The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf Announced

+
Congratulations! I certainly hope "Rise of the White Wolf" will be a hit, and I agree, that name just sounds cool :teeth:Looking forward for the games you folks make. With "The Witcher" you've set the expectation pretty high and I certainly hope that those will be meet and increased :D

TomOhle said:
Understood. One thing that's important to remember is that we're working with an external studio (Widescreen Games) to make the engine -- they actually have more people on the project than we do, because creating the engine is a huge job. All of these new features -- which, as mentioned, are being developed only because it's a console game and we have to play to the console's controls and capabilities -- would not be possible in the PC game because of engine limitations. To port that stuff over to the PC again would mean another huge development cycle... and by that time we should be ready to announce the next game.
Who are these guys? And was the DaVinci engine ever used in another game? I hope that only the graphic and combat system will change and not stuff like the great quest log and other great stuff in the pc version (like the sex cards :D ). And please don't make any cuts - it won't sell more because of that. Look at games like God of War or GTA; more sex and violence = more media attention. :)I have some other questions:1. When can we expect gameplay videos?2. Are the guys from Widescreen Games just doing the engine? (I hope so).3. Are the ingame pictures touched up? seems so. :pThat's about all for now. ;)

As a PS3 owner, I was excited until I read that the only thing being carried over was the story. I really hope it will be as good as they say, but I'm worried. Can't they just leave it as it is? I really need a good game to look forward to on my PS3, so I hope they don't screw it up!!

paulcz said:
But damn it all to hell, just announce Witcher 2, will ya?! We all already know that it is one of those two unannounced projects anyway...
I agree. You better announce The Witcher 2 before RotWW or both Tom and Adam will have to convince console gamers they're not abandoning them etc.Anyway, it's very impressive, that people all over the gaming sites say, they will actually buy a console just to play the RotWW. I'm one of them (but i'll have to buy TV and pay TV licence as well ;( )Ps. Tom, you've been awarded with "The Most interactive PR person in the gaming industry '08" award for all these posts on various websites. Your medal made of potato will be sent to you immediately!

TomOhle said:
TomOhle said:
It may just be that one developer's opinion regarding the controls, but improved graphics + a lot more animations already sounds good. Then you have the improved enemy aggressiveness, character model updates, so forth and so on.Basically console players will be getting the Enhanced EE. I understand that the devs have learned from the PC version and that the console version would be getting the results of those lessons. The same would also go for an expansion. Unfortunately a lot of factors led to the backlash today.
Understood. One thing that's important to remember is that we're working with an external studio (Widescreen Games) to make the engine -- they actually have more people on the project than we do, because creating the engine is a huge job. All of these new features -- which, as mentioned, are being developed only because it's a console game and we have to play to the console's controls and capabilities -- would not be possible in the PC game because of engine limitations. To port that stuff over to the PC again would mean another huge development cycle... and by that time we should be ready to announce the next game.
Here is my question for you. ( Witch you might not be able not answer yet) could this new game engine on the consoles be the new engine that might be used for TW2 on PC and console's???

I had my suspicions. Ah well.I wish CDPR all the success in the world, guess I'll just have to wait for the real successor.

TomOhle said:
Wait a minute. Are you seriously saying that the PC has MORE limitations than a console? WTF? :whatthe:

Zanderat said:
Zanderat said:
Wait a minute. Are you seriously saying that the PC has MORE limitations than a console? WTF? :whatthe:
The aurora Engine has limitations. And it is a good thing for CDPR to have it own Engine.

It is amazing the amount of negative feedback this is getting. I for one am not thrilled with this but think if it this way, we got an expansion's worth of content for free and now CD is giving the console guys the game with another expansions worth of content. We will most likely see this on pc at some point so it's really no problem as far as that is concerned. I wish you guys the best and hope this endeavor gets you enough revinue to make your name as well known on consoles as it is among us.

Speaking of getting gamers mad look at Gears of war same type of thing happen 1year after the game was on the 360 it came to pc and 360 gamers were mad but when 2 came out it was better then 1 on the 360. If TW turns out better on the 360 or PS3 them I can't wait too see what they will do with TW2 on PC

I was a bit surprised when I saw that news this morning. It's like a kick in my legs considering I played the little mini-game this week-end and I was sure it was an expansion pack because of the spec requiring vista or xp on gog.com page. This is merely a console port that left me cold, like Geralt in the snow world. It was a bad marketing move for sure...Here what will happen with Cd projekt, like it happened to the majority of the dev:(copy-pasted from my gamespot post ^^): New dev make a great pc franchise-port it to the console- dumb down the multiplat sequel to fit consolite taste- cry at the poor pc version sale, because pc gamer don't buy dumbed down game- blame piracy- Make exclusive console game with a late pc port- blame piracy -become an happy console only dev who make boring games without dept- Rince and repeat with another new dev.Example=Epic, lionhead, Lucasart.

