Toussaint Deck cards (Ideas and request to CD Projekt Red)

+
Rawls;n7469470 said:
Regarding vampires, I think they would make sense to include with the faction, especially higher grades of vampires, such as higher vampires, bruxa's and alps.

Could you please explain why vampires should be part of toussaint? and not part of monsters?

To me it doesn't make sense that you have bruxae and alps etc.... fighting on behalf of toussaint.
and fighting alongside ducal guard and knights errant, if you decide to build your deck that way.
if anything they should be fighting against each other, when you have a monsters - vampire deck vs a toussaint - ducal guard deck.

already we have ekimara and katakan as part of monsters.

if you wanted to you could argue that ghouls should be part of northern realms, as that is where you find them. It would make sense to a degree because ghouls would then eat the corpses (discarded cards) of Temeria/Redanian/Kaedweni units.

i can kinda see where you come from, because the unseen elder's territory is toussaint.
and that all vampires there own him fealty and obedience.
However why should the unseen elder respect human names and places. or anything of human or elven origin?

Lim3zer0;n7472190 said:
Could you please explain why vampires should be part of toussaint? and not part of monsters?
To Quote TW3 glossery:
Only a mutual thirst for blood links higher vampires to their distant and much more primitive cousins: ekimmaras, alps, katakans and the like. Higher vampires are, in fact, much more similar to humans than to those bat-like blood slurpers. They not only resemble us in appearance, but also share our intelligence and behavioural patterns. This means they do not squat in distant forest or hide in the shadows. On the contrary, they are particularly fond of cities, where they live out deceivingly normal lives. Even witchers are not capable of recognizing them at once, for their medallions remain perfectly motionless in the presence of higher vampires. Yet all these similarities should not blind us to an essential difference: unlike men, higher vampires are immortal. Those who have faced them in combat and survived can be counted on one hand.

The higher forms of vampires are more like people than monsters. The do not belong in the monsters faction. These particular higher vampires (minus detlaff I suppose) are from Toussaint. It makes just as much sense as having Madman Lugos and Crach an Crait on the same team. Why would Madman Lugos serve under Crach as a leader? He wouldn't. Asking for complete consistency with the lore in a card game is difficult. I mean you can have 3 different Geralt of Rivia's in the same deck currently. I agree the Bruxa and Alps are more ambiguous, since they are still higher forms of vampires, but have monster-like tendencies. Even so, they definitely serve the unseen elder, and they attempt to blend in with human society to survive. I think it makes perfect sense.

Rawls;n7472600 said:
The higher forms of vampires are more like people than monsters. The do not belong in the monsters faction. These particular higher vampires (minus detlaff I suppose) are from Toussaint. It makes just as much sense as having Madman Lugos and Crach an Crait on the same team. Why would Madman Lugos serve under Crach as a leader? He wouldn't. Asking for complete consistency with the lore in a card game is difficult. I mean you can have 3 different Geralt of Rivia's in the same deck currently. I agree the Bruxa and Alps are more ambiguous, since they are still higher forms of vampires, but have monster-like tendencies. Even so, they definitely serve the unseen elder, and they attempt to blend in with human society to survive. I think it makes perfect sense.

yep, very fair argument.

orianna for sure, not a monster card.
was mainly thinking of the more generic vampires, their deck place is more grey than characters like orianna.

come to think about it anything in the characters panel in W3, is not gonna be monsters. and anything in the bestiary is more monster deck suited.

Added almost every card that has been mentioned in this thread (until now) into this overview and added some new ideas.

The strength numbers are only there to give an idea of how strong the cards are when compared with each other.

