and, before BAW, I could at least skip some of it by hitting space desperately while now it does not fade out until it is showed completely! (and drove me mad in the process!!!)

I looked everywhere for a mod that would make the loading screen plain as it is when we complete the MQ and continue playing (either in expansion or just playing it), but could not find none. Why on Earth has CDPR changed it? The skip/fade out loading screen cartoon? It has changed, right? Am I the only one forced to watch the same loading screen 1,000 times at least before I decide to go back to the MQ and do Isle of Mists? I finished BAW once before MQ, (prolly before Isle of Mists too). I might do it again this run. But even losing the "surprise finale" of it, I plan to finish BAW before the MQ thereafter because the game (each playthrough, I mean) loses all reason for me, once I complete the Main Quest, namely, Wild Hunt. I just cannot avoid it. (as I cannot avoid the other loading screen cartoons before finishing the MQ, which is OK 'cause once I'm back to the MQ, I go all the way and don't get 1,000 repetition of the same cartoon). I rather create a new Geralt, NG or NG+ as I play them in sequence and start over than keep playing after the MQ is done.

Please, please, please... which file must I delete in order to ERASE that particular "Uma, the ugliest man alive" loading screen cartoon?? THANKS!!!

Last edited:
You can disable game loading cartoons using this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/66/?

Thanks a lot!

That mod page says this one is a better version. Actually, it is. No .exe files or anything other than a mod folder to extract and paste in the proper game folder. (with options for disabling intro/storybook or only the storybook files, which is my case, easily undone too, if I wish)

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/816/?

And I guess I never knew the proper English for "boring Dandelion narrator cartoon intro", thus I could never find them mods. Storybook heh? =))

Top Bottom