uh is CDPR aware of the new crashes after ps4 pro patch?

+
RastikX;n10656481 said:
What you are writing are lies. I'm not experiencing any crashes in any other games. I played more than 200+ hrs in DS3, more than 100hrs in Bloodborne, and around same amount in other games. No single crash. And now you are saying that it's because of my console, that just 1 game, out of 7 is crashing constantly? :D Just take a look at google - Witcher 3 crash. You don't even have to specify platform. Xbox, PC, PS4 - crashes, alot of video on how to prevent them, PC even have player mods to prevent crashes. It's not normal behaviour. Game gives me a chance to collect all kind of grass limitlessly, and then saying - woops, you can't actually do that, because of too big itemID numbers... What? :D Thats game design flaw. I sent every single report with a screenshot and video via PS4 platform. If CDProjekt want to fix this issue, they would do this long ago! Cmon, this game came out not even last year? And I have seen posts regarding too many crashes from 2015 - 2018. Srsly? :D And you are telling to all those people, that there are problems with your hardware, some itemID crap and so on? How many crash reports do they need? I personally sent ~50. Just in like 2-3 weeks :D That's obviously a game design flaw. You have to either play naked, and don't take any items (because game can't hold without a crash if you start to gather grass) or play it on PC by downloading from torrent and putting ontop needed player MODs... That's how I see this game now. And that's definitely not a 10/10 game.
Maybe it would be something like 8 or 9/10 if no crashes. But looking at google history people are whining regarding crashes from game release in 2015? :D

At least - inform your customers with all the needed information, to make this crash-o-dromme playable. Like - don't collect alchemy ingredients, they are for decoration only. Don't take any items from chests, too many items may crash your game, don't turn on your PS4 boost mode and so on...

No, I knew nothing from that. And just because of the crash amount this game became oficially the most Crashy game in my 30 years gaming experience... Somewhere on the same pedestal with Arcanum of Steamworks (that was less crashy). Good game, with interesting characters (abit too shallow) and good animation, pretty body slices. Abit clancy physics and with very unstable engine that can make this game unplayable.

1/10...

First of, learn to make a proper writing. If you write that way (without paragraphs) it's almost impossible for someone to read all that above. ;)

>Game gives me a chance to collect all kind of grass limitless, and then saying - Whoops, you can't actually do that, because of too big item ID numbers... What?

Yep that shouldn't happen even for an a big scaled game like the Witcher 3.

Should i ask, do you got any crashes with your inventory regardless the amount of items on the previous 1.30 patch?

>If CDPR want to fix this issue, they would do this long ago!

Why, are you familiar with the REDengine 3 and have some clues that CDPR is not aware off?

>...this game came out not even last year?

Nope, this game came out 19 May 2015.

>And just because of the crash amount this game became officially the most crashy game in my 30 years gaming experience.

It does crash (on some of you) but only with the latest 1.50 patch i assume.

And actually, while CDPR is aware of that situation, the only thing we can do on that matter is to wait.

Except you have a better idea. lol

Szesan;n10658441 said:
Sorry, but this is just another absolute nonsense.
I've worked on many projects with millions of lines of codes, and the amount of code is never an excuse for system critical errors.
Beyond a certain project size it doesn't matter whether its 6-700 000 loc or 6-7 million, because no one person can oversee all the code anyways.
It all comes down to coming up with a smart hierarchical structure to organize the source.

To give you an analogy:

Is it harder to find a street in the US, or in London?
here are way more streets in the US but it's not at all harder to find any specific street on the map, because the data is organized:
There are states --> counties --> cities --> districts etc.

Code is very similarly organized in software, if the amount of code causes any problems it is the developer's fault for not organizing it efficiently.

Programming errors does occur in any game, but games with a a larger and more complicated code have a tendency for having more errors and bugs.

And that's why debuggers are for anyway.

However, (and maybe that maybe the case with the latest patch, i don't know it's just a guess), the developer may have programmed a code that was intended to do one thing, but at the end it does something else that was not intended by the developer. That can lead to game glitches and bugs perhaps crashes as well.

Also, the developer may have also added code that references things that were not actually programmed in first place - and when the code is run, this may cause the game to crash.

Actually, how should i l know, I'm not a programmer. lol

Top Bottom