Was Geralt really a rider of the Wild Hunt?

+
Was Geralt really a rider of the Wild Hunt?

In the quest Secrets of Loc Muinne Cynthia reveals that Geralt was a rider of the hunt. If it's true why is it such a small detail and there aren't any references to that?

Keep playing :p

When Geralt meets Letho in Loc Muinne, Geralt remembers everything, and why he had to join them for a while.

What concerns me more, and what I'm hoping TW3 will answer, are the questions

What did Geralt do while he rode with the Wild Hunt?

How did he escape, or why did the Wild Hunt let him go?

I would be gratified but not surprised to find that the answers are dark ones.

They will be dark for sure. I remember one of the dev diaries about Witcher 2 where one of the writers said that Geralt can't be proud of everything he has done in the past. I don't think he was talking about joining Letho in search of the Hunt.

It's far more likely Geralt has escaped. In the Witcher 1 Geralt says he remembered the King of the Hunt and his party chasing him through the forest.

Last edited:
Wait, I didn't played 2 yet but- why the one witcher (Geralt ) joined wild hunt? They slay monsters etc. Was he forced to join or something else?

I tried on my crappy pc but I got 7 fps hahahah. Now playing dragon age 2 after origins then I will replay witcher 1. Hope for new pc soon

What concerns me more, and what I'm hoping TW3 will answer, are the questions

What did Geralt do while he rode with the Wild Hunt?

How did he escape, or why did the Wild Hunt let him go?

I would be gratified but not surprised to find that the answers are dark ones.

These question hopefully get answered in TW3. What interests me even more is if Geralt was aware of what he was doing while he rode with the Hunt. The game also got never into detail in this regard. And why Eredin excepted so quickly Geralts offer to join them. Though it maybe once again concerns Ciri. Maybe Eredin thought he could convince Ciri to join the Hunt too, like Geralt, when she sees him riding with them.

Also isn't this game written by the book- so how we don't know what was before intro of Witcher 1??? Is there anything in the books?

Also isn't this game written by the book- so how we don't know what was before intro of Witcher 1??? Is there anything in the books?

The books end with Geralt's "death", and with him and Yen being transported to Avallach. Everything after that was invented for the games. And, apart from Letho, nobody knew what had happened, so nobody could update Geralt on that period of his history during his amnesia. Except Letho, and even he only knows it up to the point where Geralt traded himself for Yen.

My pet theory:
Avallach is making a power play, he alerted Eredin to Geralt and Yens hideout on his Island, he formed the Witchers of the Viper centuries ago to aid Geralt, he is perhaps advising Emhyr, he freed Geralt from the Hunt, and is using Yen and Geralt to draw out Ciri and perhaps topple Eredin from power. I see his long term goal as changing the Aen Elle, redeeming them perhaps and reuniting them with the Aen Sidhe. Leaving humanity alone and going away.
Probably wrong.

My pet theory:
Avallach is making a power play, he alerted Eredin to Geralt and Yens hideout on his Island, he formed the Witchers of the Viper centuries ago to aid Geralt, he is perhaps advising Emhyr, he freed Geralt from the Hunt, and is using Yen and Geralt to draw out Ciri and perhaps topple Eredin from power. I see his long term goal as changing the Aen Elle, redeeming them perhaps and reuniting them with the Aen Sidhe. Leaving humanity alone and going away.
Probably wrong.
Wrong or not, I like this theory...Internal Aen Elle conflict would be interesting.

My pet theory:
Probably wrong.

That is a good theory.

Another theory ( @Synvael helped me with this :p)

From the Elder Blood trailer, we see the village that the Wild Hunt rode into freeze of Cold and Snow and Ice, which either means that they are using magic to scare peasants by freezing the wind around them, or that the Prophecy of Ithlienne did not mean the Witcher world, but the world that the Aen Elle went to (even though the Witcher world will have an Ice age 3000 years in the future), so that explains the cold that came into that village, though in the books there was no mention of it happening in the Aen Elle world while Ciri was there, I guess they did not expect it and it started freezing their world, so that explains why Eredin did not wait for Ciri at the Spiral and went after Geralt and Yennefer to draw her out also aided by your theory that Avallach may actually want to reign over the Aen Elle to save them from the coming blizzard instead, believing that his methods are better (or that he actually foresaw the blizzard coming) that he told Eredin the location of the Apple Tree Island and indirectly started the School of the Viper Witcher school to aid Geralt in the future.

Reading that again gave me a headache :p

Though I am really interested in what CDPR decided to do with the Wild Hunt in Witcher 3, I really hope the game releases in May 19th and doesn't get delayed again :p

Last edited:
Im pretty lost right now :/

It's all speculation, so don't get distraught over it. Nobody knows what the Wild Hunt is after, except that they want Ciri. Because she's the last of the Elder Blood, because she has the power to open the Gate of the Worlds, for other reasons not known to us yet, we can speculate all we want but do not actually know.

Top Bottom