Things that influenced you to buy the game

+
Things that influenced you to buy the game

Hello Witcher 2 forum members, in this thread we post specific things that made you decide to buy the game.For me, I preordered based on the condition that the in-game character model, animation and art style of the knights and soldiers is excellent, and the best i have ever seen in any game to date.Also, i have hope that witcher 2 will allow modding of Geralt like in the original. If this is not possible, I can still enjoy the detail of the npc character models. The module system mentioned in dev diary 2 also contributed to my decision to preorder. List of things in particular:knight in klappvisor in leaked alphaknight in sallet in boss demoguard in gorget in flotsam demoguard in burgonet in escape trailercivilian model parts in dev diary 2

seamusgod said:
Hello Witcher 2 forum members, in this thread we post specific things that made you decide to buy the game.For me, I preordered based on the condition that the in-game character model, animation and art style of the knights and soldiers is excellent, and the best i have ever seen in any game to date.Also, i have hope that witcher 2 will allow modding of Geralt like in the original. If this is not possible, I can still enjoy the detail of the npc character models. The module system mentioned in dev diary 2 also contributed to my decision to preorder. List of things in particular:knight in klappvisor in leaked alphaknight in sallet in boss demoguard in gorget in flotsam demoguard in burgonet in escape trailercivilian model parts in dev diary 2
For me, it is their dedication to the fans. Releasing the Enhanced Edition for free to those who bought the first game gave me a great idea about what these guys are like. They care about the customer.Triss. Is. So. Dang. Hot..Oh, and the first game rocked so I know this one will as well !!

I played the first game. It was the best RPG ever made. That's all the reason anybody needs to buy the second one!

Loved the original Witcher, and I admire CDProjekt's dedication to the PC gaming community. The Witcher 2 looks phenomenal so far!

Well lets see I played the 1st game and was so drawn in the game that i HAVE to find out what happens in the 2nd gameThe other reason is that CDPR seems to really care about their fan base what with all the patches and upgrades in the 1st game and with the 2nd game all the goodies that are going to be included with both editions and with that i will gladly help by supporting them

Corylea said:
I played the first game. It was the best RPG ever made. That's all the reason anybody needs to buy the second one!
That's what I was gonna say. Truly. ;)And the love and respect the devs have for their games and their fans. By trusting us they gain our trust in return.

Braag

Forum veteran
Loved the first game... also CD Projekt Red is awesome and very dedicated to their fans so I'm not even gonna hesitate to purchase The Witcher 2. That's all the reason I need.And what I've seen thus far of the game has been incredibly good.

The last game trailers that were shown a few weeks ago in prison was what convinced me the game would be good and that development was going in the right direction.If they can reproduce the atmosphere and brilliance of the first game then the game will outsell TW1 by at least double the sales.

• Rolling heads, swears, nudity – these things are to stay – game’s still gonna be mature and violent• Erotica will be integral part of in-game life, not a mini game. No sex cards this time.
This is what has influenced me to buy the game. It is what got me to get the first game. Granted I am going to miss the sex cards. But I am hoping the integral part will make the sex cards look like 30's pin up. Personaly I think they should skip over the MA rating and go for the AO rating. Now that would make for a great game.

seamusgod said:
For me, I preordered based on the condition that the in-game character model, animation and art style of the knights and soldiers is excellent, and the best i have ever seen in any game to date.
Character models? Seriously? Could never understand why so many people are obsessed with graphics, especially in jenres with a heavy focus on story and gameplay. Actually, its annoying how many devs are dumping their whole budgets into it, leaving the actual game shallow - and many people are still happy with it. =( Why can't you just play some casual shooters on consoles or something?Anyway, I enjoyed TW1 a lot and consider it one of the best rpgs of the decade, and just hope TW2 wasn't influenced much with biocrappy dumbing consolization trend.

The best team Cd Projekt/Red.The best community,the best game,the best book.Everything about the witcher universe is the best.

I preordered this game because I am a fan of the first game. The original story intrigued me, pulling me into the world. I can say that I am a sucker for a good story. Also, the way choices are handled as opposed to some other games. It's easy to save before those choses in the other games and chose the way you went and if you don't get that specific action reload before your choice. It's not so easy to do on TW.

Darksavior said:
Also, the way choices are handled as opposed to some other games. It's easy to save before those choses in the other games and chose the way you went and if you don't get that specific action reload before your choice. It's not so easy to do on TW.
I am sorry but i did not understand what you were trying to say with the above, can you explain please?

No problem. It's what happens when you get less than six hours a sleep last night, lol.What I mean is that the choices in the original witcher are implemented better than in some other RPGs to date. I am the type of player that saves constantly because I know several things (bugs) can affect game-play. I usually save before any conversation, after any boss fight, and then sporadically through the game. This makes it easy for me to go back and change my choice if I picked something that did not "make sense" to my character or would screw up any romance that I had with any character (if I wanted to do that). Let's take Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic as an example. If I played through as a "light-sided" jedi, I can determine what choices would give me those light-sided points. Because the consequence of the choice is instant, I get an instant rise in my light or dark side choice. However, I could always reload my game that I had saved just moments before in the event that I choose something that say gave me dark sided points. Also, I could see the different outcome of the choices by reloading my game and choose the option that best fit my character by process of elimination. In the witcher, it is harder to do this. Your choices aren't immediate. To reload a game in TW could mean you are forfeiting hours of played time to get a desired choice. Because some of your choices affect certain quests hours later and the option of instant-gratification is not there, TW makes you really think about the choices that you make.I hope this is clearer. :)

Thank you for the explanation, yes it is very clear now.I also do the same in my games, it's good that CDPR makes it harder for us to decide as the results could show up much later in the game.

Irx said:
Irx said:
For me, I preordered based on the condition that the in-game character model, animation and art style of the knights and soldiers is excellent, and the best i have ever seen in any game to date.
Character models? Seriously? Could never understand why so many people are obsessed with graphics, especially in jenres with a heavy focus on story and gameplay. Actually, its annoying how many devs are dumping their whole budgets into it, leaving the actual game shallow - and many people are still happy with it. =( Why can't you just play some casual shooters on consoles or something?Anyway, I enjoyed TW1 a lot and consider it one of the best rpgs of the decade, and just hope TW2 wasn't influenced much with biocrappy dumbing consolization trend.
graphics is an oversimplification. if i wanted just graphics, i'd buy one of the console oriented games from bioware or ubisoft. gameplay is necessarily a large factor. if witcher 2 had the same art style as witcher 1, i would not buy it. the same reason i did not buy assassins creed because the gameplay did not match the art.you can have the best game in the world but it only features stick figures. i doubt anyone would play that. in fact, graphics is a great part of the game experience, don't let some companies' over enthusiasm in graphics and lack of attention to gameplay make you forget that. gameplay and graphics are not mutually exclusive. in fact, they should be mutually inclusive. i simply cannot have one without the other. hope you understand.best regards.

fchopin said:
I also do the same in my games, it's good that CDPR makes it harder for us to decide as the results could show up much later in the game.
I do have sort of a funny story about that. My brother in law detests RPGs, but he watched me play TW on one of my playthroughs. So, he decided that he was going to play it. He was going to play a "good" witcher. My brother in law does not save at all when he plays games, and he made it to Act 2 in one sitting. Well, the results of the actions that he had Geralt take had someone die. He missed out on that quest. Instead of moving on, he actually started over (ignoring his autosave). I viewed it as fine because it was his time. He completed the game, but he was more aware of the choices he made. As I said before, the choice/consequence system of TW is what made the game one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It's what I am looking forward to in the next installment and any future ones.

seamusgod said:
you can have the best game in the world but it only features stick figures. i doubt anyone would play that. in fact, graphics is a great part of the game experience, don't let some companies' over enthusiasm in graphics and lack of attention to gameplay make you forget that. gameplay and graphics are not mutually exclusive. in fact, they should be mutually inclusive. i simply cannot have one without the other. hope you understand.
Well, for me game atmosphere is on the same level of importance with gameplay and plot. It is heavily influenced bu things like music, art style (which has little to do with technological quality, but is of course influenced by it), so I think I understand what you mean. Still, some things can be forgiven when other game elements are great - I still play lots of oldies and indy games.

I got to play Witcher two years after it's set release. Then i was pissed since i couldn't buy the Collectors edition as they were all out of stock.Won't happen this time though, but damn i want that keyring and shirt.. Not to mention a coffee cup. If they doesn't release a coffee cup soon i will make one myself with the Wolf symbol and the logo ofcourse.

Top Bottom