We want to hear your questions!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is simple what will be/or is the main gameplay perspective for Cyberpunk? Is it a First person perspective like in let's say shooters or Portal games or will it be Third person like in Mass Effect games or a mix like in Deus Ex Human Revolution?

Will players customization choice (gender, role, looks, background) yeld in different paths and outcomes or event different quests entirely eg: split chapter II dependant if you choose male or female character?

...or put it simply

what role will customization feature play in the game (will it have weight and impact or purely fun factor)?

PS I hope the locations you will build will be teeming with life accordingly ;) (warzone with potential threat encounters, corporate zone, downtown... all with unique "flora and fauna") I just cant wait. Sorry for the digression!

Are you still looking for people for this role or should I put my CV into the bin?

http://cdpred.com/quest-designer-2-2/ )

PS. All the best with developing a game that changes the way people play RPGs :)

Will we be able to create our character (Class (or characteristics), appearance, gender, etc...) or it will be a fixed character like Gerald ?

Please, the first one !

first off i want to say i love you guys.

my question is:

when you used the word "Mature" to describe this new game,what do you actually mean?

you see my friend thinks you guys are trying to make a "try hard" game.(aka using lots of Profanity,over the top violence,nudity to shock people)trying hard to look "mature".

How tech-heavy will you go in the game?
What i mean is, will subtle cyberware and handguns be the norm or will full-conversion 'borgs with rail guns and Heavy Metal -type vehicles be very prevalent?

nervous_testpilot (among a lot of things he is the composer of the Frozen Synapse Soundtrack) offered his help on Twitter for composing the music of Cyberpunk:
>>if CD Projekt need a musician for the Cyberpunk RPG, I'm here. Just sayin'<<
https://twitter.com/nrvststpilot/status/208526296802791425

Is there a chance for a co-operation between nervous_testpilot and CD Projekt RED regarding the Cyberpunk game?

MrStrato said:
nervous_testpilot (among a lot of things he is the composer of the Frozen Synapse Soundtrack) offered his help on Twitter for composing the music of Cyberpunk:
>>if CD Projekt need a musician for the Cyberpunk RPG, I'm here. Just sayin'<<
https://twitter.com/nrvststpilot/status/208526296802791425

Is there a chance for a co-operation between nervous_testpilot and CD Projekt RED regarding the Cyberpunk game?
Whoaa, cool i love frozen synapse ost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8ohITEAgk

TrollTraya said:
Will we be able to create our character (Class (or characteristics), appearance, gender, etc...) or it will be a fixed character like Gerald ?

Please, the first one !

This question has already been answered to some extent, although we don't know the specifics, such as whether you can play both genders, whether there will be different origin stories or changes to the main quest narrative based on your class (in Cyberpunk2020, the classes are called "roles"), etc., we do know the player character will be at least somewhat customizable and not based on a single predefined protagonist like Geralt.

For example, see this interview

Your studio has always emphasized storytelling, and it seems like Cyberpunk's protagonist will vary a bit from how you approached things in The Witcher. Whereas the Witcher series used Geralt, who had his own pre-conceived biases and opinions, Cyberpunk is letting players customize their characters a bit more. Will this change the way you approachCyberpunk's narrative?

AB: Well, ideally, we don't want to change anything. The most exciting element is to blend character customization with a story-driven game. It's a challenge, but we're really excited.

Q: So how do you plan to overcome those challenges? Something like Skyrim, for example, has a lot of customization, but its story is less about the character and more about the world.The Witcher's story, meanwhile, really played up Geralt's history, his personality, and things like that.

AB: We're not really sure yet. I mean, there's no one true workflow when making RPG games, but we’re trying to combine things, we're mixing different ideas. But we've been very impressed withSkyrim, particularly in how they've made that game and its content so diverse.

MI: In terms of what you can expect from us, you can expect a rich story, and there won't be any easy shortcuts that say, "Hey! You're this unknown guy..." You know?

AB: The idea for Cyberpunk is quite simple. You have this universe... and it goes back to what you were asking before. The license aggregates all ideas about cyberpunk as a genre. It has elements of Blade Runner, it's futuristic, but it's also a bit retro... there's almost everything in this universe. We have a lot of experience with storytelling after making The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2, and we have to use it. We're not going to make compromises when it comes to that, and I think what we're doing will surprise our fans.

is this set in the future or a alternate universe, if in a alt universe how much back story are you planning on creating?

hboy95 said:
is this set in the future or a alternate universe, if in a alt universe how much back story are you planning on creating?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

Some of the questions here could be answered with a little bit of research.

LOL!!!!!!..........................

Me thinks some people made new accounts to ask more than one question ;-)

My question is....................

Will the setting be a totally new designed by CDPR(You know like name of the planet, country, state, city etc) or just a mimic of a current location?(New York, L.A. Miaimi etc.....)

GeraltTheRiv said:
Me thinks some people made new accounts to ask more than one question ;-)
It's possible that some of the people with only one post are people from the community that's into the Cyberpunk tabletop game. They'd be interested in a Cyberpunk computer game but might not have played the Witcher games, so this thread would be their first entrance into our community here.

To any such people, welcome. Now go play The Witcher. ;)

I'd love to know how classes (roles) will work with gameplay. It's hard to imagine the same playstyle for, say, cop, netrunner and corporate. Those roles require completely different playstyle. So I wonder how it will work.

Will it be by limiting available classes(for example, only fighter classes, or only techies etc), or by introducing companion NPCs to cover up for weaknesses of your chosen class(for example, techie will have to get some hired guns, and fighters will need to have a pet hacker), or by making several paths of gameplay (so fighter classes can fight through the mobs, techies will have to find the way around dangerous place etc), or by making enemy NPCs react differently to different classes (more mobs or stronger mobs for fighter classes, or even different mobs to attack different classes)?

I understand, it may be a little too early for such question, but I would love to hear anything on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom