Twitch Drops arrive to GWENT!

+
"Upon entering a channel that’s streaming GWENT, a notification will appear on your screen informing you that the stream supports Twitch drops"

This doesn't happen for me, can someone clarify

i like the general idea since drops help to improve viewership but it should be limited to official channel and acknowledge(promoted by CDPR) smaller tournaments streams like gwentslam. So limit it to tournaments and increase drop rate. You may also start offcial game stream(asside from leek streams ) and give drops there.

The playgwent.com page says in the instructions: (remember to have Twitch drops enabled when watching a stream). I don't see anything Twitch drops related in the settings. Do i need to do anything else, besides linking my accounts ( i already did that ) ?

bilbo.baggins;n9999661 said:
The playgwent.com page says in the instructions: (remember to have Twitch drops enabled when watching a stream). I don't see anything Twitch drops related in the settings. Do i need to do anything else, besides linking my accounts ( i already did that ) ?

Yes, I wonder too where to enable drops.

chat bot whispered me I got Keen Observer title, but don't see it in titles, even after re-logging. guess it takes time

Anyone not receiving anything? I did link Gog with Twitch but got nothing after watching Ash's stream for two hours.
Also not recieving the "window notification" or whisper from the chart bot, not sure with the 100 dust though.

Last edited:
I've linked gog to twitch but i've no idea if the thing works, the page says that i should've gotten 100 powder after linking but i didn't received any info ingame so i don't know if it works properly or not. Also how do you know on twitch if you won anything at all?

Raunbjorn

alkozera;n10000291 said:
Hi! Thank you for your honest opinions! We would like to state that this program just started and is in its test phase, so community feedback is welcome. Additionally, we will be playing close attention to streamers sentiment regarding the topic so please keep it coming. If needs be we'll make adjustments.

And addressing some of the most frequently asked question - all you have to do to enable Twitch Drops is link GOG and Twitch accounts and simply watch streams. You will know that the stream supports Twitch Drops from the cdprojektred_chatbot in the stream's chat and if you are awarded you will receive a message from the bot.

Do you have anything for the console players on this matter? Some kind of statement would be nice. :)

Maguro2112 DMaster2

Titles will show up after the upcoming update.

And for those who are wondering, after linking your account, you'll need to watch the chat for the cdprojektred_chatbot message. Then you'll know you are eligible for the rewards.

Last edited:
Hi! Thank you for your honest opinions! We would like to state that this program just started and is in its test phase, so community feedback is welcome. Additionally, we will be paying close attention to streamers sentiment regarding the topic so please keep it coming. If needs be we'll make adjustments.

And addressing some of the most frequently asked question - all you have to do to enable Twitch Drops is link GOG and Twitch accounts and simply watch streams. You will know that the stream supports Twitch Drops from the cdprojektred_chatbot in the stream's chat and if you are awarded you will receive a message from the bot.

edit: sorry for double-posting, something went wrong ;)

Last edited:
What do you mean watch for the message?

There are messages every 2 seconds. Should this be directly at me? Isn't it a PM or something?

You can go to https://www.playgwent.com/en/twitch-drops and link your accounts for a CHANCE to get a Twitch drop of either 3 Kegs or 50 Meteorite Powder, every 30 minutes. You'll receive a notification and/or a PM from a bot if you got a drop.

I know people like to overreact but this seems like a bad idea. Jaggerous has a nice video about it. And ,as if making smaller channels obsolete isn't enough, it literally screws people not only out of kegs but also titles and whatever else they come up with. 3 kegs is a lot for new players.

Someone mentioned that linking accounts on consoles isn't possible because of Sony and Microsoft. They're right. Both console manufacturers have closed systems and they keep a tight shift on anything going through their consoles, because 3rd party software can mess everything up. However, that doesn't mean you should literally screw over a portion of your fanbase. If you can't make it available for everyone, don't make it available at all. Trackers are already a huge advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, aside from the discussion about how well this system is designed, when are the titles going to be in the game? I already got the notification that I earned the "Keen Observer" title, but it does not yet seem to be available in the game. Will this come with the new patch?

I did get 100 powder after reloging so it works.
Still got a question.
Every 30min 1 person on each gwent stream above 100 viewers get a reward or it's just every 30min 1 person from all gwent streams runnin win?

Raunbjorn

Snake_Foxhounder;n10000401 said:
I know people like to overreact but this seems like a bad idea. Jaggerous has a nice video about it. And ,as if making smaller channels obsolete isn't enough, it literally screws people not only out of kegs but also titles and whatever else they come up with. 3 kegs is a lot for new players.

Someone mentioned that linking accounts on consoles isn't possible because of Sony and Microsoft. They're right. Both console manufacturers have closed systems and they keep a tight shift on anything going through their consoles, because 3rd party software can mess everything up. However, that doesn't mean you should literally screw over a portion of your fanbase. If you can't make it available for everyone, don't make it available at all. Trackers are already a huge advantage.

Well said! You can say what you want about the Faction Battle but at least everyone was included/able to get the reward. Instead of excluding a lot of players they should focus on involving everyone.

Guys you start to forgeting how generous CDPR was and still is. If you look at other games there are also twitch promotions that affect only PC players. But it's even worst in other games. I remember many games with microtransactions that was offering free gifts when you install and use other programs like PlayTV and other that titles don't remember now. Or games that add bonuses if you buy something not relevant with game like Razor stuff. Or Twitch Prime giving free stuff but only for players in few countries supported by that (US, Canada and few Europe country - not including mine). That was not only Twitch prime but some other sites too don't remember names but remember how that was pissing off players. Or using Karma coins when they were not supported in Europe to gain free items. There was and there is many such offerts that can't be for every1 same time.
Still CDPR try to not give us such "retarded" promotions like other developpers. And situation we got here is only fault of Sony and Microsoft, not CDPR. Don't forget that.

Lyannen;n10000461 said:
So, aside from the discussion about how well this system is designed, when are the titles going to be in the game?

Titles will show up after the upcoming update.

Kingoko;n10000511 said:
Every 30min 1 person on each gwent stream above 100 viewers get a reward or it's just every 30min 1 person from all gwent streams runnin win?

For each stream a % of viewers is rewarded so the number of streamers currently broadcasting or number of concurrent viewers doesn't change your chance for a reward.

This is a really bad idea. All I'm doing is repeating the opinion of Jaggerous and many others. But just have a look at the TES:L community on Twitch. Look what happened when they reduced the Twitch drop frequencies.

Leave them up for tournaments, that makes sense, that's a high-quality production with good commentary. But as it is, especially if you increase the drop rate, you're going to create a toxic Twitch stream environment. The long-term consequences surely outweigh the short term advertising/marketing gain. Surely Instagram advertising would have a better RoI.

Do drops on a restream of the tournament, or on streams or videos on your official channel, just anything but this... I beg you...

Top Bottom