New dev make a great pc franchise-port it to the console- dumb down the multiplat sequel to fit consolite taste- cry at the poor pc version sale, because pc gamer don't buy dumbed down game- blame piracy- Make exclusive console game with a late pc port- blame piracy -become an happy console only dev who make boring games without dept- Rince and repeat with another new dev.Example=Epic, lionhead, Lucasart.
this is why people are concerned. it has happened so much and ruined so many franchises that people have cause for legitimate concern.

Come ooooon guys, why are we not grateful for what we have, better than being angry for something we don't have already. They have NO DUTY to give us Witcher 2...

Really dissapointed about this, I believe this is PURE betrayal towards the loyal PC community and CD shows it's face, pure money talk going on now.Needless to say, I will NOT SUPPORT YOU ANYLONGER !!!!!!!!GOODBYE :evil:

Imtrahiel said:
Really dissapointed about this, I believe this is PURE betrayal towards the loyal PC community and CD shows it's face, pure money talk going on now.Needless to say, I will NOT SUPPORT YOU ANYLONGER !!!!!!!!GOODBYE :evil:
Wowowowow hold on a minute.This is not a betrayal.They are getting their awesome product to the console players so that they can have a bigger market/audience and that is a wise marketing decision.I believe that the next witcher will be on both consoles and PC,and that in itself is sorta good because they can get more money and automatically more support/sequels/prequels you know?CD Projeckt has expressed their intent to NOT pull an Epic on us which is good.Stay calm it's all for the better.

Imtrahiel said:
I'm sorry to hear you feel poorly about this decision :( It would be a shame for you to pull your support out now - theoretically, you'll just be excluding yourself from future Witcher releases. And that'd just suck for you :(I still don't see how this is a betrayal? A shock, maybe, a surprise, maybe, news, certainly :) But I can't see how they have betrayed PC gamers. Especially since CDPR reps have been quite careful and frequent in their reassurances that their PC development arm is going to continue as it has. Be careful not to view this as a replacement development, but rather view it as an expansion to a franchise.There's little wrong with making money, by the way. It's kind of essential if CDPR want to continue to develop/locally publish games. The way I see it, this is a business move to ensure CDPR can continue to bring us games in the future. And that's a good thing :)But you can't please everybody, and I certainly understand how having a bit of a shock can affect your outlook on things.

You know, when I was growing up, my mother taught me to say thank you for things I received, not to make unreasonable demands, and to get my facts straight before I accused anyone of anything.CDProjektRed People:Thank you for the Witcher and for going the extra miles for the EE version. You didn't have to, but you did it, anyway. (and do you know why? Because it was the right thing to do!)I'm thrilled you're expanding and wish you every success.You DO have fans who do not feel betrayed.Thank you also for this community. I hope this all dies down soon so you all can get back to not feeling like you're being beaten up for trying to make things better for everyone.Now, for the naysayers: Yes, in the past some companies have chosen to take the easy route. CDPR has already shown their mettle by releasing the EE version when they didn't have to. There are developers (real, honest-to-goodness people) who are very much a daily part of this community because they want to get it right, not just because they want to sell product (though selling is not a bad thing) They have time and time again shown that they actually care about the story, about the game, and about the fans. Truth is, no one forced you to buy this game and no one promised you anything. What you've been given over the past 6-12 months has been gravy compared to what you get from other companies. It has been your privilege and honor to be a part of it, not a guaranteed right. You should be more grateful and less ready to condemn. You make me very sad for the CDPR people who have to wade through these comments. I'm not saying you don't have a right to have an opinion, but when offering that opinion, try to curb your anger into a reasonable argument instead of a rant?

I care little about consoles. It's CDPR's business alone. My, but those "betrayed" children are funny. And - alas - also greedy, impatient and envious. No wonder for humans.But that's not the point. What I want to say is that the video trailer's awesome as usual. I'd surely want more of this stuff. And good luck with the other two projects. The community will wait anyway. Haste has little to do with high-quality product, so please don't rush it. That's all I'm asking for :)

Top Bottom