Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that idea, but if it is too much to ask, then at least have Triss get mad at Geralt and Yen, and have her demand an explanation from Geralt (and Yen). When I first saw that scene, I was like "uh oh, Geralt is in trouble", then Triss never mentioned it ever, which was disappointing.

Agreed, it was all perfectly placed for something to happen after, but nothing came of it and i think a lot of Triss fans in their first playthrough would of been angry and the kiss and then were probably thinking this would lead to something, and i was looking forward to it but nothing happened, which is disappointing (to say the least).

I also got the feeling it was part of the Yen romance first and foremost (i could be completely wrong when i say this), but looking back it seemed like it was a scene designed for Triss to have a reaction because she was the ex-lover rather than the current lover.

Agreed, it was all perfectly placed for something to happen after, but nothing came of it and i think a lot of Triss fans in their first playthrough would of been angry and the kiss and then were probably thinking this would lead to something, and i was looking forward to it but nothing happened, which is disappointing (to say the least).

I also got the feeling it was part of the Yen romance first and foremost (i could be completely wrong when i say this), but looking back it seemed like it was a scene designed for Triss to have a reaction because she was the ex-lover rather than the current lover.

Yeah, I wanted her to be all, "Geralt...honey britches...could I talk to you, dumplin...<clinches teeth and Menge pissed Triss comes out> RIGHT.........NOW!

:)

Vesemir would be like, "I wouldn't pull that sword if I were you Wolf..."

yeah, i wanted her to be all, "geralt...honey britches...could i talk to you, dumplin...<clinches teeth and menge pissed triss comes out> right.........now!

:)

vesemir would be like, "i wouldn't pull that sword if i were you wolf..."

noo not the portal!!

Actually p***** off at Geralt Triss needs to happen!

Yeah, I wanted her to be all, "Geralt...honey britches...could I talk to you, dumplin...<clinches teeth and Menge pissed Triss comes out> RIGHT.........NOW!

Vesemir would be like, "I wouldn't pull that sword if I were you Wolf..."

noo not the portal!!

Actually p***** off at Geralt Triss needs to happen!

I laughed so much while reading that. I did a backflip off my chair by accident.

No thanks. In this case i prefer to stick with "Well".

That idea was not a meant as an "ideal repair", but as an "quick and cheap hotfix".. For me, it would be much better, than just "well" or "no?" (if You are playing in Polish - by the way, great idea, Polish dubbing is much better, than English and with subtitles, it is fine)...

That idea was not a meant as an "ideal repair", but as an "quick and cheap hotfix".. For me, it would be much better, than just "well" or "no?" (if You are playing in Polish - by the way, great idea, Polish dubbing is much better, than English and with subtitles, it is fine)...

I don't know, maybe somebody could be happy with that but for me it is not a repair or a fix at all. It's just a curtain to hide the inconsistency.

I laughed so much while reading that. I did a backflip off my chair by accident.

I want someone to do a parody of this kind of stuff... (just to lighten the mood)

Going back to what Riddlin said....

Triss: Geralt....honey britches.....could i talk to you, dumplin
Geralt: Sure
Triss pulls out some shackles
Triss: Looks like we got a use for these
Geralt smiles, jumps on the bed and puts them on
Triss: Now i need to talk to you right now
Geralt: Wait, what is going on?
Triss: You kissed Yen!
Geralt: No baby, it was an accident
Triss clinches her teeth and gets pissed
Triss: No excuses!
Geralt: No i swear
Triss: I've lost my patience....

At this point Triss throws Geralt through a portal

Geralt: I really hate portals!

I want someone to do a parody of this kind of stuff... (just to lighten the mood)

Going back to what Riddlin said....

Triss: Geralt....honey britches.....could i talk to you, dumplin
Geralt: Sure
Triss pulls out some shackles
Triss: Looks like we got a use for these
Geralt smiles, jumps on the bed and puts them on
Triss: Now i need to talk to you right now
Geralt: Wait, what is going on?
Triss: You kissed Yen!
Geralt: No baby, it was an accident
Triss clinches her teeth and gets pissed
Triss: No excuses!
Geralt: No i swear
Triss: I've lost my patience....

At this point Triss throws Geralt through a portal

Geralt: I really hate portals!

Reading this scared me a lot. I'm really hoping she will unshackle him first or throws him through the portal with entire bed. Otherwise he will be teleported without his hands. xD

When Geralt had the amnesia in TW1, he forgot about his fear of portals and being teleported. He remembered right before Triss telelported him to the Salamandra's base when

Declan Leuvaarden said: "I saw a mage emerge out of a portal once without his legs, they came out 5 seconds after".

Geralt: "I don't want to be teleported now"

Triss: "Throws Geralt through the portal".

Edit reason: Updated.

Last edited:
I don't know, maybe somebody could be happy with that but for me it is not a repair or a fix at all. It's just a curtain to hide the inconsistency.
If it would stay only in that one, I would agree.. But if it would be implemented only as "hotfix" (as a form of message, that they are really working on it and we could be calm) and later properly repaired, it would be great..

And..when I am thinking about it..maybe it would be awesome to have an oportunity to simply kiss our love interest anytime we want in a moments of peace (for example on that ship, or in Dandellion's Inn etc).. Do You know any woman in love, who refuses kisses? ;)
Not that I wanted to use it too often, but having that oportunity would be nice extension of "in game freedom".. :) (Of course it would have to be implemented both for Triss and Yen)

Recently did the last Triss mission on my 2nd play-through. At the fountain scene the work put into the facial animations is impressive. Really glad they decided to improve on that tech with this game.

Also I just happen to take some more 4k screenshots.

(click for screens)

Last edited:
Recently did the last Triss mission on my 2nd play-through. At the fountain scene the work put into the facial animations is impressive. Really glad they decided to improve on that tech with this game.

Also I just happen to take some more 4k screenshots.

The 4k screenshots looks amazing. It looks like an entirely different game (More like screenshots from RL considering how sharp the details are) I'm jealous!
The screenshot reminded of what I did the other day out of boredom. I kept adding her earrings over and over to my inventory to have something to talk to her about.

Edit reason: Saving @justname internet from my misguided quote.

Last edited:
If it would stay only in that one, I would agree.. But if it would be implemented only as "hotfix" (as a form of message, that they are really working on it and we could be calm) and later properly repaired, it would be great..

I'm calm already. (Honestly still worry a little bit because of double meaning words in the second Marcin response) So i don't really need REDs make a some unnecessary fix which will be replaced eventually. I guess they should focus on a final result. And if they really want to calm people down they can release a shortlist without spoilers about what they will do.

ps
@CaptainZamzabam Oh nooo, you forgot the spoiler again! My internet is dying and the browser is exploding!

Last edited:
When Geralt had the amnesia in TW1, he forgot about his fear of portals and being teleported. He remembered right before Triss telelported him to the Salamandra's base when

Declan Leuvaarden said: "I saw a mage emerge out of a portal once without his feets, they came out 5 seconds after".

Geralt: "I don't want to be teleported now"

Triss: "Throws Geralt through the portal".

I remember that, it was hilarious.

I like that idea, but if it is too much to ask, then at least have Triss get mad at Geralt and Yen, and have her demand an explanation from Geralt (and Yen). When I first saw that scene, I was like "uh oh, Geralt is in trouble", then Triss never mentioned it ever, which was disappointing.

An explanation is needed. Even tho Geralt confess his love for Triss she may still have some lingering fear that Yen will steal Geralt away. So the conversation can go something like this:

Triss: Geralt we need to talk

Geralt: Triss I know what this is about, the old man (Vesemir)already scolded me for it. Let me explain

Triss: I'm listening Geralt, explain

Geralt: She kissed me there is nothing there. My heart belongs to you and only you, you know that. It took a long time Triss but, we finally found what we were looking for. I should have told you how I felt a long time ago. He kisses her and they hug. There is no going back for me Triss I'm all in.

Triss: I love you Geralt, till end of time

Geralt: Love you Triss, always have, always will

After they seperate Triss goes to the main area. Geralt can say something like I want to get her anorher rose, should reassure her somejow. He reaches for the old rose and removes it from his man purse and realize it's blooming. He says to himself, our rose is alive, I should give it back to Triss.

He can give her the rose before the battle at Kaer Morhen or in the famous good luck scene with more dialogue of course.

Reading this scared me a lot. I'm really hoping she will unshackle him first or throws him through the portal with entire bed. Otherwise he will be teleported without his hands. xD

I don't know if Triss would take that risk but, if she did teleport him handcuffed he better learned how to doggy paddle fast. Lol

I'd like to know what happens at Kaer Morhen when Ciri returns if you romanced Triss? I know that Yennefer and Geralt share a brief kiss... but what about Triss?

A quite common misconception about medieval times. People actually washed themselves pretty often, not only a few times a year. There were frequently used (and free!) public bathing houses in every bigger city (like Dijkstra's one in TW3)... ;)

And IIRC sorceresses quite enjoyed using bathing faclities in the books as well.

Sorry of the offtopic...

You're right about bathing (which was common and frequent until the spread of syphilis), but bathing and washing hair do not necessarily accompany each other. Things that were done to care for one's hair are pretty extensively documented, and they don't include routine washing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom