The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
It seems the DLC has been pushed back as well (which makes sense).

Taken from GOG.

NOT THE DLC!!! :sad: (btw congratulations on becoming a mod)

In all seriousness regarding this delay it doesn't bother me, it just gives me more time to replay the first two games now that I have a working PC again.

Moderator: Posts made solely to dispute forum moderation are against forum rules and will be deleted without notice. Members who persist in public disputes over moderation will have action taken against their accounts. If you have something to say concerning a moderator's actions, you may express it via PM or keep your silence; there are no other choices.

Perhaps you have a better idea .......

Yes the bean counters are doing a great job with the gaming industry. The bean counters determine both what games are released and what games are even allowed to be developed.

Direct support by end level gamers are the only possible solution out of our current mess. Any company that isn't independent will continue to pump out the same mindless boring violent games to please the same very small subset of shareholders BUT independent studios need to beg for money unless end users are willing to trust and support studios directly.

If you do not support the game directly before it is released then the game isn't made for you .... it is made for shareholders. If it is free you have absolutely no input whatsoever. It is too late after release.

To trust means you will get burned sometimes ... that is the burden of this existence. Has your trust in big gaming been well rewarded?

So, delayed... what happened to not being newbies?
I will cancel my preorder if I can, this makes no sense anymore.

I expect developers to take release dates seriously. If you mark a release date, freaking release it.
You are not even forced to give an exact release date, you can always go for the "when it's done" approach. ( and it works )

Honestly, this doesn't inspire trust in me. I may get the game once it's released, best of luck CDPR.

Last edited:
I have been here for what feels like a decade already ( it's not but it seems like it). I have always had confidence in CDPR doing what needs doing even when it is embarrassing or inconvenient. TW1 was superb, but not on release. It took a few weeks to get TWEE out and all was well. TW2 was superb, but not on release. Many optimizations were made quickly after the release date if i remember correctly. I fully expect TW3 to be superb, and again not expecting the fully polished wonder inspiring perfection on day one.

My computer is a slug, so i know already i will not be playing it on any high details. Not an issue for me, since i played TWEE several times at dismally slow frame rates. I have patience and the game(S) are worth every moment invested into them.
CDPR will do what needs doing. Then they will weather the storm of oh- crap -i -cant- get- it -to- run- on -high- with- my - laptop. Just like they have done twice already. I expect they will then release what fixes can be made for issues unforeseen. Having nothing better to go on since i don't watch previews or trailers, i am guessing they are trying to make the game as presentable as possible, and I am proud of them for all the work.
Merry Christmas, happy new year, happy other holidays too.

(edit) according to another thread on these forums, there might not be an enhanced edition planned for TW3 so i may have been hasty but i still believe it will all be what we are expecting.

Last edited:
It seems the DLC has been pushed back as well (which makes sense).

I don't think it makes sense. When they first announced the DLCs they were all on about that they were being made my parts of the team that were finished with their workloads. They said that therefore it would make more sense for them to work on something extra instead of trying to attach themselves to other parts of team ineffectively as a third wheel. Makes sense as you'd figure they would be pretty sure that they could allocate these resources and still release the game on ti- oh right.
Anyway, from this update, I gather this could mean a couple of things.

Either the whole thing with the DLC guys not being able to effectively integrate themselves with the remaining team was a bunch of bs, and that's exactly what they're doing now, causing the adjoining delay of the DLC.

or they're simply holding back the DLC to release later instead of including it to begin with because they still want to give the impression that they're throwing extra free goodies in the bag.

I don't think it makes sense. When they first announced the DLCs they were all on about that they were being made my parts of the team that were finished with their workloads. They said that therefore it would make more sense for them to work on something extra instead of trying to attach themselves to other parts of team ineffectively as a third wheel. Makes sense as you'd figure they would be pretty sure that they could allocate these resources and still release the game on ti- oh right.
Anyway, from this update, I gather this could mean a couple of things.

Either the whole thing with the DLC guys not being able to effectively integrate themselves with the remaining team was a bunch of bs, and that's exactly what they're doing now, causing the adjoining delay of the DLC.

or they're simply holding back the DLC to release later instead of including it to begin with because they still want to give the impression that they're throwing extra free goodies in the bag.

There is also another possibility: The DLC people finished their workload -> CDPR gets them to work on DLC to avoid ineffective integration -> Delay announced! -> Since delay's purpose is to eradicate as many bugs as possible, DLC people need to go back to whatever work they thought they had finished and playtest it until they feel sick of it -> DLC delayed accordingly.

Of course, this is just speculation on my part. However, it's a possibility that fits the statements of "ineffective integration" and "delayed to fix bugs" ;)

Last edited:
Another thing is, when you now integrate the DLC, many people won't realize that it has been integrated and complain that they were promised DLC, which they never got. You can't really reintegrate it without loosing the good will, you would have generated by it.

DLC delay is both marketing and the fact itself that they're not ready yet and they're finishing the game first. I'm perfectly fine with it. The only "bad" was give the announcement of DLCs just before delaying the release date: it doesn't make sense and it says itself that the decision behind the delay was taken only after (and so few days ago). If the delay was not in the air it means that the game is in good state IMHO which is the most important think.

Dear Gamers,
Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Last edited:
Yet I still believe the game is delayed because of the Console versions. I'm not against console gaming as I have a console too. What annoys me most is how ungrateful Games Developers are. Pushing PC versions of games a few months later even as far as a year or year and a half. As a gamer, nothing pisses me off more.

CDProjekt Red is not one of those developers and I know that this delay is for the good cause. However some of you ungrateful console gamers should appreciate developers like CDProjekt Red a little more than your Favorite game developers and express your feelings about how unfair their decisions are when they deliberately delay the PC versions of their game much further.

Honestly, I am worried...

First, in February, 2 key designers left the studio in the middle of making the game. Not a good sign. A few weeks later Witcher's release date was pushed to 2015.

Then, there was that NeoGaf 'verified' user with his revelations about game being a mess that doesn't meet with its PR image...

Afterwards came that downgrade controversy and that unfortunate trailer...

And now another delay, despite promises there will be none.

Now how am I supposed to believe, that CDP RED were able to release this game on its original date and only pushed it back to refine and polish it to the max?

I am actually really close to tears as it comes to me that this game may not be shaping up to what I was expecting and hoping for.

Please CDP, prove me wrong...

Personally i am not worrying about the quality of the game. I am not even paying attention to any kind of screenshots and vids that come out during its development time. The only thing that we can actually use to get an idea of how the game will look like, is the 35 minute gameplay video. If i'm not mistaken, that gameplay video was made from the E3 build which at that time was about 5-6 months older or something.
Yes, i agree that some things were a bit off here and there but the quality is definitely present. It still needs some texture work, probably a bit of animation work and it obviously lacked some kind of graphical enhancements (looked like was missing all the good stuff, ambient occlusion etc) but damn it looks good. I still watch it and loving it everytime and they will have almost a year from that day to improve it.
All i am saying is that i'm certain that CDPR will deliver. I just refuse to believe that they would release a next gen game with textures of "PS2" quality as some people claim. Their name is on the line here and The Witcher 3 is on the spotlight everywhere.
Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I must admit i'm hoping to see some sort of progress before feb/ march, to get an idea of how things are going. Because at that point they would be cutting it a bit fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom