The Witcher Fox Children #1 by Dark Horse Comics & CD PROJEKT RED out now!

+
The Witcher Fox Children #1 by Dark Horse Comics & CD PROJEKT RED out now!

Together with Dark Horse Comics we are pleased to announce the release of The Witcher Fox Children, a new entry in the comic book series about Geralt of Rivia.

Written by Paul Tobin, with art and covers by Joe Querio, The Witcher Fox Children extends the universe known from critically acclaimed video games and books.

Geralt’s journey leads him aboard a ship of fools, renegades, and criminals—but some passengers are more dangerous than others, and one hides a hideous secret!

The Witcher Fox Children is available in physical format in good comic book stores in the United States of America and as a digital download, via the Dark Horse iOS and Android application, as well as online, on the Dark Horse Digital comic book store.

For a sneak peek preview, click here, here, here, and here.

@Marcin Momot I'm kind of perplexed why Paul Tobin is credited for the story here, while he merely adapted for the comic format an existing story by Sapkowski from the Season of Storms novel. Maybe you could influence Dark Horse to give credit where it's due at least in the future issues? Otherwise it seems very unfair.

But it could be adapted better. The whole chapter introducing Addario, kidnapping of the vixena and the war between kingdoms of Temeria and Redania have been cut from the script...

I haven't read the book (for obvious reasons) how essential are those elements for the immediate story though?

@Marcin Momot I'm kind of perplexed why Paul Tobin is credited for the story here, while he merely adapted for the comic format an existing story by Sapkowski from the Season of Storms novel. Maybe you could influence Dark Horse to give credit where it's due at least in the future issues? Otherwise it seems very unfair.

We always credit Andrzej Sapkowski - he is the original author and we have no business hiding it. Will make it more apparent in the next issues.

We always credit Andrzej Sapkowski - he is the original author and we have no business hiding it. Will make it more apparent in the next issues.

Yes, you do credit Andrzej Sapkowski, but in this case not in an appropriate way, in my opinion. On the credits page in Fox Children #1 it's written like this:
--------
Script - Paul Tobin
The Witcher game is based on a novel by Andrzej Sapkowski.
--------
In the House of Glass comics it was appropriate, since they had original story, just placed in Sapkowski's world.

But in the Fox Children #1 it's completely inappropriate, since the story itself is just a direct adaptation of a part of the "Season of Storms" novel (namely, Chapter 14 of "Season of Storms"). Appropriate way to do the credits in this case would be as follows, in my opinion:
-------
Story - Andrzej Sapkowski
Adaptation to comic book form - Paul Tobin
-------

Thanks for looking into this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom