The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
They tried porting the original Witcher 1 to Xbox360 and PS3, but that fell through for other reasons. As far as I am aware, they've never tried remaking The Witcher 1 from the ground up in a new game engine.

About TW1 consoles failure: http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_White_Wolf

It was supposed to be a new engine:

While featuring the same narrative as The Witcher computer game, based on the book series of the same name by author Andrzej Sapkowski, it would use a new engine, created in cooperation with Widescreen Games, and a new action-based combat system.

Last edited:
@Gilrond-i-Virdan Mmmmkay. But it still wasn't the new engine that caused the failure. It was due to lack of funds and issues with Widescreen Games. So hypothetically, a remake of The Witcher 1 isn't out of the question.

Personally, I'd be satisfied if they remade it in The Witcher 3's engine with improved combat, character progression, and controls.

Yeah, it was a problem with outsourcing, but they also realized that making a new engine was better to combine with TW2 rather than with recreating TW1. Recreating the game of that size is a lot of work, and it rather should go into making new games.

Yeah, it was a problem with outsourcing, but they also realized that making a new engine was better to combine with TW2 rather than with recreating TW1. Recreating the game of that size is a lot of work, and it rather should go into making new games.

And that was my point. TBH as much as I'd like a new upgraded Witcher or even a Witcher 4 I'd rather they focus on Cyberpunk 2077. *runs*:innocent:

Are Witcher 1 and 2 Definitive Additions a Possibility?

Do you think there is a possibility that Witcher 1 and/or Witcher 2 receive a definitive addition or port to new generation consoles? I honestly doubt it, but as someone who is unable to play the previous games due to not having a decent PC or Xbox, I can only dream.

CDPR is still a relatively small studio so I don't see them doing this, they have too much on their hands right now what with Witcher 3 support, expansions and Cyberpunk. Shit out of luck, I'm guessing you have a Playstation? If you had a Xbox One you could play Witcher 2 eventually what with backwards compatibility.

CDPR is still a relatively small studio so I don't see them doing this, they have too much on their hands right now what with Witcher 3 support, expansions and Cyberpunk. Shit out of luck, I'm guessing you have a Playstation? If you had a Xbox One you could play Witcher 2 eventually what with backwards compatibility.

They can hire a third party and give them all the audio recordings, etc.

This isn't the best way, but it might be the only way to play Witcher 1 with an upgraded combat system and graphics.

@Benzenzimmern: the problem is that the redkit is so unintuitive and so hard to comprehend that it is mindboggling. there are some design choices that feels wrong.
like the need to bake the map,something that bloat the mod and prevent mod compatibility.
Everything need spawning entities, why cant i place the NPC/animal/enemy that i want on the map, and add the required behavior to the NPC/animal/enemy?
Placing enemies on the map can be optional to the one present on the redkit.
Why do i need 3 party program in order to add music? Too many options in the Environment Lighting, creating good lighting might take hours. and so on.
But there are some great features like painting grass, pathing (can be annoying at times, when geralt walk underground).
if the redkit would have been more intuitive and user friendly we could have seen a lot more witcher 2 mods. i made an adventure mod and left it after a month of work,i accidentally deleted it when i formatted my comp.
Another thing is that cdprojekt red need to update it a lot more often, if i recall correctly thy promised an update more then 7 months ago.

that is one tall order.

It would have to be done by modders. I think that TW1 would be the main project as TW2 still looks amazing as is.

CDPR would need to do the following:
#1. Release RedKit for TW3
#2. Make RedKit user friendly.
#3. Release the assets for TW1. Mainly the audio files (player models and such would be extremely outdated). I'm not sure if they can all be ripped from the stock game, but it would be helpful.
#4. Find some talented modders who are up for the project.

For monsters, many of them are already in TW3 (even if they aren't 100% the same looking), so those assets can easily be used. Some of the characters are also in the game, so that's also time saved.

BTW, I thought this thread was about a remake in general. As a PC mod of TW1 on TW3's engine would be amazing.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the Witcher 2 brought over to Red Engine 3, with the character models (particularly the faces) from Wild Hunt. Maybe the modders will take this on at some point?

I was hoping for TW1 to be ported over to the XBox360, but that never happened. So I'd be extremely surprised if it and TW2 were updated with the current engine, for play on the current generation of consoles. But we can always hope and pray, right?

Never had the opportunity to play the W1 as I've never been a pc gamer but would love the chance to play it remastered.

one could easily remake assasins of kings since it's short and the characters are pretty much the same of the witcher 3 , expect saskia and iorveth

Have to say I would love to be able to play Witcher 1 & 2 on my PS4, would be great to be able to play all three games on the same system. I am sure all the fans they gained on the PlayStation would buy the first two games.

I bought the first two for PC but my ancient computer never liked playing 2 and now I just have an old second-hand laptop so no hope of ever playing 2 on that, not even sure if it would play the first one...

Top Bottom