Ultimate Lighting Mod - Preview -

+
Do I just need to copy the files to the installation folder or do I need more mods? It's the first one I want to install as I just finished my first playthrough (I know it's late :p) and want to start NG+.

I'll go back to 1.10 on another save as soon as i experience any compatibility problems. KNG's mods are essential for me. He's one of the heroes of W3 modding. I simply cannot play without ULM.

This situation is really sad, but we must respect his decisions.

And, obviously, i must say: Thank you, KNG! We really love your mods. And thanks for this last update.

Trying to be hopeful here. Maybe he'll just stop uploading to the Nexus, while still posting here.

Last edited:
Guys,

Ultimate Lighting Mod Redux

I took v1.13 and expanded on it significantly.

1. Bug fix: previous environment hot key skipped a ULM when going from #1 back to the last one in the list
2. Bug fix: Turbo mode still active even when "Enable Custom Lighting" set to false
3. Improved: In-game notifications of ULM actions
4. Improved: Rebuilt menu system to better reflect ULM options
5. Added: New hot key to enable/disable ULM on-the-fly
6. Added: New "favorites" that can be defined in the menus and hot keys to switch to them while in-game
7. Added: New hot keys to define "favorites" while in-game

Installation:
1. Completely uninstall all previous versions of this mod.
1a. Remove all old KNGULM entries in \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml
1b. Delete kngmenu.xml from \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\
1c. Remove all KNGULM entries from input_qwerty.ini, input_azerty.ini, and input_qwertz.ini. These files are located in \bin\config\r4game\legacy\base

2. Install modCustomLocalizationFix v1.0.4
2a. Remove modMissingLocalizationStringFix from \Mods\ if you have that installed
2b. Ensuring localization.ini does NOT have UsePlaceholdersForMissingStrings = true. It HAS to be false. For this mod and every other mod. No one should be setting this to true ever again.
2c. Install modCustomLocalizationFix to \Mods\

3. Follow "input.xml Instructions.txt" for instructions on adding entries into \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml

4. Follow "input.settings Instructions.txt" for instructions on adding hot keys to <My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings

Attachments

• modKNGULM_v1.14_cvax_hotfixed.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Guys,

Ultimate Lighting Mod Redux

I took v1.13 and expanded on it significantly.

1. Bug fix: previous environment hot key skipped a ULM when going from #1 back to the last one in the list
2. Bug fix: Turbo mode still active even when "Enable Custom Lighting" set to false
3. Improved: In-game notifications of ULM actions
4. Improved: Rebuilt menu system to better reflect ULM options
5. Added: New hot key to enable/disable ULM on-the-fly
6. Added: New "favorites" that can be defined in the menus and hot keys to switch to them while in-game
7. Added: New hot keys to define "favorites" while in-game

Installation:
1. Completely uninstall all previous versions of this mod.
1a. Remove all old KNGULM entries in \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml
1b. Delete kngmenu.xml from \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\
1c. Remove all KNGULM entries from input_qwerty.ini, input_azerty.ini, and input_qwertz.ini. These files are located in \bin\config\r4game\legacy\base

2. Install modCustomLocalizationFix
2a. Remove modMissingLocalizationStringFix from \Mods\ if you have that installed
2b. Ensuring localization.ini does NOT have UsePlaceholdersForMissingStrings = true. It HAS to be false. For this mod and every other mod. No one should be setting this to true ever again.
2c. Install modCustomLocalizationFix to \Mods\

3. Follow "input.xml Instructions.txt" for instructions on adding entries into \bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml

4. Follow "input.settings Instructions.txt" for instructions on adding hot keys to <My Documents>\The Witcher 3\input.settings

I followed the instructions to the tee and I'm getting this error when trying to start the game: Error [modkngulm]local\kngultimatelightingmod.ws(512): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_IDENT, expecting ';', near 'GetWitcherPlayer'

Trajan,

Sorry, uploaded a new hotfix for it. Please redownload and try again.

Attachments

• modKNGULM_v1.14_cvax_hotfixed.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 50
It works great. Using it myself now! Althoug, I had to rebind most of the keys since my numpad was already in use by "other" mods. :geraltthatsgood:

Lol sorry about that. I knew it would happen, but fuck it. I bind keys to what I want by default!

Does it still have the custom colouriser option to mess around with R,B, and G?

Yes, those options were only used by the turbo to begin with so now they are merged into the "Turbo Mode" menu to better reflect that. You need turbo turned on to see color change impacts.

Is xtreme weather installed with ULM? Cause now I have a rain that last for a really long time and a lot of lightning^^ Also I have got something strange. I can't modify the fog myself. It goes from 0 to 0,01 only. Some other stuff do the same thing.

Also I don't quite understand what the envblend actually does^^ Yeah I am asking a lot sorry^^

Is xtreme weather installed with ULM? Cause now I have a rain that last for a really long time and a lot of lightning^^ Also I have got something strange. I can't modify the fog myself. It goes from 0 to 0,01 only. Some other stuff do the same thing.

Also I don't quite understand what the envblend actually does^^ Yeah I am asking a lot sorry^^

If you're using a controller in the settings menu, use a mouse instead

Attachments

• aWomKNY.jpg
    aWomKNY.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 78
  • ve8RZin.jpg
    ve8RZin.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 92
  • ISnR66a.jpg
    ISnR66a.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 83
Top Bottom