Upgrade patch 1.60 for Xbox One X is out! Additional PS4™ Pro patch coming soon.

+
EvolvedResolve;n10413472 said:
I literally just upgraded to a UHD 4K TV and from PS4 to a PS4 Pro.. and now just sitting here on my hands waiting for the PS4 HDR patch so I can begin Blood and Wine ... aaaaand waiting.

Well, i guess you could play Blood and Wine very well and without HDR. :p

Can i ask you as question? Do you get any crashes on vendors crafting gear and similar stuff?

EvolvedResolve;n10413472 said:
I literally just upgraded to a UHD 4K TV and from PS4 to a PS4 Pro.. and now just sitting here on my hands waiting for the PS4 HDR patch so I can begin Blood and Wine ... aaaaand waiting.

mark5916;n10415422 said:
Well, i guess you could play Blood and Wine very well and without HDR. :p

Can i ask you as question? Do you get any crashes on vendors crafting gear and similar stuff?

Ha, yes.. I likely will fire it up today. Of course, knowing my luck.. I'll get around 75% complete and then the patch will come out and make the resolution 15-25% better. Then I'll be tempted to start it over AGAIN in order to take in Toussaint in all it's proper glory. Naturally, this can all be remedied by doing a NG+ on DM.

Re: system crashes w/ inventory and such, I haven't experienced it at all (thank Dagon). I'm rolling with both 1.50 and 1.51 patches. Where is this occurring for you; in the main game or an expansion?

EvolvedResolve;n10418262 said:
Ha, yes.. I likely will fire it up today. Of course, knowing my luck.. I'll get around 75% complete and then the patch will come out and make the resolution 15-25% better. Then I'll be tempted to start it over AGAIN in order to take in Toussaint in all it's proper glory. Naturally, this can all be remedied by doing a NG+ on DM.

Re: system crashes w/ inventory and such, I haven't experienced it at all (thank Dagon). I'm rolling with both 1.50 and 1.51 patches. Where is this occurring for you; in the main game or an expansion?

I haven't encountered any yet, but other people have. But I'm only level 8.

I just try to figure out, why some people getting crashes (blue screen with an error massage) and others not.

You can read more about here:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...port/playstation-4-aa/9864631-inventory-crash

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...rash-after-crafting-witcher-swords-ce-34878-0

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...e-crash-and-super-fan-noise-after-update-1-51

Can i ask, what's your level, if you have crafted successfully any Witcher gear yet, or if you get any weird (high) fan noises from your PS4 Pro occasionally whilst playing?

Thanks!

mark5916;n10419142 said:
I haven't encountered any yet, but other people have. But I'm only level 8.

I just try to figure out, why some people getting crashes (blue screen with an error massage) and others not.

You can read more about here:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...port/playstation-4-aa/9864631-inventory-crash

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...rash-after-crafting-witcher-swords-ce-34878-0

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...e-crash-and-super-fan-noise-after-update-1-51

Can i ask, what's your level, if you have crafted successfully any Witcher gear yet, or if you get any weird (high) fan noises from your PS4 Pro occasionally whilst playing?

Thanks!

Yeah, that's wild that some users experience it and others do not. Must be extremely frustrating to not even be able to enjoy the game and to have been waiting on a fix for so long..

I'm at Level 40, after having completed the main game, Hearts of Stone and just beginning (restarting) Blood & Wine. I have every weapon/armor set "Mastercrafted". I'm currently using the Mastercrafted Wolven Armor, Wolven Steel sword and Ursine Silver sword. My character build is 55% Combat, 45% Alchemy and 10% Sign. I've not noticed any excessive fan noise from the console, whatsoever. (*crosses fingers*, *knocks wood*, etc)

EvolvedResolve;n10419392 said:
Yeah, that's wild that some users experience it and others do not. Must be extremely frustrating to not even be able to enjoy the game and to have been waiting on a fix for so long..

I'm at Level 40, after having completed the main game, Hearts of Stone and just beginning (restarting) Blood & Wine. I have every weapon/armor set "Mastercrafted". I'm currently using the Mastercrafted Wolven Armor, Wolven Steel sword and Ursine Silver sword. My character build is 55% Combat, 45% Alchemy and 10% Sign. I've not noticed any excessive fan noise from the console, whatsoever. (*crosses fingers*, *knocks wood*, etc)

OK, that's nice to hear man. :)

One last question though.

Did you started the game with the latest non 4K patch (so 1.31) and then updated the game to the 1.50/1.51 patch, or you game relies completely on the latest patch from the beginning of your game-play?

I assume you play on the default 1TB HDD PS4 Pro drive.

Thanks! ;)

mark5916;n10420762 said:
OK, that's nice to hear man. :)

One last question though.

Did you started the game with the latest non 4K patch (so 1.31) and then updated the game to the 1.50/1.51 patch, or you game relies completely on the latest patch from the beginning of your game-play?

I assume you play on the default 1TB HDD PS4 Pro drive.

Thanks! ;)

I originally played the main game, HoS, and about 3-4 hours of B&W on a regular PS4. I updated w/ a patch anytime one became available. Then I acquired a PS4 Pro last Friday and decided to reload a save when the Blood and Wine Expansion begins. Since then, I've only tooled around for and hour or so.. just passing time whilst waiting for the new patch basically - not completing quests or anything. So it's entirely possible I haven't had enough time to experience the inventory glitch and/or the excessive fan noise whilst running "yet". And yes, I have the 1TB HDD PS4 Pro (Battlefront II Edition)

EvolvedResolve;n10420892 said:
I originally played the main game, HoS, and about 3-4 hours of B&W on a regular PS4. I updated w/ a patch anytime one became available. Then I acquired a PS4 Pro last Friday and decided to reload a save when the Blood and Wine Expansion begins. Since then, I've only tooled around for and hour or so.. just passing time whilst waiting for the new patch basically - not completing quests or anything. So it's entirely possible I haven't had enough time to experience the inventory glitch and/or the excessive fan noise whilst running "yet". And yes, I have the 1TB HDD PS4 Pro (Battlefront II Edition)

>So it's entirely possible I haven't had enough time to experience the inventory glitch and/or the excessive fan noise whilst running "yet".

Yes, that could be a reason.

We are on the same board more or less. Because i did something similar.

I owned the regular PS4. But i didn't transferred the save(s) files over to my new PS4 Pro.

I just started over. I completed the main game (all of it) and the first expansion, but on the 1.31 patch.

Also to mention i sold the game even if i had purchased the expansions through PSN store, and purchased the G.O.T.Y. edition, for having everything into one disc!

I updated then to the latest 1.50 patch but i did already started Blood and Wine.

Nothing important is happened that would be worth mentioning, but i didn't messed around the game enough either. lol

Anyway those 3 or 4 hours that i was running that second expansion, no crashes has been occurred.

Also to mention i was at level 47, had over 400 hours invested on that game, and i was completely satisfied about the performance of the PS4 Pro with boost mode activated.

Unfortunately i can't say the same with the latest 1.50 patch.

Now, i just started over again, relying completely on the 1.50 patch. But performance suffers a lot on my console at instances.

Oh well, i guess you can't have both, so better graphics and decent frame-rates.

Remember, I'am playing an a 1080p TV!

Last edited:
mark5916;n10421002 said:
>So it's entirely possible I haven't had enough time to experience the inventory glitch and/or the excessive fan noise whilst running "yet".

Yes, that could be a reason.

We are on the same board more or less. Because i did something similar.

I owned the regular PS4. But i didn't transferred the save(s) files over to my new PS4 Pro.

I just started over. I completed the main game (all of it) and the first expansion, but on the 1.31 patch.

Also to mention i sold the game even if i had purchased the expansions through PSN store, and purchased the G.O.T.Y. edition, for having everything into one disc!

I updated then to the latest 1.50 patch but i did already started Blood and Wine.

Nothing important is happened that would be worth mentioning, but i didn't messed around the game enough either. lol

Anyway those 3 or 4 hours that i was running that second expansion, no crashes has been occurred.

Also to mention i was at level 47, had over 400 hours invested on that game, and i was completely satisfied about the performance of the PS4 Pro with boost mode activated.

Unfortunately i can't say the same with the latest 1.50 patch.

Now, i just started over again, relying completely on the 1.50 patch. But performance suffers a lot on my console at instances.

Oh well, i guess you can't have both, so better graphics and decent frame-rates.

Remember, I'am playing an a 1080p TV!

Right on, I got you. My situation is sort of confusing, even for myself now, that I'm thinking about it. What I stated was correct, but I left out some info I didn't feel was relevant. I actually played through and beat the main game originally on old PS4. The console died and I lost all my saves. I then got another regular PS4, started from scratch and about midway through.. I got a PS4 Pro. Played for 2-3 weeks on that and then sold it (my wife wanted something or another). THEN I bought a PS4 "Slim", started all over AGAIN because saves wouldn't transfer over.. so I played on that console through the main campaign, HoS and just started B&W on the Pro. Confusing enough yet? Lol. Even more frustrating for myself over the weekend was contemplating trading in the PS4 Pro for an Xbox One X, but I've managed to hold my ground and what's left of my sanity.

400 hours is pretty impressive! Have you completed B&W? What does your character build look like at 47?

After the release of patch 1.50 on PS4 Pro, a problem with FPS appeared, instead of stable 30 FPS the frame rate sags to 20-24, and this manifests itself not only in swamps, but in addition Blood and Wine for example, micro friezes are felt, especially when you skip on horses in the fields. Well, a number of other problems described above also have a place to be, including a little tweaked animation of the characters in the dialogues. I would like to see the patch 1.60+ for PS4 Pro, which will finally fix all these problems! Perhaps lowering the dynamic resolution of 2160c to dynamic 1800c will help solve this problem. Already tired of waiting for this patch! And I would very much like that all the game menus work quickly and smoothly, and not with a wild delay / lag!