Leaders:
NameStrengthEffect
Anna Henrietta/Something focused on knight-errands?
Damien de la Tour/Something focused on guards?
Sylvia Anna/Something focused on the fairy-tale characters

Gold:
NameStrengthEffect
Gregoire de gorgon12/
Lady of the lake7spawns only when the Hermit is defeated
Reynart de Bois-Fresnes
Fringilla Vigo6Do … damage to a card (or something similar)

Silver:
NameStrengthEffect
The Hermit5Transforms in the Lady of the lake card when you lose the round
Guillaume de Launfal4Get a 2 point strength boost when Lady Vivienne is on the battlefield/ is played, or a 4 point boost is she is already defeated.
Golyat (pre-transformation)4When destroy turn into the ‘giant brute cyclops-version’
Witch of Lynx Crag3Spawns 2 panters
Lady Vivienne2Transform a random enemy unit in a bird with 1 strength
Barnabas-Basil Foulty
Thumbelina Spy
Count Crespi2Spawn 2 archespore-seeds on your opponents side of the battlefield.*
Artorius Vigo Spawns "the Wicked Witch" or "The Big Bad Wolf"
Milton de Peyrac-Peyran5Muster with Palmerin de Launfal
Palmerin de Launfal5Muster with Milton de Peyrac-Peyran
Land of a Thousand Fables
*The archespore-seeds:
  • Have 1 strenght
  • will need 1 turn to ‘grow’
  • when they are grown, they will attack 1 card on your opponents side of the battlefield every 1-2 turns
  • the grown archespores will be breedable and have 3 strength points
Bronze:
NameStrengthEffect
Golyat (post-transformation)8/
Knight errand6/
Toussaint Ducal guard4/
Loth Halfbreed4plays a bandit from your deck every 2 turns
Tourney Champion3/
Panter2Do 1 damage to a random enemy card
Knight2Only spawnable through a tournament card
Grandmaster smith2Increase base strength of a card by 4 points
Ducal Camerlengo2Add 1 strength to all knight-errands (deck and hand)
Little red riding hood2When destroyed: spawn big bad wolf
Bandit2/
Painter1Copy a random card from your opponent’s deck and put it in your hand
Musician of Blavikan
  • Cat
  • Dog
  • Donkey
  • Rooster
1Muster
Vintner1Add a ‘whine’ effect to a random friendly card
Druid of Caed Myrkvid
Courtier
Dun Tynne Guard4/
Bootblack
Little Flint Girl
Belle of Beauclair
Wicked witch Spawnable by Artorius Vigo
Big bad wolf Spawnable by little red or Artorius Vigo

Effect cards:
NameStrengthEffect
Tournament/Spawn 2 knights
Champion of the virtues/Increase the strength of a card by 2-3 points and make it gold
Whine/Decrease the strength of a card by 1 point for 2 rounds. Increase the weakened strength with 4 points in the 3d turn.
Whine-festival/Same as concept as ‘whine’ but for an entire row.
Lose 1 points for 2 turns, gain 3 points in the 3d turn.

Other cards that have been suggested for a Toussaint deck but might be better suited for a monster deck:
Leaders: Unseen Elder
Golds: Detalff - Orianna
Silver Shaalmaar - Alpha Garkain
Bronze: Bruxa - Alp – Fleder

If you're going to have Henrietta and Sylvia as leaders, they should have mirroring boast and damage abilities (i.e. Henrietta gives a boast like +3 to all guards on your side, or a commander horn or something and Sylvia does some form of damage like Scorch - or maybe let her choose between lacerate, azur's thunder, and manticore venom).

If you wanted to include Unseen Elder, I think a cool effect could be to discard a random card from your opponents hand (thus giving them -1 card advantage).

Druid of Caed Myrkvid - value 6 - could "root" a card (a reference to the druids control trees in the Tower of the Swallow). Choose any non-gold card on either side and give it an adrenaline rush effect but -2 value. So you could cast it on your own rows and risk some points short term for keeping the cards next round or use it as a damage card if it is the last round.

I think musicians of blaviken can only be 3 cards (since you can only have 3 of any bronze). I would give them a 4 point value if they have no other effect than muster (so it's a 12 point play).

Any bronze with no effect needs to be at least 7 or 8 in value otherwise it wont get played.

Belle of Beauclaire - value 1 - gives 6 point buff to any non-gold unit.

Detlaff (if you want to include) - Gold value 8 - summons a Bruxa on opponent's side (reference to night of long fangs & Bruxa working for Detlaff in B&W). Bruxa is value 3 (gold colored) and teleports to a random opponent row each time opponent passes doing 2 damage to a random non-gold card on it's row every turn. This would assume Bruxa and Alps aren't included as bronze cards in the deck itself since that idea didn't seem to sit well with others. The idea is that the Bruxa gives 3 points of gold to enemy, but over time does a lot of damage.

Orianna (if you want to include) - Gold value 7 - does 5 damage to any opposing unit (Like Triss and Iorveth but different values - all add up to 12).

Knight Errant - value 4 - gives 2 point buff to every non-gold card on the row. It's a reference to how they may not be the best fighters, but they inspire confidence in others.

Also we should think about passive abilities, maybe any time a gold is played, all silver units get +1 base value, wherever they are.

Last edited:
KasumiGoto;n7477270 said:
Krikkeee how would The Hermit even work? It's a Silver card but spawns a golden card..so in the deck builder does it count as a silver or a golden?

Oke maybe I didn't realy think that through. I gues the hermit could be upgraded to a gold card and function like the 'Regis' card, wich spawns/transforms in another gold card that spawns when you lose?

New Faction Idea: Toussaint

Seems like Toussaint would be a natural additional faction in Gwent. There seems to be more than enough character and lore content surrounding the land. Just came up with a VERY rough draft for the potential faction below. Obviously it's incomplete and unbalanced. And there would need to be some strategy themes incorporated. But it's just an idea.

Duchess Anna Henrietta (LEADER)
Duke Raymond (LEADER)
Duke Roger (LEADER)

Knight of Toussaint (Bronze-knight) 9-melee: Add 2 power if playing against a monster deck.
Knight's Squire (Bronze) 4-melee: Add 3 power to any non-gold unit, add 5 if target is a "knight".
Ducal Guard (Bronze) 5-melee: none
Ducal Guard Officer (Bronze) 7-melee: If possible, put a "Ducal Guard" unit from your deck onto the battlefield.
Dun Tynne Guard (Bronze) 3-melee: Play all "Dun Tynne Guard" units from you deck.

Adrien de Rouleau (Silver) 3-melee/ranged/artillary: Add 2 to all non-gold on the row
Beau Duvall (Silver-knight) 7-melee: Spawn 3 "Squire" 1-melee tokens on the same row.
Bors (Silver-knight) 9-melee: none
Percival (Silver-knight) 9-melee: none
Damien de la Tour (Silver) 7-melee: Lock a target non-gold.
Valour (Silver) special: Add 5 power to any non-gold, add 8 if target is a knight.
Gregoire de Gorgon (Silver-knight) 11-melee: none
Guillaume de Launfal (Silver-knight) 8-melee: Add 3 power if playing a monster deck.
Witch of Lynx Crag (Silver-sorceress) 5-artillery: Spawn 3 token "Panther" 2-melee.
Antoine Straggen (Silver) 6-melee: Spawn 2 token "Bandit" 2-melee.
Francois le Goff (Silver-knight) 7-melee: If playing a monster deck, add 6 power and place a token "Monster in the Cave" 6-melee on adjacent row.

Barnabas-Basil Foulty (Gold) 3-melee: Look at the top 4 cards of your deck, rearrange them in any order.
Toussaint Tourney (Gold) special: Spawn 3 token Knights 4-melee and add 3 power to all knights on the battlefield.
Palmerin de Launfal (Gold-knight) 8-melee: Add 3 power to "Guillaume de Lanfal" wherever the unit is.
Milton de Peyrac-Peyran (Gold-knight) 9-melee: Remove 3 from any unit and 1 from every other non-gold unit on adjacent row.
Vivienne de Tabris (Gold) 3-artillery: Add 3 to all Knights on the battlefield. When removed, place token "Vivienne cursed" 4-melee.
Sylvia Anna (Gold):

Hope this is a useful idea!

ROMVAY83

I don't think Toussaint will ever be a standalone faction, it's part of the nilfgaard empire, just a bit more indipendent region, kind of like temeria if ng wins the war.
I believe we will see sooner or later a fourth leader for each faction, with Anna Henrietta being the fourth of Nilfgaard.

Personally I think discussing a new leader for each faction a bit more interesting (The only new faction I can see interesting, because it leaves tons of liberty to the devs, it's zerrikania+ofier, but maybe it would be a bit too far from the lore (i don't know how much informations we have about them beside HoS)).
Back to the fourth leader, a fourth one for NR might be Demavend (Aedirn king).
A new leader for scoia'tael could be saskia. (the card which is now named Saskia would be renamed to Saesenthessis and will keep the art, while the leader cards would be named Saskia and would use the human form as art).

Tungdilboindil;n7863910 said:
I don't think Toussaint will ever be a standalone faction, it's part of the nilfgaard empire, just a bit more indipendent region, kind of like temeria if ng wins the war.
I believe we will see sooner or later a fourth leader for each faction, with Anna Henrietta being the fourth of Nilfgaard.

Personally I think discussing a new leader for each faction a bit more interesting (The only new faction I can see interesting, because it leaves tons of liberty to the devs, it's zerrikania+ofier, but maybe it would be a bit too far from the lore (i don't know how much informations we have about them beside HoS)).
Back to the fourth leader, a fourth one for NR might be Demavend (Aedirn king).
A new leader for scoia'tael could be saskia. (the card which is now named Saskia would be renamed to Saesenthessis and will keep the art, while the leader cards would be named Saskia and would use the human form as art).

New Leaders i'm sure are coming. I think for Nilf... Empress Cirilla. For Scoia.. maybe Lady of the Lake (from TW1). North... Cyrus Hemmelfart or Demavend. Monsters... Auberon Muircetach. And for Skellige... Probably one or both an Craite children (Cerys & Hjalmar) as Leader versions? Although I dont know why you would have Gold and Leader versions of a unit.

I think they should probably look to seriously increase the number of existing cards in each faction as well (given how you only really see maybe 3 or so types of decks played now).

MONSTERS are easy because of the extra monsters in Toussaint. They could also expand the vampires... as there are numerous types. Ghost in the Tree would be a good Gold card. A bunch of the Night/Noonwraithes (ie Jenny o' the Woods). Anabelle (Pesta). Ignis Fatuus. Fugas. Morkvarg. Ogg/Pogg/Rogg. Allgod. Salma Lilith (succubus in brothel). Djinn units.

NORTH is easy with a ton of content behind it. Tamara Strenger + Graden. Caleb Menge. The Pellar. Vegelbuds. Count Tybalt. Declan Leuvaarden (TW1). Felicia Cori. Witch Hunters. Hubrecht. Jad Karadin. Horst Borsodi. Maarten. Joachim von Gratz. Marcus TK Hodgson. Maria Louissa La Valette (Foltest's mistress), Ulrich. Mislav. Marquise Serenity.

NILF Ambassador Von Hinn. Vattier de Riedeaux. Carthia van Canten. Assire var Anahid. Rosa var Attre. Harmon aep Groenekan. Havar var Moehoen. Hendrik.

SCOIA Elihal. Casimir Bassi. Caesar Bilzen. Eveline Gallo. Hugo Hoff. Giacomo Cianfanelli. Ida Emean aep Sivney. Vernossiel. Vienne. Eibhaer Hattori.

SKELLIGE Artis. Eyvind+white whale. Folan. Djenge Frett. Gremist. Hammond. Holger Blackhand. Jorund. Priestesses of Freya. Druids.

NEUTRAL Independant Gold versions of Vezimir, Eskel, Lambert. Uma. Adela. Corinne Tilly. Detlaff van der Eretein. Ewald Borsodi. Gaetan. Aiden. Kiyan. Traveling traders.

But I still think Toussaint would be a great faction... Yes, it's technically under Nilf rule, but it runs completely independently with its own Dukes/Duchesses, Barons, etc. They have their own culture, traditions, guards, army/knights, economy, etc... honestly I think it makes perfect sense. I do like the Ofieri/Zerikania idea but the problem is there is so little lore/substance/content that they would literally have to start making things up out of nowhere. The bronze cards would be easy enough, but when you get to Silver or Gold, how many non-obscure characters are there really? The Prince, that prince before he turned into the sewer toad, the Mage who came to rescue him and captured Geralt, the 2 Ofieri merchants you meet... and that's all about I can come up with. And we don't even know what the Prince and royalty looked like.

The other thing that they could maybe incorporate in the future are gear/equipment cards. Weapons/armor are a big part of the game and maybe they should have gold/silver/bronze equipment cards that would add power and/or abilities to units on the battlefield. Think of all the different unique swords in the games. Crossbows. Armors... chest hands legs feet. megascopes. that walkie talkie thing Kiera gives you. Magic lamps. Various bombs. All the other various quest items. There's a ton of content to incorporate.

They should expand on spells too... anchor them off sorceresses.

Also tweak Geralt Gold card (12 power). It's really weak on it's own. I would change it to Geralt: Quen where he comes in with a Shield. That would make the card better, but not by a ridiculous amount since there are only a handful of cards that can effect Gold cards anyway. Because currently, why would I waste a Gold card slot for a 12 when there are a bunch of 10-11s silver and bronze cards out there? Also Geralt: Axii should be a thing: maybe take control of 1-2 bronze units on adjacent row... maybe for limited turns or until the end of round.

romvay83;n7867620 said:
I think they should probably look to seriously increase the number of existing cards in each faction as well
They stated that they plan on adding 120 new cards every year, or 20 every two months.

romvay83;n7867810 said:
The other thing that they could maybe incorporate in the future are gear/equipment cards.
Nah, gwent is not about gear, and imo should never be.

romvay83;n7867810 said:
Also tweak Geralt Gold card (12 power)
Yeah, should be 14 to be interesting (and NR should not give bonus strength to neutral gold cards), I think also the 10 strength silver cards should be buffed to 12, or at LEAST 11, because right now they're good only as placeholders, and that's not a good thing, with that 1 or especially 2 strength added they become interesting as ''big units'', and having one instead of another silver card might start to make sense.

The Toussaint idea is great! I was thinking the same thing and coming up with card ideas. Definitely more than enough lore/content/characters to make a complete faction and expand on it in the future. I'm sure they'll pull the new monsters from blood/wine for additional monster cards.... but a toussaint faction would be cool. All the factions have themes and it's easy enough to set the toussaint theme around knights/valor. Maybe throw in some winery themes as well.

The only pushback I've heard on this is that [technically] Toussaint is a client state of the Nilfgaardian empire. So it's not an independent faction. But my answer to this is that it is independently ruled, has it's own military and guards, it's own leaders (dukes and dutchess), and generally runs independently. And at the end of TW3, one of the best endings involves the Northern Kingdoms being conquered by Nilfgaard and turned into an independent client state (exactly like Toussaint). So really, that's no a great reason to hate the idea (in my opinion).

Of course we are far off from anything like this being considered. We should all understand that because the game hasnt even released yet. They need to add to the existing factions before jumping into completely new factions. But on the other side of the coin, CDPR should not make the mistake of sleeping on the game by released a handful of cards per month. As is, the game is boiled down to a small handful of decks with little or no variation between them. Players will certainly get sick of seeing the same 3-4-5 decks over and over again. And consequently, the game becomes less about deck crafting skill and more about luck-of-the-draw (which loses its appeal quickly). In fact, I've already seen a "is anyone else getting bored" post on the threads.... it was all about how you would see the same handful of decks again and again. Can't blame the players using them because they really do have the highest winning percentages.

To be clear, I'm still 100 percent on board with CDPR on this game and already committed some in game $ towards it. I just hope they dont become complacent with the release and make us wait forever for new content (cards). But I'm not worried about it because CDPR does gaming right... after all, they made the best game of all time.

Cheers!

Top Bottom