Tomb Raider won instead of The Witcher 3? WTH?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomb Raider won instead of The Witcher 3? WTH?

http://www.pcgamer.com/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-wins-2016-writers-guild-award/

LOLLLL

Dont get me wrong . i played the first game in the series and liked it alot
but comeon... after 10 hours i finished the main "Story" which took me less time then the fucking Baron quest in the witcher 3 and i had no reason to keep play this game

The Witcher 3 offers so much and its the best game in terms of writing . some quests are fucking epic and some much less but still its so much better

how this sh1t happend?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't understand why people make such a big deal over game awards. It's like the Oscars. A lot of good stuff doesn't get nominated.

In this situation though, TW3 has already won so many awards, that it doesn't need any more. You don't need some one else to validate your opinion of a game. The excessive language and attitude also doesn't help convey what you're trying to say.

:stoptrolling:

Last edited:
Rather disappointing, indeed, however, The Witcher III does have many, many other awards to its credit.

Moderator's note: Let's try to keep the comments civil, please. Thank you.

I really don't understand why people make such a big deal over game awards. It's like the Oscars. A lot of good stuff doesn't get nominated.

In this situation though, TW3 has already won so many awards, that it doesn't need any more. You don't need some one else to validate your opinion of a game. The excessive language and attitude also doesn't help convey what you're trying to say.

:stoptrolling:

because i hate hypocrisy!
i can understand the witcher losing in "best combat" for 2016 or something like that...

BUT STORY ? are u real m8 ?

shame on them.

---------- Updated at 09:44 AM ----------

Rather disappointing, indeed, however, The Witcher III does have many, many other awards to its credit.

Moderator's note: Let's try to keep the comments civil, please. Thank you.
thing is ...
Story/Writing is one of the few things The Witcher 3 really shines at...

I really don't think anyone's going to lose sleep over this as its not like the writers guild of America is going to be my first stop when assessing how good a video game is.

I really don't think anyone's going to lose sleep over this as its not like the writers guild of America is going to be my first stop when assessing how good a video game is.
Zoolock
lol i hated this deck so much when i played HS

To be fair, the main storyline (except the Baron quest of course :p) of The witcher 3 wasn't really the best compared to the previous games. After
The battle of Kaer Morhen
the story drops severely in quality. But that topic has been discussed extensively already.

If anything, The Hearts of Stone main storyline should have won. :smiling2:

Tomb raider was very good game. Dont know about rising. It highly doubt the writing is that good. But what do i know!

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue . I understand when the addons like Last of Us Left behind is rewarded-its really brilliant work. But after so lame work Rianna did with Tomb Raider and Thief and next Rise of Tomb Raider-come on!!!:eredinfacepalm:

Tomb raider never really did anything for me. I remember when the first one came out, but in those days I was WAY more interested in games like final fantasy 7-8-9 and resident evil 1-2-3 to name a few. And Im no expert, but to me it looks like the new tomb raider is trying to be more like uncharted. I could be wrong.

Meh, let them have the trophy. Really don't know how that ended up in their hands, but we all know that Witcher 3's writing is possibly the best in any game ever, so it is OK.

That's easy. You can burn down Gagarin's posters and cut down Soviet flags in this game:stoptrolling:

I haven't played RotTR yet. But I've heard that the base game along with the dlc Baba Yaga can be completed within 20 hours or so. I've spent more than 20 hours playing HoS only. So, a big LOL RotTR getting any award over Witcher 3. I think it got because of the eye-candy visuals. Still Witcher 3 looks graphically better overall to me.

Apparently they only actually "consider" you getting the award if you are a member of the American Writer's Guild. So yeah, no chance on that for our beloved writers from Europe :) Meh, it's okay, we got enough awards to fill every wall of both CDPR offices anyway ;)

By the way, I think it's more special when a game wins an award without deserving it, and nearly everyone on any comment section of any website knows it. Nearly all the comments I read was about how weird it is that The Witcher 3 did not win it.

I haven't played RotTR yet. But I've heard that the base game along with the dlc Baba Yaga can be completed within 20 hours or so. I've spent more than 20 hours playing HoS only. So, a big LOL RotTR getting any award over Witcher 3. I think it got because of the eye-candy visuals. Still Witcher 3 looks graphically better overall to me.

witcher 3 is a whole new league for every game and not only for rpgs

good combat system
best story/writing
best graphics
i had zero issues since launch
best devs support
dlcs actually WORTH the money and kinda cheap
and the list goes on

if any company want any award they need to work hard...

cod is the same sh1t every year
tomb raider is wanna be uncharted
fallout is nice but nothing more then that
farcry 4 - is this a joke?its a reskin...

so when i see a game like tomb raider winning over the witcher 3 and in Story/Writing
that makes me mad...

Brings me back to ps1 era. The golden days:) About the graphics. I think the tomb raider reboot on ps 4 looked better than w3. But then again TR is only fraction of size of W3. Probably played it about 40 hours. W3 about 400+ and counting.

The Witcher 3 offers so much and its the best game in terms of writing . some quests are fucking epic and some much less but still its so much better

how this sh1t happend?

They did not stop playing after the first act. :p

I have finished around 80% of rise of the tomb raider and I have to say it's a lot of fun, but writing isn't that great. I mean it's not bad, but it doesn't come close at all to the witcher 3. Lara is searching for an artifact that got her father killed. Throughout the game she never knows really why she wants it other than to redeem her father's honor. She even says it in the game that she doesn't know why.

That said: You look for artifact. A bunch of military crazy religious people are in your way and try to get that artifact first so you got to take out the baddies and be the first to get the artifact. That's the story in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom