Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, on their way to farcorners to meet Ciri's circus friends she mentioned that she did found Triss and was going to make contact with her by pretending to be a meeting from a herbalist, so Triss wouldn't have known it was Ciri until the very last moment in order to keep her safe from the Hunt or temple guards but everything went screwed and Ciri couldn't make it.

Not to mention that before that she was at Kaer Morhen helping them during their battle with The Wild Hunt.

Definitely. All we ever asked for is to have those extra conversation with Triss as we do with Yennefer (In the events of romancing either one of them) having both of them interacting with you depending on whether if you romanced either one them or not would be perfect. Equality and validation for Triss as a romance option, It's really all we ever asked for. Wherever you can start a conversation with Yenenfer, we should be able to start a conversation in that area with Triss (Since she's out love-interest).

---------- Updated at 07:50 AM ----------
The inconsistencies as I see them.

1. The Rose of Remembrance (Being able to give her back The Rose of Remembrance).

2. Not being able to tell her that we broke up with Yen for good (We should be able to tell her that we broke up with Yen during that conversation where she asks about her during Pyres of Novigrad).

3. Her not being present at Kaer Morhen (She really should be there, we're missing out on the biggest part of their relationship, the reunion after going through all that trouble to find Uma/Ciri).

4. Yennefer's kiss and not being able to kiss Triss after (Yes, I wanted to kiss her after that to reassure her that nothing is going on behind her back and yes, I wanted to do in front of Yen).

5. No interaction with her upon our arrival with Ciri to Kaer Morhen (If the previous option is not provided, we really should've been able to interact with Triss, it seems only fair since we can interact with Keira before the battle).

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).

7. Ciri's conversation with the Lodge (Triss she be the one present there if she's our love-interest).

8. Triss providing more information about our house in Pont Vanis as she said she would after saving Philippa.

9. A conversation between Triss, Ciri and Geralt (To make up for her being missing during Avallac'h laboratory or just adding her there with the rest of the family).

10. A Conversation on the boat in Skellige (Being able to interact with her and do anything other than "Well?").

11. A romantic conversation with her in the tent before the final battle (It's only fair since Yennefer gets one).

12. Triss should be the one saving Geralt instead of Yennefer from The Wild Hunt hounds (After defeating Eredin and she should be the one riding with him to the tower)

At the point where all of the mentioned above is provided, we reach the point of having her as a valid romance option, we finally reached (Equality).

EDIT reason: Update.

k... care to explain 6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).??

I think that among the characters of the game, Triss is the one who show the most varied facial expressions and looks than the others. From the very moment when she was lost in thought when she first saw Geralt after six months to many other ocassions. The developers did a really great work on Triss expressions, she really conveysher emotions.

k... care to explain 6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).??

It very simple really. Yennefer fainted on top of Kaer Morhen trying to hold the shield during the battle against The Wild Hunt. While Triss was down there, pretty much next to Geralt. The battle ended, Geralt broke out of the ice that encased him. Suddenly Yennefer is down there and they're running toward one another to embrace near Vesemir's body and next to Ciri.

All I was trying to point out was, Triss is my romance option, she was already down there. It makes more sense that Geralt would be running toward her to embrace her, not toward Yennefer (Who was still up there probably passed out and wasn't my romance option). This should applies both ways depending on your romance option.

Also, it makes more sense considering that Vesemir was like a grandfather to Triss and they had a strong relationship.

EDIT reason: Typos.

Last edited:
I think that among the characters of the game, Triss is the one who show the most varied facial expressions and looks than the others. From the very moment when she was lost in thought when she first saw Geralt after six months to many other ocassions. The developers did a really great work on Triss expressions, she really conveysher emotions.

Agreed, i don't think i have ever seen so much detail put into a character like Triss' facial animations and that is why it is so easy to really appreciate the scenes she has with Geralt and in general. That first meeting Geralt and Triss had was mind-blowing in conveying emotions and since then you can tell really how Triss feels from when she is embarrassed (trying to get the strength to tell Geralt about Kovir), to when she is angry (Djikstra's treasure quest) and when she is happy (Vengelbud residence, the lighthouse) just to name a few. That is why those scenes she has with Geralt are more meaningful imo to most of the other scenes in the game, her expressions are amazing.

It very simple really. Yennefer fainted on top of Kaer Morhen trying to hold the shield during the battle against The Wild Hunt. While Triss was there, pretty much next to Geralt. The battle ended, Geralt broke out of the ice that encased him. Suddenly Yennefer is down there and they're running toward one another to embrace near Vesemir's body and next to Ciri.

All I was trying to point out was, Triss is my romance option, she was already down there. It makes more sense that Geralt would be running toward her to embrace her, not toward Yennefer (Who was still up there probably passed out and wasn't my romance option).

Also, it makes more sense considering that Vesemir was like a grandfather to Triss and they had a strong relationship.

Yeah it does makes more sense, besides, Triss is the one who has spent more time at Kaer Morhen isn't she? and more time with Vesimir? I don't know about the books but she has been a part of the group and the school of the wolf since the first witcher game. Good thing Triss was besides Geralt at Leo's funeral as she is once again at Vesimir's.

6. Geralt running toward Yennefer to embrace one another after the battle. (Triss is my romance option, she should be the one doing that).
I wanted that Geralt after battle expressed concerns about Yens health and well-being - she managed to create such powerful shield that have taken all her strenght, as much as I wanted his conversation with Triss after battle.

I wanted that Geralt after battle expressed concerns about Yens health and well-being - she managed to create such powerful shield that have taken all her strenght, as much as I wanted his conversation with Triss after battle.

Geralt will be running toward Yennefer if she's his love-interest/romance option. Geralt will be running toward Triss if the same condition applies. Not trying to switch between them or cut Yennefer out.

It's too hard to understand that it's a moment of Ciri' lost and her mother try to be always by her side? Who is the charactro who is from even the game star lokking for Ciri? why now Yen, Ciri's mother, must desappears in those Ciir's moments?

Will you make a totally different game about Ciri-Geralt-Ciri Story ujst because you can chose one of both lovers?

Maybe it will be good made Triss signing the letter of the begining of the game... or invite her to Wyzima with Emhyr's Audience too...

100% this, Yennefer is cold as ice by comparison.

The developers did a really great work on Triss expressions, she really conveysher emotions.

Yeah they did.
Although, I'm not sure what this facial expression is conveying. I think it's her "Avallac'h smells" face..

Last edited:
It's too hard to understand that it's a moment of Ciri' lost and her mother try to be always by her side? Who is the charactro who is from even the game star lokking for Ciri? why now Yen, Ciri's mother, must desappears in those Ciir's moments?

Will you make a totally different game about Ciri-Geralt-Ciri Story ujst because you can chose one of both lovers?

Maybe it will be good made Triss signing the letter of the begining of the game... or invite her to Wyzima with Emhyr's Audience too...

Don't be upset, if the dev decides to make it an even playing field and you romance Yen you wont even notice the difference.

Attachments

• story.jpg
    story.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 48
Agreed, i don't think i have ever seen so much detail put into a character like Triss' facial animations and that is why it is so easy to really appreciate the scenes she has with Geralt and in general. That first meeting Geralt and Triss had was mind-blowing in conveying emotions and since then you can tell really how Triss feels from when she is embarrassed (trying to get the strength to tell Geralt about Kovir), to when she is angry (Djikstra's treasure quest) and when she is happy (Vengelbud residence, the lighthouse) just to name a few. That is why those scenes she has with Geralt are more meaningful imo to most of the other scenes in the game, her expressions are amazing.

Exatly! good examples, as I've seen other characters their tone of voice and facial expressions are mostly the same all the time (same look and everything) compared to Triss, I liked and enjoyed watching her run and laughing having fun maybe it's just me but I like to hear a woman laugh and happy having fun, she could make the excuse of the wine of course but she didn't drank that much and she was already enjoying her time with Geralt at the ball.

Even her expressions under the hood when Geralt said he would dive for the package under the bridge she was shocked to hear that as she was shocked when Geralt threaten the landlords of the house. Also when she raised her eyebrow and the look in her eyes when they sit and talk while the rats ran away from the granary. I can play those scenes or watch the videos many times because of the great work they did regarding Triss.

Don't be upset, if the dev decides to make it an even playing field and you romance Yen you wont even notice the difference.

Really? how do you know it? I've play all options possible in all 3 games. So maybe, yes, perhaps I'll could notice something.

Exatly! good examples, as I've seen other characters their tone of voice and facial expressions are mostly the same all the time (same look and everything) compared to Triss, I liked and enjoyed watching her run and laughing having fun maybe it's just me but I like to hear a woman laugh and happy having fun, she could make the excuse of the wine of course but she didn't drank that much and she was already enjoying her time with Geralt at the ball.

Even her expressions under the hood when Geralt said he would dive for the package under the bridge she was shocked to hear that as she was shocked when Geralt threaten the landlords of the house. Also when she raised her eyebrow and the look in her eyes when they sit and talk while the rats ran away from the granary. I can play those scenes or watch the videos many times because of the great work they did regarding Triss.

Yes well said, sometimes it is easy to forget she is a character in a video game, because she is amazing to watch and to see all that detail. Like you i could watch those scenes over and over because of how incredible it was, i mean.......

Incredibly well done.....

Really? how do you know it? I've play all options possible in all 3 games. So maybe, yes, perhaps I'll could notice something.

Obviously I haven't right? I'm not going to get into an argument with you if you dont like what we write ignore it and dont read it, its that simple. Nothing said was offensive. Arguments are disruptive and I will not disrupt this thread because someone is mad about a suggestion.

Triss's animations were great. To be fair almost all animations in W3 were great. I noticed micro-expressions too.

It was so sad when I did not kiss her :(

I felt bad... I actually did. That is a hard feeling to get from me. Props to CDPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom