The Vladimír Vilimovský UI Project

+

Guest 3841499

Lim3zer0;n10732091 said:
You completely miss the point.
Its not easy or quick to do that, adding mods like MQS or AQOOM, basically means that i have to make the panels that overlap twice, and I simply do not want to do that.

With MQS the panels that overlap are inv, radial, hud.
Just talking about one: the inventory has been one of the most complex panels to work on and it has taken a long time to get to the stage where it is now, if you think I'm gonna make a new panel just for 1 mod compatibility then no.
You severely underestimate the effort that has to go into changing the UI to this degree.

I don't... I am thinking about it from my own perspective. For example, from the start, I wanted my mod to be compatible with some of the better and frequently-used mods that would be in conflict with it, which is why I reached out to all the appropriate parties, asked if I could build my mod using their modded files (purely for compatibility, not due to use/reliance of modded features), and proceeded to build the mod that way. Sure, some people won't be pleased because not everyone likes Ghost Mode, for example, but that is why there will at least be a Lite version.

Given the popularity of current UI-enhancing mods (purely due to their functionality as they offer no true graphical improvement), I bet there's going to be a rather large population of people thinking "Now I have to pick between eye candy or functionality... Screwed either way...". And although having choices is better than having them, sometimes the differences between choices are so great and yet each one is so important to have that one is left with a rather semi-grim state of mind... (aka "screwed either way..."). But none of what I said means I don't appreciate the epic amount of work HUD mods demand or understand the difficulty of the situation. I guess my hopes are now for a "Lite" version... new icons here there, a background... something? From E3 HUD I kept the loot notification and the loading screens, so I hope I can keep something from this UI too :D.

BTW, what software do you recommend for editing REDSWF files?

MonarchX;n10734321 said:
I don't... I am thinking about it from my own perspective. For example, from the start, I wanted my mod to be compatible with some of the better and frequently-used mods that would be in conflict with it, which is why I reached out to all the appropriate parties, asked if I could build my mod using their modded files (purely for compatibility, not due to use/reliance of modded features), and proceeded to build the mod that way. Sure, some people won't be pleased because not everyone likes Ghost Mode, for example, but that is why there will at least be a Lite version.

Ok. maybe i wasn't entirely correct to say you completely missed the point, but you have just gone on to describe what i can't do, and then what i am unwilling to do.
If I build up the UI around other people's modded swfs like AQOOM and MQS etc.. then i will lock players into those mods, which they might not want. and if not then I lock players out who want those mods. There is no middle ground which falls under 'purely for compatibility'. It's either one or the other, and i'm not doing both.

Whilst it sounds harsh I will not be including any other mods' features when this mod in released. It's gonna be vanilla UI functionality, that just looks different.
If other people want to make compatibility patches then by all means, I personally won't bother.

MonarchX;n10734321 said:
Given the popularity of current UI-enhancing mods (purely due to their functionality as they offer no true graphical improvement), I bet there's going to be a rather large population of people thinking "Now I have to pick between eye candy or functionality... Screwed either way...". And although having choices is better than having them, sometimes the differences between choices are so great and yet each one is so important to have that one is left with a rather semi-grim state of mind... (aka "screwed either way..."). But none of what I said means I don't appreciate the epic amount of work HUD mods demand or understand the difficulty of the situation. I guess my hopes are now for a "Lite" version... new icons here there, a background... something? From E3 HUD I kept the loot notification and the loading screens, so I hope I can keep something from this UI too .

MonarchX;n10734321 said:
BTW, what software do you recommend for editing REDSWF files?

I don't disagree with the first part of that paragraph, some people can't have the best of both worlds, and that sucks for them. Seen that already with E3 UI. In the end people are gonna a have to make that choice.

I don't see what the point of a lite version is for this mod, that just boils down to limited icon changes (skill icons basically), background changes, and that's it. and whilst that is super easy, I'm not gonna do it because I don't have to, anybody can just unpack the mod, find the files and repack some of the textures. If they want to upload it then they just ask me and i'll most likely say yes.

I find it a little strange that you say you appreciate the work that goes into UI and HUD mods, yet you also ask me what software is needed to do so, because that is the problem.
I use JPEXS flash decompiler and it is exactly the reason why it is so difficult and time consuming. Whilst it allows me to do pretty much everything you see It's an incredibly annoying program to work with, with limited functionality compared to what you theoretically should be able to do.
I would recommend you download the tool and play around with editing some parts of swfs for yourself.(Extract the swfRsource from the .redswf file with w3edit or wolvenkit ans open that .swf file with JPEXS)
BWGameplays;n10734191 said:
As always, incredible job! Do you also plan to mod the UI? Or maybe the world map following TW2 artstyle?

Do you mean "Do you also plan to mod the HUD?" ?
If so, then maybe. Edits have already been made to the HUD but not by me.

Haven't really thought about the map. Unlikely we will make it exactly in the style of Vladimir's concept.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Eww... That software also requires JAVA... I remember there was a different program that could be used, but it was not free. Would you, by chance, know the name of it?

Yeah, sorry, I meant HUD...I really like the healthbar and all the dialogs icons (included the fact that he used capital letters for those) the price panel that shows up on contract quests...Is there also any chance that you could borrow something from E3HUD mod like the meditation panel since apparently they share the same design/function/idea? Or maybe the textures that your team made for the maps/mini-maps of the regions! If I understand correctly you will try to replicate the world map from Vladimír's project but not regions' maps because they're too different from vanilla and you should make those from scratch(wich is an awful amount of work, and I totally understand)... But this could be a good idea to revamp even the maps without losing time!

MonarchX;n10742361 said:
Eww... That software also requires JAVA... I remember there was a different program that could be used, but it was not free. Would you, by chance, know the name of it?

Nope, that is the best software you'll find for this stuff afaik.

Only one part of this mod takes such a lot time. If people now compare the effort with the whole game and all its features and complexity they might start to understand why there are sometimes delays regarding the Release date of a game. Or why there is no Patch that fixes all their Bugs and Problems within 2 weeks...

sometimes it feels like some people think those devs and people modding are freakin magicians lol. There are limits and the game can still be enjoyable without some small mods if a gerater one like this has a lot more Impact to the game experience :)

Anyway great Screenshots so far! Looks super amazing!
​​​

NeonixZmatrix;n10861811 said:
Looks nice! Just some questions tho, how will the meditation screen look like? And will you maybe add a preparation screen?

The meditation screen will look like the concept.
Why would I add the preparation screen?

EDIT:

This is current work on meditation, just so you get an idea:
(It's still very much WIP)

Last edited:
Might be WIP, but let me say that it's also wonderful!
How are you going to manage the icon on the right? I mean, it has some writings like "meditate until" and "current time" and the time itself... Will you add it or leave like this?
If you're going to keep like this I think you could make the clock and the sun/moon icon bigger in order to have a better use of the unoccupied space!
Keep it up!

Top Bottom