Way of the Witcher revealed!

+

ya1

Forum regular
Not really. It says summon a "different copy". So the first copy that's consumed only plays for 4pts. No one is wasting Caranthir on this card so you'd have to then add two copies so it can maybe play for 8 or more.

Yeah. You gotta play it earlier in the game so that it's in graveyard in R3. Once that is done, the second one is a Ruehin for 4 turns. You can use it for dry pass, for example. The first one can count like 4 body 4/8-ish carryover. Pretty cool design. I like it.

Guest 4375874

Is that a joke ?
During the last turns she is a 4 base str card that can up to 4 times convert consumes into 4 points.
Assuming we assign 2 points to each Consume (for the consuming card) that would be 2 points assigned to Succubus and thus 4+4*2=12 value.
Is a 12 for 5, that requires some setup (getting 1 copy into the graveyard) good ?
For a comparison, this card is a 1 base str smaller Detlaff: Higher Vampire, which can only be used near the end of a round and can be revived 4, instead of just 2 times, for 5 rather than 10 provisions.
The card is most definitely solid in the right decks.
At this point we have so many consume synergetic cards that I would prefer we would again get some good consumers (Chimera does not count as that is a Swarm support card), although we do have a couple of good consuming card.
Wouldn't you need to activate deathwish? meaning you need consume units in your hand. How are you getting 4 converts?Before that you would even have to play a copy for only 4 for 5 which in this meta, is quite a few points lost in the hopes that you draw the next.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah. You gotta play it earlier in the game so that it's in graveyard in R3. Once that is done, the second one is a Ruehin for 4 turns. You can use it for dry pass, for example. The first one can count like 4 body 4/8-ish carryover. Pretty cool design. I like it.
In my mind I can't see that as a 4pt carry over when you essentially lost 4 pts by playing the first card instead of something like Rotfiend. You are losing potential points so you can maybe get those points later. That put's you right back where you started. The only way this is viable is if you can somehow create a copy and Caranthir would be wasted on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arch Griffin:

Not convinced at all by this card. It´s just a 5 for 10 with boost carry over potential. Worst of all those new fraction beast. Huge removal risk. Only limited tutoring opportunities (Ambitious Assault does not work). And NR is also not the fraction having other advantage than points from tall units.

Hmm a card that doesn't create any boosts of it's own and just carries stuff over and has just 5 base power... doesn't sound that great for 10 provision.

Guest 4375874

Hmm a card that doesn't create any boosts of it's own and just carries stuff over and has just 5 base power... doesn't sound that great for 10 provision.
well it does synergize well with their pincer maneuver... :shrug: but it's the same problem with the Succubus card. These offer carry over points that you could have allocated to a separate card earlier in the game. They are playable if somehow you have a big enough advantage in R1 where you can afford to play a 4 for 5 or a 5 for 10 without it costing you the round. it's high risk, high reward which isn't a bad thing though I'm not convinced that style of play synergizes well with MO. NR can very likely pull that off

Last edited by a moderator:

ya1

Forum regular
You are losing potential points so you can maybe get those points later.

That's the definition of carryover.

In my mind I can't see that as a 4pt carry over when you essentially lost 4 pts by playing the first card instead of something like Rotfiend. (...) That put's you right back where you started.

Well, you play a 4 for 5 to later play 16 for 5 (conditional on having 4 consumes) so it's average of 10 for 5. Not all that great, really, because you probably gotta pack weird stuff like Kayran, but not too bad.

Guest 4375874

That's the definition of carryover.
I doubt that since I'm speaking specifically to this cards requirements. Arch Griffin by comparison just requires drawing the card in the next round whereas Succubus still requires interaction with another card and the hope that the first copy isn't banished in the two turns it will take you to activate the second...assuming neither cards get locked along the way. One card requires setup hence my saying "maybe" getting those points. That's not worth all the hoops you'll have to jump through to actually pull it off

I don’t see Succubus getting much play. Too much has to go right to get value, it has to be played late in the round to be score big (when you might want to play other cards), it requires a lot of compromise to get enough consumes in a deck, and it’s not as though monsters lacks good, cheap bronze cards.

I really hope these rumored location cards won't end up being some more overpowered scenarios. This expansion looks great so far but that could really ruin things.

I really hope these rumored location cards won't end up being some more overpowered scenarios. This expansion looks great so far but that could really ruin things.
They are restricted to be 9-10p cards at most, so I doubt they would do something as crazy as Scenarios.

the artwork in Gwent is my main hook in this game - and this is the first time ever it's really struck me as 'off'.
I also paused over the different style there

The art style of Gwent isn't always consistent. Most of the time, the characters look pretty realistic but sometimes you get cards like this:

1607074387305.png

It looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Tim Burton's stuff but I don't understand the random changes in style. Seems like an odd design choice.

They are restricted to be 9-10p cards at most, so I doubt they would do something as crazy as Scenarios.
Wasn't the entire point of Scenarios to portray locations and events though? Like Passiflora and Gedyneith.
Maybe they are Scenarios with only 2 chapters instead.

The art style of Gwent isn't always consistent. Most of the time, the characters look pretty realistic but sometimes you get cards like this:

View attachment 11070917

It looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie. Don't get me wrong, I like Tim Burton's stuff but I don't understand the random changes in style. Seems like an odd design choice.
I actually like changing art Styles. Keeps the game fresh.

Wasn't the entire point of Scenarios to portray locations and events though? Like Passiflora and Gedyneith.
No, it really wasn't.
Sure, a few of them represent iconic locations/events, but most others don't (like Monsters, Scoia'tael, NR or NG).

Apparently Dire Bears has been nerfed to 8 points
7 Power, 9 Provisions.
Was just thinking about one thing:

- If i Activate Syanna Before paying the Tribute 9 of Salamander will it poison every unit twice killing everything? Or does it check the coins available for tribute twice?

7 Power, 9 Provisions.
Was just thinking about one thing:

- If i Activate Syanna Before paying the Tribute 9 of Salamander will it poison every unit twice killing everything? Or does it check the coins available for tribute twice?
Yes, however you'll need Luiza as well to pull that off as you'll have to pay the tribute twice.

Yes, I thought the same think as soon as I saw the provision cost.

Given the limited ways to remove artifacts, I hope the new Scenarios (if the remaining cards are Scenarios!) are not too powerful.

Top Bottom