Last edited:
Ivanka535;n10421172 said:
I fully support the post above! After the release of patch 1.50 on PS4 Pro, a problem with FPS appeared, instead of stable 30 FPS the frame rate sags to 20-24, and this manifests itself not only in swamps, but in addition Blood and Wine for example, micro friezes are felt, especially when you skip on horses in the fields. Well, a number of other problems described above also have a place to be, including a little tweaked animation of the characters in the dialogues. I would like to see the patch 1.60+ for PS4 Pro, which will finally fix all these problems! Perhaps lowering the dynamic resolution of 2160c to dynamic 1800c will help solve this problem. Already tired of waiting for this patch! And I would very much like that all the game menus work quickly and smoothly, and not with a wild delay / lag!

I know you were referencing another poster.. but may I ask if you run with Blur and/or Motion Blur on?

Ivanka535;n10421172 said:
After the release of patch 1.50 on PS4 Pro, a problem with FPS appeared, instead of stable 30 FPS the frame rate sags to 20-24, and this manifests itself not only in swamps, but in addition Blood and Wine for example, micro friezes are felt, especially when you skip on horses in the fields. Well, a number of other problems described above also have a place to be, including a little tweaked animation of the characters in the dialogues. I would like to see the patch 1.60+ for PS4 Pro, which will finally fix all these problems! Perhaps lowering the dynamic resolution of 2160c to dynamic 1800c will help solve this problem. Already tired of waiting for this patch! And I would very much like that all the game menus work quickly and smoothly, and not with a wild delay / lag!

>Perhaps lowering the dynamic resolution of 2160c to dynamic 1800c will help solve this problem.

I'm afraid The Witcher 3 doesn't support dynamic resolution on the PS4 Pro.

It's just Supersampling of rendering the game at 4K and then scaling it down into a lower resolution on 1080p TVs or Monitors.

EvolvedResolve;n10421122 said:
Right on, I got you. My situation is sort of confusing, even for myself now, that I'm thinking about it. What I stated was correct, but I left out some info I didn't feel was relevant. I actually played through and beat the main game originally on old PS4. The console died and I lost all my saves. I then got another regular PS4, started from scratch and about midway through.. I got a PS4 Pro. Played for 2-3 weeks on that and then sold it (my wife wanted something or another). THEN I bought a PS4 "Slim", started all over AGAIN because saves wouldn't transfer over.. so I played on that console through the main campaign, HoS and just started B&W on the Pro. Confusing enough yet? Lol. Even more frustrating for myself over the weekend was contemplating trading in the PS4 Pro for an Xbox One X, but I've managed to hold my ground and what's left of my sanity.

400 hours is pretty impressive! Have you completed B&W? What does your character build look like at 47?

That's quite a story. lol

>What does your character build look like at 47?

I must load a save file from my USB drive to the PS4 Pro to show you...

No, i haven't completed B&W, but i invested more than 10 hours on that expansion. ;)

Here we go:

https://imgur.com/a/cAod0

Last edited:
mark5916;n10421922 said:
That's quite a story. lol

>What does your character build look like at 47?

I must load a save file from my USB drive to the PS4 Pro to show you...

No, i haven't completed B&W, but i invested more than 10 hours on that expansion. ;)

Here we go:

https://imgur.com/a/cAod0

Fantastic, thanks for sharing! Do you have a pic of your skill tree by any chance? How are you taking photos before transferring to USB?

EvolvedResolve;n10426862 said:
Fantastic, thanks for sharing! Do you have a pic of your skill tree by any chance? How are you taking photos before transferring to USB?

When I go home, I'll show you. ;) (~2 hours from now)

Last edited:
No Title

mark5916;n10427932 said:
When I go home, I'll show you. ;) (~2 hours from now)

I'll give this a shot.. I only just now learned you can take screenshots, lol. I'll share my skill tree once I get to the mutations upgrade (again).

Attachments

• photo196142.jpg
    photo196142.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 31
EvolvedResolve;n10428682 said:
I'll give this a shot.. I only just now learned you can take screenshots, lol. I'll share my skill tree once I get to the mutations upgrade (again).

Well, it would be better for disabling the HUD before you make a screenshot.

How to:

Main screen: OPTIONS-> DISPLAY-> HUD CONFIGURATION-> HUD Visibility ON - OFF

Then you will get similar pictures as the below:

https://imgur.com/a/yEfEG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

>Do you have a pic of your skill tree by any chance?

https://imgur.com/a/JJFnC

Last edited:
when will new 1.6 patch for ps4 pro coming? weve been waiting for too long! and really looking forward to it, HDR support and bug fixed, thxxxx aaaaaaaa lot

mark5916;n10421862 said:
I'm afraid The Witcher 3 doesn't support dynamic resolution on the PS4 Pro.
It's just Supersampling of rendering the game at 4K and then scaling it down into a lower resolution on 1080p TVs or Monitors.
Supersampling comes with a higher resolution, in this case with 2160с, you can limit this resolution to 1800с, or less. This should reduce the load on the CPU (In theory).

Last edited:
Top Bottom