The Witcher 3 easter egg referring to Cyberpunk 2077

+

Forum veteran
Egads! I see a Pony!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wellup. Edited some posts.

Nothing flamewar, please.

Tramp, lighten up about definitions and frankly, stop lecturing.

227, don't tease Tramp.

IS MY WORK DONE?

Kinda hope so.

Forum veteran
Nothing flamewar, please.
I didn't see the response, but I thought it was kind of civil up to that point. AND YOU DELETED MY EXAMPLE OF MASS EFFECT AND BALDUR'S GATE WHICH WAS TOTALLY SOLID YOU BASTARD.

It's frightening how good you've become at finding pony gifs, by the way.

It's frightening how good you've become at finding pony gifs, by the way.

It has become both eerie and discomfiting to me. On the bright side, I still don't know who is who, except I -think- the pink one is Pie?

Forum veteran
If the sudden ponification of posts leads to becoming a brony, then that ship sailed well before this topic ever existed. I surely hold the record for most Sard pony-insertions endured by a single member.

It hurt at first, but I'm pretty much used to it now.

So do you think Ciri will be in Cyberpunk 2077 as a cameo or Easter egg?

Naturally, those who play the Witcher games and read the novels know that Ciri can travel between worlds.

In TW3, there is one part where she relates her story to Geralt, and in it she mentions something interesting. Without divulging into spoilers, it seemed like what she insinuated could well be the world of Cyberpunk 2077.

What at are your thoughts on this? Do you think we will see a Ciri cameo or Easter egg in 2077?

“People there had metal in their heads.
Sounds like cyberware to me.

Waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes.”
Sounds like hacking to me.

And there were no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead.”
Flying cars for sure.

CP2077 Easter Egg for certain. I see no other reason why CDPR would include such a reference, regardless of wether or not it is part of the lore.

I would like to see a Ciri cameo in Cyberpunk, but it should be done ambigious.
I wouldn't want to see Witcher 3 Ciri arriving out of nowhere using magic.
Make it vague, make it interpretable.
Don't let her appear in her Witcher 3 clothes with a sword on her back.
Change her appearance, so she is still recognizable, but doesn't look like we know her from Witcher 3.
A different haistyle, different hair colour, different clothes, a slighty different name.
Let us talk to her but avoid anything that may break the mood or the lore of Cyberpunk.
Don't let her say that she is from "another world", but from a "place far away".
Don't let her say that she can" teleport", but that she has just "special abilities".

Maybe we could get a small mission with her. But again, keep it vague.
She is fleeing, the Wild Hunt is after her. But don't mention the Wild Hunt or even show them. Just show some shadows. Let our protagonist think some random (Cyberpunk) thugs chase some random girl. Maybe let us hear a voice similar to Eredin out of these shadows, but without our protagonist knowing whose voice we hear.
Give us a small mission in which we help her. Something banal, like helping her to find a shelter or food because she didn't eat for days.

If done right everybody could interpret it in a way how it pleases him/her.
The people who don't like mixing the universes or introducing magic or even don't know who Ciri is, would just see some random young woman in her.
Others would get a nice cameo from a important and likeable character.

Last edited:
The Ciri/Witcher cameos can be done quite easily, as advertisement of something in the cyberpunk world, an ad for Witcher MMORPG for example that is coming out in 2077 or something like that.

I would like to see a Ciri cameo in Cyberpunk, but it should be done ambigious.
I wouldn't want to see Witcher 3 Ciri arriving out of nowhere using magic.
Make it vague, make it interpretable.
Don't let her appear in her Witcher 3 clothes with a sword on her back.
Change her appearance, so she is still recognizable, but doesn't look like we know her from Witcher 3.
A different haistyle, different hair colour, different clothes, a slighty different name.

You have to sneak in a corporate labs to steal a new nanotech, it's in bunker N° XXXXX, but, you've still time, so you explore around and find a female guinea pig, with a text on the door "Subject N°5435245 - Brain Studies - Unexplained telekinethic powers" (or something like this), with a text on the medical thing saying that they get her in the wasteland, think she's a nomad, she said nothing, she used things never seen before and they think it would be because of some brain mutations caused by toxic waste in the wasteland, causing some kind of telekinetic power or something.
Then you free ciri, she tells you her blablabla and disapear.

It could works like this, it would be in the mood and would be believable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom