Top 3 things you would like to see in Cyberpunk?

+
More than anything I’d want to have a complete overhaul of the frankly awful character systems into something more varied, impactful and mechanically actually interesting (and closer to CP2020), that allows me to actually roleplay the character instead of just bumbing up his damage and armor in various ways. This encompasses many things from combat, to interactivity, narrative and the minute to minute gameplay. (And of course it will never happen, but it is the #1 thing I would want.)

More interactive and reactive city where doing stuff gets a reaction. Factory yards where I’ve slaughtered the gangers refilling with workers, and some such, NPC’s and traffic reacting to the happenings around them and different social classes having their iwn behaviors, gangs and cops having independent reputations to which your actions factor in (can’t be everyones buddy), and so on... (And obviously this won’t happen either, at least not fully, but it is the #2.)

Alternative narrative lines that allow for more open approach to the main story and include more meat on the lifepaths throughout the game, and perhaps even puff some life into the gangs too and some of the sidemissions and their rippling reactivity. (And that’s the last thing that will not happen, but it is #3.)

Top 3 is way to much effort at the moment so I'll just give 3 things I would like to see :)

1. More non main story specific content. Including content for characters you have a relationship with and extended romances and more romanceable characters. V's friends are under used imo.
2. Extent all the lifepath prologues and Act 1. The prologues could stand to be a couple hours longer and Act 1 could stand to be 10-15 hours longer.
3. Change how you get side gigs from fixers. As is when you get a certain street cred level or other requirement and bam 30+(might be an exaggeration) side gigs on the map. I want it to be that all your fixer gigs are a long chain of gigs one after another where you have to work your way through as you meet the requirements to get them instead of the insanity the map becomes with dozens and dozens of gigs all over the map.
Special Request. Raid Corporations/Gangs. I want to be able to go on raids against corporations/gangs and fuck their shit up. Their bases and infrastructure etc. (This was a special request from Johnny. Don't disappoint.)

Last edited:
I'd personally like a DLC that brought everyone together as say a crew and you bought say a warehouse or a garage with living accommodation and work space, Judy on tech, clare able to mod cars, river maybe acts as a fixer type with his contacts, panam an goro im no sure on ppl with better brains can think something up. Could also work as a small mission hub to go on investigations with river, races with clare, getting equipment or helping ppl with judy etc and could help make the player bond more with the cast.

Im easy with whatever they do if im honest

For me one of the most important things I play games for is to experience a fantasy, an escape from the RPG called Real Life. I think CP2077 is very close to needing a complete overhaul but being realistic, these are my Top 3 things outside of a complete overhaul that would allow the game to keep it's "Action Adventure" genre title since they failed to make an RPG.

1.) Third Person Mode
Even as bad as things are, playing in third person would make the game much more enjoyable for me and help tremendously with immersion for me and people who don't enjoy first person. I love gaming and can typically even enjoy a bad game if I get to create my own character and all the things that come along with it such as the cool armor and clothes. As it is right now though, CP2077 is a bad game in almost every way but even worse it's a bad game that only allows first person and the experience of Night City does absolutely nothing make first person bearable.

2.) Add and allow immersion for the player in Night City
The experience of being in Night City amounts to being a mass murdering floating camera in a dead world. There should be reflections of V in the windows, V should be able to sit down at a noodle stand or bar and enjoy some food and drink and I don't mean simply having these things placed in your inventory. The player should feel like they exist in the world of Night City outside of a mass murdering floating camera.

In a cyberpunk dark city of the future there shouldn't be 18+ signs everywhere with nothing 18+ going on. Strip clubs without strippers make it dystopian in the opposite way it should be and the same with drug dealers selling medicine...how embarrassing can you get? The way CDPR made the game, they basically said "We're the oppressive Corpo's". So much of this game and the world that was created is a disgrace to cyberpunk in general and the idea of fantasy. This game came out in 2020 for crying out loud, not 1980. Have some self respect, bring Night City to life so that the player feels like they're in a dark future dystopia, don't just hint at it and allude to it. Games are supposed to create interactive experiences and worlds where the player gets lost in the fantasy, not kicked out of it.

3.) Add some life to the NPC's/AI
Why does everything in Night City feel like The Truman Show? Everyone is just standing around waiting for the player to appear then they start acting their roles. The experience of Night City is so fake, dead and brainless. NPC's should be doing things like robbing other NPC's independent of the player, not standing around like their on a stage waiting for the director to yell "ACTION"....my god.

Top Bottom