Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I expected more from Lambert and Eskel when it came to Triss because clearly they have had more dealings with her in past games. Lambert even shows disdain for Triss by calling her by her surname lol. There was some good opportunity for some really great commentary/banter from them regarding a Triss/Geralt romance. They acknowledged Geralt's connection with Yen irrespective of romance choice.

I agree.
Thou I believe he cared about her - first mission on TW1 he sits next to her when she got hurt. It's just Lambert being Lambert.

Last edited:
Hardly, Phillipa was talking about the triangle between Geralt/Triss/Yen and how uncomfortable Ciri is about it. That's not an observation she can do when talking to either Yen or Triss - and I doubt they'll even open up to her in that regard.

But yeah, this whole conversation between Geralt and Phillipa kinda feels like a glass casing to a missing box. - Something nice to warp around the main-and-more-important thing that's aint there for some reason.

I was totally waiting for an opportunity to talk with Eskel and Lambert about Triss (even infront of Yen) but nothing! Just an off remark about her being tortured even thou I saved her.

Agree about your comment regarding the glass case feeling. The crown jewels within are missing.

Yep i screamed repeatedly at my monitor off Eskel/Lambert lack of reactivity to Triss romance especially after seeing the proper reactivity the same drinking scene had for a romanced Yen. Kaer Morhen section, from hell's heart i stab at thee.

Triss and Geralt relationship developed after Yen left amnesia Geralt. The relationship developed in the witcher 1 and 2 is just as important as the relationship developed in witcher 3. Triss is not trying to be Ciri mother or adopted mother but that doesn't mean that she cannot be with Geralt if the player choose to go that route. What everyone in this forum is saying is that if the player makes a decision in an RPG that decision should be acknolegldge

Ciri is also all grown up and has proven that she can handle herself quite capably. She doesn't need a mother or father figure to watch over her anymore. If Geralt chooses to be with Triss, the game should be respectful of that decision.

Ciri is also all grown up and has proven that she can handle herself quite capably. She doesn't need a mother or father figure to watch over her anymore. If Geralt chooses to be with Triss, the game should be respectful of that decision.

Thank you, my sentiments exactly.

Ciri's grown up. She can still have a motherly relationship with Yen and a fatherly one with Geralt even if they are separated. Triss should be just as true a possible choice as far as i'm concerned.

Agreed. I expected more from Lambert and Eskel when it came to Triss because clearly they have had more dealings with her in past games. Lambert even shows disdain for Triss by calling her by her surname lol. There was some good opportunity for some really great commentary/banter from them regarding a Triss/Geralt romance. They acknowledged Geralt's connection with Yen irrespective of romance choice.

And herein lies the problem. The biggest problem in my opinion. If you romance Yen, nothing changes and the game remains Yennefer centric. If you romance Triss, again, nothing (not much anyways) changes and the game remains pretty Yennefer centric. Or at least remains adamantly anti-Triss. Geralt, when it comes to Yennefer, even if broken up with her, remains ever subordinate. Like Eskel says, "You'd brave a fire for her and she plays you like a fiddle." Not my Geralt. Well, maybe. I mean I wouldn't want her to burn but she sure as hell isn't going to play me. If she wants something, she better have a good reason for it.

Doesn't Geralt at one point say:"I don't think Triss would like that". Does he also say that if you've romanced Yen?

Was that not a dialogue choice?
And it definitely is in the Philippa quest after she suggests you to take Yen away from Nilfgaard.

Last edited:
Doesn't Geralt at one point say:"I don't think Triss would like that". Does he also say that if you've romanced Yen?

Around when do you think he says this? I can try to find it but it's definitely not in the Phillipa quest.

Ciri's grown up. She can still have a motherly relationship with Yen and a fatherly one with Geralt even if they are separated. Triss should be just as true a possible choice as far as i'm concerned.

