The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
i use GPU-Z and press Lookup and the browser opens its says HD7870

7870's the stated minimum. That's good. Minimum systems probably should outperform the consoles, but not by a lot.

---------- Updated at 12:14 PM ----------

Yep, I'm guessing that I will have to make quite a few compromises regarding the graphical setup, yet I hope that my rig would handle TW3 decently, since it meets the recommended specs.

I have the money for a GTX 980 but first I want to see how things will work out with my good old GTX770. I'd rather save that cash for a next gen card (talking about the generation which would come out sometime next year).

I think it will play well for you, and you can ignore members who post without knowledge making claims like it is barely above minimum. It just won't be up to the same eye candy as the 970.

sorry if this is re-posted, but the youtubers who went to poland apparently played on 8gb ram, one gtx 980 and a 4970k cpu and acheived ULTRA at stable 60fps

does anyone have a reliable source or can be confirmed in a formal way as this would give some good statistics of how good this game is optimized and will run on a new card and can represent the the ultra side of things instead of the more commonly asked questions in this thread about lower end cards... please anybody?

:)

Hello :)
So. i'd have a few questions about the game and i didn't know if post this in this thread or the requirements one.
A few months ago in a Q&A if i'm not mistaken it was said that a 770 would run the game at mid high settings @1080 30 fps, in the light of the recent videos posted on YT where the game runs on a 980 @60 fps is the statement about the 770 still valid or it's outdated? (Personally i would think a 770 would go at about 40-50 at high, but i don't own the game therefore i don't know how it behaves)
Also another question, what kind of AA the game uses? More specifically (if it's at all possible having this information) in the recent videos released on YT what kind of AA was used to reach the 60 fps?
Thanks in advance for the answers if it's possible to answer to them at all. :cheers:

Hello :)
So. i'd have a few questions about the game and i didn't know if post this in this thread or the requirements one.
A few months ago in a Q&A if i'm not mistaken it was said that a 770 would run the game at mid high settings @1080 30 fps, in the light of the recent videos posted on YT where the game runs on a 980 @60 fps is the statement about the 770 still valid or it's outdated? (Personally i would think a 770 would go at about 40-50 at high, but i don't own the game therefore i don't know how it behaves)
Also another question, what kind of AA the game uses? More specifically (if it's at all possible having this information) in the recent videos released on YT what kind of AA was used to reach the 60 fps?
Thanks in advance for the answers if it's possible to answer to them at all. :cheers:

Good question if it is 8msaa it will drastically affect fps in game and if we turn it down or off we will surly gain good amount of frames.

Hey,

I would like to ask, how would be the impact of a processor which is weak compared to other pc components. For example the recommended requirements are an i7 3xxx and I only have an i5 4670. And I just bought a gtx 970 because I hope that I can then play at ultra.
So how would a processor limited system affect the game?

Hey,

I would like to ask, how would be the impact of a processor which is weak compared to other pc components. For example the recommended requirements are an i7 3xxx and I only have an i5 4670. And I just bought a gtx 970 because I hope that I can then play at ultra.
So how would a processor limited system affect the game?

I`ve been seeing some charts , from 1,5 months now, becuase I also bought a 970, I am with a 2500, and so far, I've saw 10 fps at worst in a very Top notch CPU against my i5 (depends on the game) my i5 is similiar somehow to yours, you perform 10% better (5,6fps) so I expect that at worst we will be playing on 40fps with our setups,
I am going to disable Hairworks and something extra more, I will be on 1080p so I can expect some boost, you could do the same

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment, that calms me down. But I would also be interested in what kind of processes or settings are cpu limited and what would be the general behavior of a cpu limited system for such kind of games. I remember when I got Supreme commander (like 10 years ago) when it came out I only had a single core cpu and after a while the game got very slow. I bought a double core and everything was good again.

Posted a ways back in this thread. Never got a definitive answer.

AMD FX 8350
GTX 760 in SLI w/ 4 gig vram each
8 gig DDR3

Good enough for high? Thanks.

Min/Low presentation

hi there...
I want to know if there is a Low/Min requirements presentation photo that show how the game look in min quality (on PC of course)

thanks!

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide what platform to get The Witcher 3 on? Im not very good when it comes to computers and speccs but i have a graphics card called "Geforce GTX 680" and 16GB of RAM. My computer is about 3 years old. It could run The Witcher 2 on 60 fps with high settings. But Witcher 3 looks a bit more demanding. Someone earlier told me that i should pick up Assassins Creed Unity for the PC instead of the PS4 because my computer was stronger than the PS4. But the framerate was horrible on PC and i couldnt even run the game on medium with 25 fps max. I dont know if it was crappy optimized for PC or something but AC:Unity looked ALOT better on my ps4. I saw the "minimum and recommended speccs" for PC for The Witcher 3 and im pretty sure my PC can run the game. But playing in 60 fps has always been something i really loved. But if it means the visuals will be better on my PS4 i dont mind the fps that much. Would be really kind if anyone here could help me out. Thanks in advance! =)

your CPU?

leave ac unity alone , it is badly optimized ( it can eek out 30 on high with my 750 ti though)

the 680 can mostly do high 60fps

if you want to be sure, i would suggest you wait ti;; the benchmarks are out .Dont worry your card is really good

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone here could help me decide what platform to get The Witcher 3 on? Im not very good when it comes to computers and speccs but i have a graphics card called "Geforce GTX 680" and 16GB of RAM. My computer is about 3 years old. It could run The Witcher 2 on 60 fps with high settings. But Witcher 3 looks a bit more demanding. Someone earlier told me that i should pick up Assassins Creed Unity for the PC instead of the PS4 because my computer was stronger than the PS4. But the framerate was horrible on PC and i couldnt even run the game on medium with 25 fps max. I dont know if it was crappy optimized for PC or something but AC:Unity looked ALOT better on my ps4. I saw the "minimum and recommended speccs" for PC for The Witcher 3 and im pretty sure my PC can run the game. But playing in 60 fps has always been something i really loved. But if it means the visuals will be better on my PS4 i dont mind the fps that much. Would be really kind if anyone here could help me out. Thanks in advance! =)
I wiil be playing it on neither, but as a console player, the ps 4 version of the game to me stills looks visually impressive and it looks to run smoothly. I say you ask yourself how important mods and potentially more impressive visuals are to you, if not then there looks nothing wrong with the ps4 version. I wish I could say the same for the none existence xbone gameplay.

Anybody knows if Physx is going to be GPU or CPU related? just tested ProjectCars on my 2500 Stock and the CPU couldn´t move itself, 99% all cores, Physx is very demanding so this would be helpfull

Posted a ways back in this thread. Never got a definitive answer.

AMD FX 8350
GTX 760 in SLI w/ 4 gig vram each
8 gig DDR3

Good enough for high? Thanks.
That's all depended from game. If game could use SLI good, then you are in chocolate ;)
If game will use SLI bad, then you have a problems.

Thank you for your comment, that calms me down. But I would also be interested in what kind of processes or settings are cpu limited and what would be the general behavior of a cpu limited system for such kind of games. I remember when I got Supreme commander (like 10 years ago) when it came out I only had a single core cpu and after a while the game got very slow. I bought a double core and everything was good again.

The only thing I`m afraid is of Physx; ProjectCars stutters on my PC as in unplayable with my i5 2500 at stock, the PhysX is killing there, while Asseto Corsa, more realistic physics works great

A question

My PC got a lower cpu then required.Does it mean i cant play it or can i play it but with problems laggs etc?

Anybody knows if Physx is going to be GPU or CPU related? just tested ProjectCars on my 2500 Stock and the CPU couldn´t move itself, 99% all cores, Physx is very demanding so this would be helpfull

Both. The general game physics will be run on the CPU, while additional (purely visual) particle/cloth/whatever physics will be done by GPU-physx for Nvidia owners.

So I more than meet all the minimum requirements. The only thing is my graphic card just short of the recommended. Mine is GeForce GTX 760. So my question is will it be worth changing my PS4 pre-order to the PC one?

It will be possible to play with an i3? I know that the minimum asked is an i5, but this means that with an i3 the experience will be completely compromised?

Top Bottom