The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
I don't think it makes sense.

Of course it does make sense. You've just misunderstood the intention of these DLCs. They are 100% marketing. They are about the message that they are free for everyone. Just implementing all the stuff in the final release would destroy that message they've properly built up to be "different from big publishers like EA and Ubisoft".

If it all would just be directly about us customers and the quality of the game itself all the DLCs would be indeed included in the final release. And/or instead of releasing "16 DLC packs" they would consider releasing an EE like before or even a full expansion pack. Releasing DLC - no matter if free or not, it's the very concept itself that's bad - is actually quite strange because DLCs itself are one of the real pestilents of modern gaming...

Last edited:
You've just misunderstood the intention of these DLCs. They are 100% marketing.

Your constant absolutism frightens me, the total disregard of the other angles & possibilities that are clear to many of us (e.g. just look at the last few posts), and I often find myself biting my fingers to stop taking chunks out of your personal axe-grinding for the sake of propriety. But let me put it like this just this once, as a kid I had a Pitbull lockjaw onto my arm for frigging ages, and the lockjaw I'm looking at now is equally charming.

Of course it does make sense. You've just misunderstood the intention of these DLCs. They are 100% marketing. They are about the message that they are free for everyone. Just implementing all the stuff in the final release would destroy that message they've properly built up to be "different from big publishers like EA and Ubisoft".

If it all would just be directly about us customers and the quality of the game itself all the DLCs would be indeed included in the final release. And/or instead of releasing "16 DLC packs" they would consider releasing an EE like before or even a full expansion pack. Releasing DLC - no matter if free or not, it's the very concept itself that's bad - is actually quite strange because DLCs itself are one of the real pestilents of modern gaming...

Right, like CDPR has never released DLC before TW3... They have announced the DLC as extra content for after the release of the game and after the software verification process. And they give it to you for free, so I don't see a problem here. And DLC's aren't the problem, the dev's that release DLC that contains stuff directly from the game for 10 bucks are the problem. Is it marketing? Yes. Should we care that it's marketing? No because you get free stuff that, when you have the game, automatically installs and you don't even know it's there. So it's not that great marketing is it? It only attracted some attention when they announced it and nothing more.

Right, like CDPR has never released DLC before TW3... They have announced the DLC as extra content for after the release of the game and after the software verification process. And they give it to you for free, so I don't see a problem here. And DLC's aren't the problem, the dev's that release DLC that contains stuff directly from the game for 10 bucks are the problem. Is it marketing? Yes. Should we care that it's marketing? No because you get free stuff that, when you have the game, automatically installs and you don't even know it's there. So it's not that great marketing is it? It only attracted some attention when they announced it and nothing more.
Sorry, but that's not true. The first reason why DLC is used is to prevent used games sales on consoles. People should stick to their game as long as possible. Extra money made with DLCs is just a side effect. Actually DLC, filler content and artificial extenders are the unholy trinity of modern gaming and supporting any of these ideas is just the wrong move in general imo. It's the philosophy behind DLCs which is already wrong, not only the fact that most DLCs are overprized...

Ask me a question please: why did they announce 16 DLC packs in specific so long before release? Why don't they plan to make a full expansion pack instead or just leave the option open until the game is finally released?

@Kinley
Sorry, didn't see your post before writing this one.

---------- Updated at 06:37 PM ----------

Your constant absolutism frightens me, the total disregard of the other angles & possibilities that are clear to many of us (e.g. just look at the last few posts), and I often find myself biting my fingers to stop taking chunks out of your personal axe-grinding for the sake of propriety. But let me put it like this just this once, as a kid I had a Pitbull lockjaw onto my arm for frigging ages, and the lockjaw I'm looking at now is equally charming.

You have anything else to say on the topic apart from personal attacks? There is no need for ad hominem approaches just because you disagree with me. Come up with arguments or just ignore what I say, please.

Learn the difference between playing the ball & playing the man, and maybe then you'll understand what ad hominem means.

Have they actually mentioned exact reasons? It is all so general in the OP. It says nothing about actual problems.

Professional engineering divisions don't air their dirty laundry in public, so no, no exact reasons, and no reason to expect them. You can see some reasons for yourself in the trailer.

Delayed release is always a sign of problems, and most of such games come out with a lot of bugs and cut-offs. Someone of the developers, can't remember who, said plainly: "If the game is shelved, don't look forward to new content. On the contrary, they'll cut off the content they have problems with."

Attachments

• bH1niuV.png
    bH1niuV.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 59
A couple of posts have gone by the wayside . Please stay on topic . DLC`s has it`s own thread which was linked earlier .

In case any one missed this months ago. A few combat animations.

Some GIFs from PL gameplay.

..............................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................

.............................................................................................................................
Less interesting.

Last edited:
DAT DELAY THOU!!!!!!! The game will be a buggy and downgraded mess!! Consoles have ruined everything!

Its pc that ruins everything because game devs think they can release games that aint done because the whole internet can find out how to fix or make a patch or work around.

How does it make sense that game devs would make the game look rubbish to play on console aint the consoles using pc tech now and if so does that not mean that they don't have to change the way the game works for console they just have to set the console settings to what will work?

The combat animations look awesome. So fast, agile just like Geralt would be. I get the feeling Quen wont be as important in W3 because of how much faster the controls look to be.

Its pc that ruins everything because game devs think they can release games that aint done because the whole internet can find out how to fix or make a patch or work around.

How does it make sense that game devs would make the game look rubbish to play on console aint the consoles using pc tech now and if so does that not mean that they don't have to change the way the game works for console they just have to set the console settings to what will work?

LoL...

Dear CD ProjektRED,if that the case,then i will wait.And one more thing:when the game will be relased,i will download pirate version,because when The Witcher:Wild Hunt will be reached to my city,it takes to much time,and i do not want to wait.BUT(!!!)i promise that i will buy this game when this game reached to my city,and i probably will buy Collectors Edition if that will be possible.I am sorry for what i must doing(i mean pirate your game),but i will lately buying The Witcher 3.
P.S.I will not buying digital copy of The Witcher because i must spent my money wisely.

Dear CD ProjektRED,if that the case,then i will wait.And one more thing:when the game will be relased,i will download pirate version,because when The Witcher:Wild Hunt will be reached to my city,it takes to much time,and i do not want to wait.BUT(!!!)i promise that i will buy this game when this game reached to my city,and i probably will buy Collectors Edition if that will be possible.I am sorry for what i must doing(i mean pirate your game),but i will lately buying The Witcher 3.
P.S.I will not buying digital copy of The Witcher because i must spent my money wisely.

I cant understand your post here, buying it digitally from gog will grant you 10% discount, so it will be wiser to buy it from there and in this way all of the money you pay will go directly to cd projekt red. At the beginning i thought that you might have some download cap that will prevent you from buying the game online, but your going to download a pirated version, therefore i can't see the difference between buying the legit version and pirating the game.
Please reconsider and let CD projekt mentality of treating the player respectfully reduce the amount of pirated downloads of the game.

Last edited:

You can download the game on gog.com and play it the same day so you do not need to pirate the game. I would be ashamed to pirate a witcher game.

Top Bottom