That's actually what I am trying to say. When she's young, a stable "family" relationship is important. Now that she is grown up she doesn't need that stability anymore. That's why Geralt should be free to pursue Triss, if he wants to. She can still maintain a relationship with both of them but it would have to be to a smaller extent than before. Which is likely to happen anyways as one grows up and start to fend for themselves more.

Was that not a dialogue choice?
I don't think so. I played it twice and he automaticly said it both times (romanced Triss both times).

Around when do you think he says this? I can try to find it but it's definitely not in the Phillipa quest.
I believe he says it after Phillipa mentions something about him leaving with Ciri through the backdoor -> Phillipa mentions Geralt should take Yen instead -> Geralt says:"I don't think Triss would like that". At least, something along those lines.

It's just one line, but still...

Hi everyone !

This is my first post on this forum and first of all, I want to tell you congratulations for this amazing thread and sorry for my poor english (I'm french) !
It's very nice to read constructive debates about this issue.
So you have my whole support !

There is just one thing I disagree or, at least, I didn't interpreted the way you did. It's about the famous kiss of Yen at Kaer Morhen.
It didn't shock me. It happens at a very specific time : when Ciri is brought back to Kaer Morhen, brought back to Yen, who is kind of her mother.
So my way to see things is :
- Yen kisses Geralt because she so happy to see that he brought back Ciri (and don't forget she's still in love with him).
- About Triss reaction, I kinda liked it. Triss knows it's not the time for this kind of explanation. Ciri is back. Triss knows as well that Yen was the former lover of Geralt (and in a way, she stole Geralt from her and she knows it). She knows as well that Yen is the mother of Ciri. And Yen was her friend. I think she understands Yen's reaction, even if she's not happy with it. And that's why she decides to keep low profile and not to make a scene.
Anyway, that's the way I understand it.

But apart from that specific point, I agree with you about everything else. ;)

Let's do it in French then for 2 minutes!
Depuis que je suis ici, j'ai déjà vu quelques français et on est quand même pas mal ! Je te souhaite la bienvenue au club et te remercie de supporter ce groupe, j'espère qu'avec le temps, on finira par avoir une réponse de CD Projekt. Pour le moment, ils ont du boulot avec les bugs en pagaille et les MàJ mais une fois que cela ce sera calmé, je pense qu'on aura de leur nouvelles, patience donc...
Sinon, tu peux aussi donner un like et commenté sur cette article sur Gameblog. Il est troisième cette semaine parmi les articles de blog, c'est plutôt pas mal ! Il est aussi bien classé sur google, j'espère que ça fera réagir toujours un peu plus de français aussi !
Sinon, je te souhaite de bien t'entendre avec les autres du fofo. Mise à part un ou deux troll qui passe par là de temps à autre, c'est très convivial et ont décortique pas mal de chose ;) Voilà, si tu veux parler du jeu en français, MP moi ;)

Agreed. This seem more plausible than Triss exclusive DLC. I also mentioned including Triss in some expansion material that is faithful to the material also presented. From a practical point of view, this makes the most sense for CDPR to do if they intend to address the Triss issue.

I agree.
One thing is certain, the way the game has been realized (an open world divided into large areas) allows to add regions and update the map. The best would be to create a DLC with the addition of Kovir on the map and a main quest including Triss and taking into account the end that everyone may have in choosing Triss.

Ahahaha didn't expect to see the silly picture I made on there. Nice.

"Well?"

From what we actually got, which is your favourite moment with Triss in W3? The party on the Vegelbud estate was a great quest with her and my personal favourite.

all of her scenes were great... only if there were more :(

I don't know.....sometimes I feel like we're asking for too much. After the ME 3 ending debacle, the perfect ending I got with Triss was a godsend. It was as if CDPR came and plucked that little bit of trauma from my brain and cast it aside. I just don't want to come across as never satisfied. I was displeased with the lack of Triss in Acts 2 and 3. I would so welcome some sort of solution to this, whether it be in the form of DLC or whatnot but....

It almost feels like we've been given the golden goose and we respond by asking why it's not made out of platinum. Is it wrong to ask for more Triss content at this juncture? There's always room for improvement I suppose...

I really thank you for your effort you put into this thread. I strongly support your request of adding more relevant Triss content in this game. I chose Triss over Yen as I just liked her personality a lot more. Sadly, after the romance scene in the lighthouse you hardly have any more content with Triss/Triss-romance induced consequences. There is the scene whit the well and of course the ending, but that's it. It was really disappointing. Although I absolutly love this game and I value CDPR's effort, but they could have done a tad better with the Triss storyline / Triss romance scenes. I would absolute appreciate it CDPR if chooses to add more Triss content via DLC/expansion.

Last edited:
From what we actually got, which is your favourite moment with Triss in W3? The party on the Vegelbud estate was a great quest with her and my personal favourite.
Triss getting tipsy, calling Geralt to follow her at the Vegelbud estate was a brilliant moment for me, probably the favorite, but she leaving and then returning before the lighthouse scene is very close, I really thought she was gone, and got bummed but the moment she returned...wow. Also I like the face she makes before telling Geralt she wants them to move to Kovir, she raises her upper lip slightly, kind of insecure of what will you say. Actually all Triss scenes are amazing.

Last edited:
I believe he says it after Phillipa mentions something about him leaving with Ciri through the backdoor -> Phillipa mentions Geralt should take Yen instead -> Geralt says:"I don't think Triss would like that". At least, something along those lines.

It's just one line, but still...

I did find it. Had to watch a few different clips to ensure that playthrough was a Triss one. It goes as such:

P "If I know you even one bit, I expect that once we've defeated the Wild Hunt, you aim to slip out the backdoor with Ciri... To disappear into the wilds, correct? All very romantic but perhaps instead of destroying the girl's life, you could take Yennefer with you. And go"
G "Triss might object."
P "Ah, yes. So give Yennefer some friendly advice, would you? She'll listen to you."
G "Any other words of wisdom? Or can we go?"

Not really anything and Geralt doesn't acknowledge the relationship between himself and Triss or himself and Yennefer. Standoffish reply to an otherwise legitimate concern.

Ahahaha didn't expect to see the silly picture I made on there. Nice.

"Well?"

id have to agree the vegel bud party really tugged at my feels, but kinda sum up how i feel after completing the game, acts2 and 3 kinda felt different to how act 1 played, dont get me wrong i loved the game.. it kinda felt like a sprint to the finish.. maybe thats just me. like someone wrote earlier after khaer morhen i kinda lost all interest in exploring not sure why, and its not just about triss either , i did choose her as my romance.. but i loved zoltan.. i dunno the pacing of the second half seems weird just not as much character interatcion imo..

ok thats my ramblings im not a forum poster usualy but tw3 kinda had me emotionally invested in its characters and i felt the need to speak i guess LOL

Last edited:
I did find it. Had to watch a few different clips to ensure that playthrough was a Triss one. It goes as such:

P "If I know you even one bit, I expect that once we've defeated the Wild Hunt, you aim to slip out the backdoor with Ciri... To disappear into the wilds, correct? All very romantic but perhaps instead of destroying the girl's life, you could take Yennefer with you. And go"
G "Triss might object."
P "Ah, yes. So give Yennefer some friendly advice, would you? She'll listen to you."
G "Any other words of wisdom? Or can we go?"

Not really anything and Geralt doesn't acknowledge the relationship between himself and Triss or himself and Yennefer. Standoffish reply to an otherwise legitimate concern.
Yea, a rather half assed reply. But should Geralt give price any information to Phillipa? I know I wouldn't.

I still really liked that whole sequence. It gave some much needed insight into the relation dynamic. Would've been nice if your buddies (Lambert-Eskel / Zoltan-Dendelion) had similar scenes. It's weird when a sorceress you don't even like (as a person) or know that well, can give you more insight into your relation than your friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom