The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
If CDprojekt RED will create a user friendly moding engine that doesn't require mod baking, thing will look different.
As an example if a moder like to add a chest to the game a mere 1 mb mod will take 1-3gb due to the required mod baking.
I hope that thy will create a better engine for the next game.
Read the quoted post. 100% true.
Also good exporting/importing tools fast and fluent.

There would be some profit actually, making Witcher 1 run on consoles would be quite a profit deal especially if major technical issues are resolved there. Bringing TW2 to next gen should not be too hard, no point in remaking it though in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the first Witcher released on consoles, though from what I recall playing it the combat would require some significant retooling for a controller.

My opinion on this is kind of divided;

On one hand i would definitely love to see a remastered edition of at least The Witcher 1, and maybe even of The WItcher 2 aswell(with a proper PC UI and HUD). Other game companies have done such a thing with tittles such as Tom Raider, Resident Evil, Monkey Island, Halo, and even Metro 2030 and Last Light are getting a redux edition pretty soon. I think that if done right(not some fast and cheap cash steal), it would bring lots of new fans to the series as well as give exiting fans some new joy!

On the other hand, i believe that right now is not the right moment for such a thing, focus should remain on The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk . But on a not so far future, like maybe on 3 years for the 10th anniversary of The WItcher, sure go for it!

Last edited:
My opinion on this is kind of divided;

On one hand i would definitely love to see a remastered edition of at least The Witcher 1, and maybe even of The WItcher 2 aswell(with a proper PC UI and HUD). Other game companies have done such a thing with tittles such as Tom Raider, Resident Evil, Monkey Island, Halo, and even Metro 2030 and Last Light are getting a redux edition pretty soon. I think that if done right(not some fast and cheap cash steal), it would bring lots of new fans to the series as well as give exiting fans some new joy!

On the other hand, i believe that right now is not the right moment for such a thing, focus should remain on The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk . But on a not so far future, like maybe on 3 years for the 10th anniversary of The WItcher, sure go for it!

Do you really want to compare the graphics of the first tomb raider to the witcher? Graphics aside, I watches a great youtube vid that compare the first tomb raider to anniversary and content wise the first was better in many aspect but gameplay wise anniversary is better. I am certain that CDprojekt red will never cut corners and create a diluted experience, this is why i prefer that thy will go forward and create a new excellent title then "waste" their time on an older IP which is incredible by itself. All thy need to do is create a good moding engine that will let the moders expend the game to horizons never perceived by the developer and recreate older titles. In my opinion a collaboration between the moding community and CDproject red can be great.

Last edited:
Agreed. If CDProject were to release some special kits that would make modding, porting, and creating much easier.. Kind of like what Bethesda did with Skyrim.

The modding would definitely be have to be an easy, simplistic process. Should be able to make a TW1 crypt in probably 30 minutes, hopefully.

A man can only dream but it certainly would be kinda cool if CD Project suddenly decided to
make an exclusive contract with Sony or something and would release Witcher 1

(upgraded a little if possible) and Witcher 2 (not downgraded so much as the 360 version of course) as
digital games at Playstation Store for PS4 before releasing Witcher 3 into the sunshine. It would be hilarious
slap in the face to Microsoft and CD Project could make tons of extra money if all would go well.

Ah well, just a quick fantasy of the future. A man can only dream....
:huh:

Last edited:
A man can only dream but it certainly would be kinda cool if CD Project suddenly decided to
make an exclusive contract with Sony or something and would release Witcher 1

(upgraded a little if possible) and Witcher 2 (not downgraded so much as the 360 version of course) as
digital games at Playstation Store for PS4 before releasing Witcher 3 into the sunshine. It would be hilarious
slap in the face to Microsoft and CD Project could make tons of extra money if all would go well.

Ah well, just a quick fantasy of the future. A man can only dream....
:huh:

I can't understand this egoistic way of thinkink. If I have PS4, sure I want games to come out on PS4, but if it comes to other platforms too is none of my bussiness unless I have a friend with that other platform who could play it. Why the hell. why does anyone want to have something exclusively. The more players can play the came the better.

We're lucky that CRPD does not think this way. I hope.

I can't understand this egoistic way of thinkink. If I have PS4, sure I want games to come out on PS4, but if it comes to other platforms too is none of my bussiness unless I have a friend with that other platform who could play it. Why the hell. why does anyone want to have something exclusively. The more players can play the came the better.

We're lucky that CRPD does not think this way. I hope.

you my friend, are very wise. I too do not understand this console war. why would one gamer want to deprive another of an experience solely for being on a different platform?

I wasnt trying to be egoistic in my little fantasy and I would welcome an entriely open remake of previous witchers to all console players.
I just wanted to express my mild disdain to microsoft and how it was dull when witcher 2 was xbox exclusive. Thats all.

I just want to make loud and clear: I am not a console war fanboy and I hope I never will be.
There, glad I got that out of my heart.
View attachment 4600

Attachments

• BillClintonLewinsky.jpg
    BillClintonLewinsky.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 81
I wasnt trying to be egoistic in my little fantasy and I would welcome an entriely open remake of previous witchers to all console players.
I just wanted to express my mild disdain to microsoft and how it was dull when witcher 2 was xbox exclusive. Thats all.

I just want to make loud and clear: I am not a console war fanboy and I hope I never will be.
There, glad I got that out of my heart.
View attachment 4600

Ok man. Sorry if I have offended you.

No need to apologize. I understand your irritation behind your rebuke. There is indeed not many more annoying things than console war participants yelling mindlessly across the internet.

@Benzenzimmern: the problem is that the redkit is so unintuitive and so hard to comprehend that it is mindboggling. there are some design choices that feels wrong.
like the need to bake the map,something that bloat the mod and prevent mod compatibility.
Everything need spawning entities, why cant i place the NPC/animal/enemy that i want on the map, and add the required behavior to the NPC/animal/enemy?
Placing enemies on the map can be optional to the one present on the redkit.
Why do i need 3 party program in order to add music? Too many options in the Environment Lighting, creating good lighting might take hours. and so on.
But there are some great features like painting grass, pathing (can be annoying at times, when geralt walk underground).
if the redkit would have been more intuitive and user friendly we could have seen a lot more witcher 2 mods. i made an adventure mod and left it after a month of work,i accidentally deleted it when i formatted my comp.
Another thing is that cdprojekt red need to update it a lot more often, if i recall correctly thy promised an update more then 7 months ago.

Any chance we can get the trilogy for xbox one/ps4?

I just watched the redband trilor for the witcher the wildhunt i own the witcher 1&2 on pc but sadly my pc dos not have snowballs chance in hell of runing the wildhunt as i have limted budget and can not afford to build monster rig to run the witcher 3 am looking at a xbox one or ps4 but yea any chance of geting trilogy on those systems?

@Benzenzimmern: the problem is that the redkit is so unintuitive and so hard to comprehend that it is mindboggling. there are some design choices that feels wrong.
like the need to bake the map,something that bloat the mod and prevent mod compatibility.
Everything need spawning entities, why cant i place the NPC/animal/enemy that i want on the map, and add the required behavior to the NPC/animal/enemy?
Placing enemies on the map can be optional to the one present on the redkit.
Why do i need 3 party program in order to add music? Too many options in the Environment Lighting, creating good lighting might take hours. and so on.
But there are some great features like painting grass, pathing (can be annoying at times, when geralt walk underground).
if the redkit would have been more intuitive and user friendly we could have seen a lot more witcher 2 mods. i made an adventure mod and left it after a month of work,i accidentally deleted it when i formatted my comp.
Another thing is that cdprojekt red need to update it a lot more often, if i recall correctly thy promised an update more then 7 months ago.

I agreed. They should really focus on the redkit right after release, making sure that it's one of the best modding tools with lots of tutorials. Because free endgame content by modders is something you don't want to miss in an open-world game. Imagine if fans created two new continents with story/content and gameplay updates after release. People who are late to the game, now have an even greater incentive to buy the game because of its massive size and refined gameplay.

This way they can give the fans the option to create the endgame content while they focus on Cyberpunk.

If they allocate enough time for the tool, I won't doubt them creating a great intuitive and powerful tool. The Witcher 3 will be great and they should continue to support the game with updates and new content because the visuals and new content will keep it going for years. This will only be possible if the right tool is there.

Top Bottom