• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
My one request, devs please do something about the retarded AI. They just stand around waiting to die when you attack them at range with a crossbow. It's really soul destroying winning every fight like this. PLEASE FIX!!!!

Apologies if these have been included already but I'm reluctant to use 1.04 for the time being.

- I'm wondering if it'd be worth having the option to increase the range at which tooltips display. Reason being say you see a beastie off in the distance. It looks big and it looks angry. Rather than get close enough to have its name display and then tear you a new one and have you reload the game you can observe from a distance to know what it is then research it to find out its bestiary entry and weaknesses. Glossary entries for plants would be helpful for identification as well. It'd only make my habbit worse of going "Oooh that's white mrytle, that's helebore, that's berbacane etc" when going for a walk. ...Yes I've been able to leave the house since Witcher 3 released.
- Again storage options would be something I'd like to see.
- An option to set how fast ingredients and merchant funds replenish/respawn would be nice.
- An option to have a route display on the minimap for custom set waypoints.
- Option to reconfigure controller inputs on pc. Also the option to switch what UI prompts/icons they use - Xbox/Playstation
- Toggles for the damage numbers/critical attacks etc
- Possibly a saturation slider in the video options menu?
- Ability to cook raw meats for a longer duration restorative item - a new crafting recipe?
- Option to disable automatic sheathing of weapons.
- Not sure how it would be implemented but there are times when you have a weapon drawn but using block instead goes into the Witcher sense mode. Frustrating if going up against archers or simply wanting to take advantage of distance between you and an opponent.
- Skip or disable the recap animations that play on loading would be great.
- Ooh access to the textures as well as I'd like to recolour Triss's hair to be closer to the books and have a look at the sky textures.
- Importantly! For the Projekt Red team to have a relaxing break after making such a wonderful title.

More challenging and unlikely to happen.
- Dice poker?
- New Game + (to rampage on)

Two more goofy and highly unlikely to happen requests but would certainly make me smile.

- Bowl cut for Geralt!! Grinding up on Triss with such a dapper boufant is too good an opportunity to miss.
- Feed Roach apples and pet her... what? My neighbour has a horse who likes being fed and tickled behind the ears :p

Last edited:
It would be very good having a route display in minimap for custom waypoint.
I also think strange riding on horse sometimes, specially when you ride into the woods. There is so many vegetation that I can't see the character. I wish it could fade out sooner before it "hits" the screen. And also the horse could dodge some obstacles and not completely stop when go to a rock or something

No quests should scale with the player. Level scaling breaks rpgs and turns them into straight up action games. If everything is the same level, there's no reason to have levels in the first place. Just make every monster in the game and Geralt start and end at level 70. The game is balanced, just like GTA5 is balanced. And they're both equally rpgs at that point. It also makes no thematic sense. That level 7 wraith that's been there for the last 20 years just gained a level because I completed a quest yesterday? How does that work?

A better fix would be the reduce monster and quest xp rewards based on level difference. For example, and this may not be balanced, have Geralt take a 10% xp reward hit on killing any monster or completing any quest for each level it is below his.

So if Geralt is level 10 and does a level 8 quest, get only gets 80% of that quest's base xp.
If Geralt is level 20 and kills a level 10 monster, he gets 0 xp.
If Geralt is level 15 and does a level 22 quest, he gets 100% of that quest's xp.
If Geralt is level 30 and does a level 22 quest, he gets 20% base xp for that quest.

This way you're not pulling in the same xp rewards as you are currently, and it's going to slow you down significantly in gaining levels if you're starting to outpace things. It also doesn't break character growth, in that you will still be able to find quests out there that you've vastly outgrown, and can live that power fantasy. You just won't get any xp rewards from it anymore. Finally, this makes thematic sense. Grealt spending time on milk run missions isn't going to teach him much. But if he tackles challenging contracts he'll learn more and grow as a witcher.

Unfortunately for you, the controller has a limited number of buttons and the majority clearly prefer to run, not walk
The reason most PC gamers choose Keyboard and Mouse is more options to enable enough choices to suit everyone.

As an ex console gamer converted to PC, I struggled to adapt. Only by playing a brand new game with unfamiliar controls, did I finally succedd in converting, that one game was enogh to overcome my, can't use K&M attitude. Now I wouldn't even think about the controller for most games, if any at all.

So what existing console function would you lose to provide a walk toggle, if you can find one, you've now only got to convince a majority of controller users to agree with you. Suceed in that and you will have the starting point to argue the case from. Then get enough to post here and try your best persuasion skills on the task.

On your own you're not going to get this changed by debating with those who disagree or don't care and certainly appear to be outnumbering you, at the moment.

Last edited:
Hmm... I wonder if me becoming over-leveled would allow me to just keep using the DLC armor throughout the game instead of swapping to armor that has better stats but looks worse... (for reference, in my opinion the DLC armor is the best looking armor, don't really care for the 3 Witcher sets)

I was annoyed at first, but now I don't mind just pushing the analog stick a bit to walk instead of jog. It's not like they have a ton of buttons to work with on the controller, they have to use what's there.

There are 3 platforms.

It would help to state which platform you're running, in the title as well as your thread.

Any chance that you can fix Geralt putting away his swords automatically? Sometimes the enemy are still near me and about to attack during this animation. Not a big issue but I would like more control over when I draw my weapon and sheath them. All hail the Witcher 3

FreeFall24, be aware that you won't be able to complete some quests if you're not careful. I got to a point in the game where I needed a certain person to complete at least two quests but because I advanced the story before getting those quests the person was no longer available. When a character is needed for multiple quest lines you should have an option as to which you choose before advancing the main one, in the case with the two quests I mention you can't.

I'm trying not to spoil anything by not mentioning who and what. I've also read that other quests don't show or are broken if you progress the story too far before getting/doing them..

No quests should scale with the player. Level scaling breaks rpgs and turns them into straight up action games. If everything is the same level, there's no reason to have levels in the first place. Just make every monster in the game and Geralt start and end at level 70. The game is balanced, just like GTA5 is balanced. And they're both equally rpgs at that point. It also makes no thematic sense. That level 7 wraith that's been there for the last 20 years just gained a level because I completed a quest yesterday? How does that work?

A better fix would be the reduce monster and quest xp rewards based on level difference. For example, and this may not be balanced, have Geralt take a 10% xp reward hit on killing any monster or completing any quest for each level it is below his.

So if Geralt is level 10 and does a level 8 quest, get only gets 80% of that quest's base xp.
If Geralt is level 20 and kills a level 10 monster, he gets 0 xp.
If Geralt is level 15 and does a level 22 quest, he gets 100% of that quest's xp.
If Geralt is level 30 and does a level 22 quest, he gets 20% base xp for that quest.

This way you're not pulling in the same xp rewards as you are currently, and it's going to slow you down significantly in gaining levels if you're starting to outpace things. It also doesn't break character growth, in that you will still be able to find quests out there that you've vastly outgrown, and can live that power fantasy. You just won't get any xp rewards from it anymore. Finally, this makes thematic sense. Grealt spending time on milk run missions isn't going to teach him much. But if he tackles challenging contracts he'll learn more and grow as a witcher.

nothing better about that fix. it'll help nothing should you after doing a couple 100% xp quests decide to clean up before moving on. you might get less xp for the quest you're overleveled for but the quest will still be a walk in the park which is the reason people want quest upscaling. you still can't just leave a quest for later if you want it to show any resistance.

besides, this thread isnt asking for "everything is the same level". only for quest upscaling. there's quite a bit of a difference.

Funny there is no "Put a frickin FOV slider in the game!" option.
Over on the gog forums, over 80 pages requesting this, and what do you devs do?
More GWENT crap updates instead.

Yes, I am angry.
Between the FOV and keybindings, its mostly unplayable.
Amd, no, you didnt fix the keybindings completely.
:(

I think after playing TW3 for a while most people are gonna be in agreement... The main quests should really scale. Or you simply dont get so much XP from main quests. The question really is does anyone think CDPR will ever address this? Im assuming in practice its probably not THAT trivial to integrate, especially if there's not already systems written for it...

The problem is the Main Quest Exp, is WAY to much, you can lvl even five times just doing the main quest, so you overlevel the content. The system is right, they need to nerf the EXP in the main quest,

I know there was a patch that allows players to buy the cards from the Merchant in White Orchard if missed by the Innkeeper. Is there anyway to update this for the Innkeeper for Kingfisher. I did not realize that this person was killed and it seems a little odd that patrons are still in the Inn with no one to serve them. Possibly an family member can take over the business or something along those lines.

Yes, I would think it would, since its mostly a console game first, pc second, just like TW2 was.
TW1 was a true pc game, too bad they go console first now.

Top Bottom