The (Unconfirmed) Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The (Unconfirmed) Downgrade

Let me just be clear, I am a huge Witcher fan. I first got into the universe from the Witcher 2, where I have sunk over 200 hours in 3 separate complete playthroughs and sits as my all time favourite game. This led me to go back and play the first games and even read some of the books (As a guy that doesn't read books all that often).

What I am bringing up today isn't something that hasn't been talked about before, however in light of recent news, I can't stay idle with out getting more information especially from the people in charge of the game. What I mean by recent news is the following http://whatifgaming.com/developer-i...-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why . Now I'll be the first to point out that there is no reason to 100% believe what was said here, and would love for this to be the case.

This is essentially what was said:

View attachment 14015

I would also bring your attention to pictures like the following:
http://image-cache.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEwNjM0MjU7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiI3NjA1NzllOWQ3ODU0Y2ZjZTZjZjQ5MDQ2ODVmYzcxM2E1NTk0Yzc5Ijt9

Why I'm I posting this? Well I'm sincerely hoping this isn't true and that the consoles have not yet again set back the potential of this game like it has others. What I am hoping is the following. If there is in fact no downgrade, why not settle this once and forall and have some dev come out and prove to us that no such thing has happened. Not with just some ''There's no downgrade'' but with something like a comparison between the then and now. That would make me feel much better about my favourite game company and my favourite game, but if they want to lie to me, I will significantly disappointed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 4acVAk8.jpg
    4acVAk8.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 63
While changes happened, that article you linked (whatifgaming) is BS IMO, so they contacted leaker from The Division dev studio (Massive entertainment) and he contacted leaker from CDPR, really? And you really believe that a dev from CDPR would risk something like this when his work and sallary depends on success of this game? I call BS..

Another thing: I spoke about this with some people who actually know something about graphics, even they say this article is full of nonsense... the last point stands out the most, because those blood splatters were actually runing on XBONE in E3 2014 presentation. Real time reflections in the water are still in, even on console versions, and they look just as they looked back in 2013..

Last edited:
ffs, enough with the downgrade thread. This is the 6785434th time this "insider" thing have been posted

Have they been removing the threads? I used the search function on the forum and found no mention of anything using the keyword ''Downgrade'' of this particular news post. Sorry if this particular post was done before.

While changes happened, that article you linked (whatifgaming) is BS IMO, so they contacted leaker from The Division dev studio (Massive entertainment) and he contacted leaker from CDPR, really? And you really believe that a dev from CDPR would risk something like this when his work and sallary depends on success of this game? I call BS..

Thats what u get if u make a promise and then make something else its no bullshit its real.
If i would choose for allot of money or satisfied a allot of pc gamers, i choosed the lesser evil just saying.

Have they been removing the threads? I used the search function on the forum and found no mention of anything using the keyword ''Downgrade'' of this particular news post. Sorry if this particular post was done before.

yes, moderators deleted lots of them and this one will be no different

Sigh... Is it really that bad anyway?

I mean, if it's anything like the picture (Which I hope to god is not) then yes. I'm pretty sure my Witcher 2 looked better then that comparison.
(This pic http://image-cache.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEwNjM0MjU7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiI3NjA1NzllOWQ3ODU0Y2ZjZTZjZjQ5MDQ2ODVmYzcxM2E1NTk0Yzc5Ijt9 )

---------- Updated at 07:45 PM ----------

yes, moderators deleted lots of them and this one will be no different

Well that's just dishonest. They should at least have 1 main thread where all other spin-off threads and merged into.

Yes, we've closed/deleted downgrade threads because after 600+ pages spanning across 3-4 threads and same things being repeated over and over again along with fighting it's simply too much and a lot of forum rules had been broken or bent, our job is to make sure they don't. Everyone has said their piece and there's nothing new to add.

This thread is going too, but before it does, let me just say why exactly are you believing BS rumours from some completely random website? They've literally copy-pasted things people are 'worried' over from the 2013 "Nvidia Effects" video. Reflections are still there, Ambient Occlusion is still there. It's extremely evident! The person who made that has ZERO idea about the tech they're talking about, just taking names and taking everyone for a wild ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom