Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think so? After the relevance Triss had on Witcher 1 and mostly Witcher 2, that the writers would just give up on her?
I kinda doubt it or i kinda don't want to believe in that either.
Anyway if that's so then i'd be extremely disappointed.

I honestly have no inside info but the other alternative is, CDPR just really F**Ked it up...and they don't strike me as the kind of people that makes as many 'mistakes' in the romance department as they have in this game. So, it was either going one direction and then they changed in mid-swing and THAT would explain the 'oops' we got OR they just screwed the pooch outright!

---------- Updated at 06:36 PM ----------

Im not sure if I wont agree here.

The reason is that I was watching almost every trailer for hundreds of times on their youtube channel.

Why would they show scenes between Geralt and Triss when Yen is the only person you can romance. That makes no sense to me.

On the other hand the first trailer including Triss was the "sword of destiny" one. So u could be right. Depending on what's their priority when creating the game.

Yeah, that kinda makes me wonder a little too...BUT, those early trailers could have been a "Fake left, GO right!" kinda deal. Maybe those trailers were intended to be 'flashbacks' or Geralt's memories, a sort of homage to TW1&2 ...but who knows! :)

Last edited:
Some folks, mostly from Team Yen, speculated that they thought there was maybe a rift in the writers this time around. Those that felt like TW1&2 had strayed a little too far from book canon. I think a single romanceable Yen would allow the story to focus on Yen-Geralt-Ciri...a more focused love interest closer to the books allowed them to concentrate on The Wild Hunt and Ciri's 'flash'backstory. I don't think that worked out as well as they had hoped and someone from marketing walked in and flip-his-bitty-wig!

Yea, something definitely happened, we can all speculate about what, but something DID happen. Because the flaws are way too big this time around.

In any case, if they wanted to put aside Triss they should have done it in a better way, first explaining what happened in those 6 months. But that's just me.

They neither put aside Triss like they should have nor give Triss character a respectable romance. Instead they did bad a bit of both options, instead of doing good one

I honestly have no inside info but the other alternative is, CDPR just really F**Ked it up...and they don't strike me as the kind of people that makes as many 'mistakes' in the romance department as they have in this game. So, it was either going one direction and then they changed in mid-swing and THAT would explain the 'oops' we got OR they just screwed the pooch outright!

Agreed. I have been saying this earlier in this thread as well. There is no proof to validate any speculation, but the way the game unfolds just screams indecisive-ness from the start.

Either they intended the game to have a stronger Yen-centered romance/story arch from the start that left Triss as the beloved lover who had her moment, or Triss content was not focused on because of other concerns in early development. Either she was considered as a serious romance option from the start or that was added later because some objected on grounds of Triss' popularity.

The game reflects the latter in this case because her arch is not even polished sequentially to make sense in the game. Insert all the observations made from most posters from the start of the thread here. The Now or Never quest is triggered in the beginning when the game hints it should come later. Her absence from Kaer Morhen only works if she was never sent there before Brothers in Arms. That is a sign that her material was some of the last added in the game and also worked on pre-release.

Last edited:
I stand by my assertions that the game's story was written without a romance choice, it's pretty easy to see if you look at the story and the flow of the game.

I read the thread: "The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3" , it's from 2013 and the guy who started it alluded to the fact that there was NOT going to be a choice between Yen and Triss:

I have been encouraged to make this thread by the most recent developer interview (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/08/designing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx), which asked us to voice our opinions if we wanted something to appear in TW3 really badly. So, here goes...

It is suggested in the gameinformer article that the choice between Triss and Yennefer in the upcoming game has already been decided for us. This startled me, because I believe that CDPR should leave the final choice up to us, the players.

I believe they may have changed their minds about not giving us a choice based on feedback like this, but that it came way to late for them to really change much about the main story and the flow of the game.

Some folks, mostly from Team Yen, speculated that they thought there was maybe a rift in the writers this time around. Those that felt like TW1&2 had strayed a little too far from book canon. I think a single romanceable Yen would allow the story to focus on Yen-Geralt-Ciri...a more focused love interest closer to the books allowed them to concentrate on The Wild Hunt and Ciri's 'flash'backstory. I don't think that worked out as well as they had hoped and someone from marketing walked in and flip-his-bitty-wig!

I think that's probably an accurate assessment. It really does seem like Witcher 3 was written first from the Yen-Geralt-Ciri point of view and then Triss was added on later, but in the rush to finish the ending they didn't completely finish putting enough Triss content in, especially in Act 3. I can only hope that there's a couple more Tress scenes or more dialogue, or a couple more quests hiding on the hard drives at CDPR, that are just waiting to be put in in the form of a DLC to make things complete.

Yea, something definitely happened, we can all speculate about what, but something DID happen. Because the flaws are way too big this time around.

In any case, if they wanted to put aside Triss they should have done it in a better way, first explaining what happened in those 6 months. But that's just me.

They neither put aside Triss like they should have nor give Triss character a respectable romance. Instead they did bad a bit of both options, instead of doing good one

Oh, I thought they did a GREAT job with the Triss 'romance rekindle' in Novigrad...but because they did SOOOO good, it made the parts where Triss SHOULD have been...just freaking SCREAM at the player it was so obvious!

But you know what...that whole thing could have been done like that as a finger in the eye of Geralt..."You dumped me remember? So go back to Yen...enjoy the rest of your days!"

I am getting pissed now thinking about it! HOW could something like KM or the lack of response to "The Kiss" have gotten through their QA team!?!?!? ARRRRrrrrgh!!!!

Last edited:
I think it's good that CDPR introduces Yen right from the start of TW3, but then removing her from the game until you reach lvl 16 and head to Skellige was really not a smart idea, especially not considering you can spend plenty of time with Triss before you reach Skellige. Heck you can even complete her entire side-story before you reach lvl 16. Then you have to choose whether you want to romance Triss or not before you've even seen Yen for a 2nd time! Obviously many people romance Triss at that point and then head to Skellige.

At Skellige you FINALLY get to meet Yen and build your romance with her there. Some people might like Yen and romance her as well, thinking they'll be able to break up with Triss or sort things out later. Nope, not gonna happen! You won't ever see Triss until it's already too late and you're already locked into the threesome ending in which both ladies dumped you.

My conspiracy theory tinfoil hat thinks CDPR wants people to run into the threesome/ forever alone ending their first time through! New players will think they will have the opportunity to make a choice later in the story, not realizing they've already doomed themselves! Similar thing with Ciri- it would be very easy to walk into her sad ending on the first playthrough!

I stand by my assertions that the game's story was written without a romance choice, it's pretty easy to see if you look at the story and the flow of the game.

I read the thread: "The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3" , it's from 2013 and the guy who started it alluded to the fact that there was NOT going to be a choice between Yen and Triss:

I believe they may have changed their minds about not giving us a choice based on feedback like this, but that it came way to late for them to really change much about the main story and the flow of the game.

Well, now ain't that some s**t!!!

Either she was considered as a serious romance option from the start or that was added later because some objected on grounds of Triss' popularity.

I believe that is the case. Since i dont think cd red woud intentionally f*cked up triss romance IF her romance was a serious focus in the development

Last edited:

Could you imagine the uproar there would have been if it was left like that, with no romance choice at all? I'm guessing there would have been quite a bit of outrage.

That said, from 2013 on it seems like they wanted to make sure Yennifer got done first, Triss was added on later but in the rush to get the ending done the Triss content didn't get completely finished. In fact in Act 3, Yen could use more content too.

I have faith that something more will get put in though.

Will be a long trip to complete Velen and Skellige first. But if you managed it before getting killed cuz of the desire to see Triss.. tell us if it feels better/worst ;)

I can't take this anymore, the wait to see Triss is almost unbearable. This is torture. I will let you know after if it feel better or worse. Right now I can honestly say the wait is excruciating.

it made the parts where Triss SHOULD have been...just freaking SCREAM at the player it was so obvious!

I am getting pissed now thinking about it! HOW could something like KM or the lack of response to "The Kiss" have gotten through their QA team!?!?!? ARRRRrrrrgh!!!!

That is precisely what i was talking about :)

You really think so? After the relevance Triss had on Witcher 1 and mostly Witcher 2, that the writers would just give up on her?
I kinda doubt it or i kinda don't want to believe in that either.
Anyway if that's so then i'd be extremely disappointed.

i never played witcher 1 i don't have a pc and i kinda picked witcher 2 up out of sheer boredom ( don't hate me) on the xbox 360.. triss never really felt like huge love interest though witcher 2 ( to me ) sure she felt like geralts girl and my object felt like i was going to save here come hell or high water but i could have a fling with at least 3-4 other characters to my knowledge other than triss on my way to rescuing triss.. but i never finished witcher 2 till after my 3rd play through of witcher 3 but even by that time triss still felt like a familiar more loveable character to me than yen!!
i have to believe like I've said they firstly underestimated the familiarity and longing ppl had for more triss in witcher 3 mid swing on the game and thought hmm we better do something to fix this!!

I can't take this anymore, the wait to see Triss is almost unbearable. This is torture. I will let you know after if it feel better or worse. Right now I can honestly say the wait is excruciating.

It's excruciating for me too, being here stuck in Velen. However it's not so bad considering I've seen all the scenes before. It'd be worse if I didn't know what scenes were coming like the first time around.

My conspiracy theory tinfoil hat thinks CDPR wants people to run into the threesome/ forever alone ending their first time through! New players will think they will have the opportunity to make a choice later in the story, not realizing they've already doomed themselves! Similar thing with Ciri- it would be very easy to walk into her sad ending on the first playthrough!

I agree! Lend me your tinfoil hat please? Nice...comfy!

CDPR MIGHT have wanted to give us the worst case endings SO we would try and run it again to get a better ending...

Here's your hat! OUCH!!! for a moment...we were BOTH exposed! Or, wait...that was just me exposing myself! :whip:

Could you imagine the uproar there would have been if it was left like that, with no romance choice at all? I'm guessing there would have been quite a bit of outrage.

That said, from 2013 on it seems like they wanted to make sure Yennifer got done first, Triss was added on later but in the rush to get the ending done the Triss content didn't get completely finished. In fact in Act 3, Yen could use more content too.

Act 3 seems more rushed out in many aspects than the other 2 acts, not just yen and triss. The nilfgaardian camp in the last battle is the most "empty" place in the game, if you know what i mean

That's the thing that really reveals the fact that the game was created without a choice. There is no way for anyone new to the witcher games to make an informed final decision on who to romance, you are forced to make that decision at the docks in Novigrad before ever really seeing much of Yennefer while having spent a lot of time with Triss already.
It makes absolutley no sense to put the choice there at the docks UNLESS that was the end for Triss in the game they made without a choice, so they shoehorn a choice into that scene by making her come back after she walks away if you tell her you love her, but nothing makes any sense storywise after that because she was never supposed to come back until Yennefer asked her to.

Meanwhile all the NPC's are constantly alluding to the fact that your still with Yennefer even though your not. They just did not have time to put a Triss romance choice into the game the way it should have been put in so they did something they rarely do, they roughed it in without doing it right.

I think they underestimated how much work would go in the game. The same thing that happened in The Witcher 2... Biting more than they can chew... Of course, the game IS amazing. But some edges were left obviously very rough in the later game.

I think they underestimated how much work would go in the game. The same thing that happened in The Witcher 2... Biting more than they can chew... Of course, the game IS amazing. But some edges were left obviously very rough in the later game.

But i never played a game with so many dense branch stories. In my first playtrough when i choose both i was expecting to see a catfight, but this never happened, would be nice a catfight, both in a pool with swimsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom