What are your opinions on the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher

+
now finished the game finally :peace: what an awesome experience it was, near flawless, a masterpiece! the ending satisfied me and left me craving for a sequel ;)one thing I was disappointed with though at the end of the game was the total neglection of the love story of the game :( I felt myself missing Triss as the game end :whatthe: more love, where is the love!

I 'm in the half of chapter 2. When i finish i 'll have much more full opinion.The game runs very smoothly. I didn't have many problems before, but now it's .. i can say perfect.The inventory is far better now. The cutscene from Kaer Morhen to Vizima it's awesome. Yes, the dice poker is harder and i like it. The english voice-overs are sometimes better and sometimes a bit flat. I love the new Gramps. He sounds as he must. :evil: I laughed with Geralt's response to the boatman. And i love playing with the Polish voice overs and English subtitles! ( I tried out all the languages and i laughed with the Spanish Geralt: he sounds a bit nervous and hasty... :D )But why beloved CDproject, why didn't you add an autosave before the battle with the Beast at chapter 1? ??? OK, it doesn't bother me a lot, but it would be of great help.

Eriash said:
On behalf of CD Projekt RED i wanted to thank everyone for opinions.
You're welcome! 8)
Eriash said:
All this feedback is very important and valuable for us!
Cool. Ummmm, since you've responded recently, and you're a CDPR 'person' .. umm .. What do I have to do to get the little "Game Owner" icon next to my profile stuff here in the forums?! I've checked every Profile screen, every sub-menu I can get to, every option EVERYwhere that I can look at .. and I can't find the place to toggle that little 'brag icon' letting everyone know that I'm a proud E.E. owner! :p

Kinne said:
This is my first posting, Really like the Game BUT in my game the Quest bag is full, and i cant get rid of any old things. I have the Enhanced version. Would really appreciate some help, as i cant do any more quests with no room in the bag
Your quest bag never gets full. There are arrows on the left and rigt side so you can toggle through all your quest items. Quest items you don't need anymore and which needn't to hand out to quest relevant persons, etc. you can't remove. But as you quest bag has endless space it doesn't matter.
Kinne said:
I laughed with Geralt's response to the boatman.
Yes I had a good laugh there as well because I expected the usual repeated small talk :D

do you see that little black wolfhead icon immediately to the right of Petra Silie's (or my) avatar ? that's what happens when your registration is successful.did you register your game under a different username or email address? that could be your problem .. otherwise, whatever you did, did not result in getting your game registeredbut with an electronic download, i don't think that even with the registration you'll get anything physical, sorry!

So far, with regards to voice-acting, I like the original English voices better.1)In the Outro, the guy who gave the gold sounded like Geralt in EE (in orig, he even has lisp), and Foltest's voice is not as deep as original.2)Lambert and Berengar seem to sound better in original.3)Azar, the Professor, and Kalstein are definitely much better in the original, capturing the characters very well.Not sure who sounds better in EE.

Having just finished the EE version and the game in general for the 1st time, although I did purchase it last year when it came out, I am left with only one wordWOW!What an amazing game. Thank you CD Projekt RED for making a game that is a RPG masterpiece[ghost]

Although i was glad to play The Enhanced Edition i feel i must adress an issue. The retail version whitch i want to buy hasn't arrived yet. After almost one full month since the release of Enhanced Edition. The local distributor knows nothing and brags about it with words like "How should we know?","It's not our fault, we know absolutley nothing" so since Atari is all but unreacheable from Romania i turn to you CdPRojeckt. There is a great number of people here in Romania who want to buy the retail box and we can't get it. You really should do something about that. It's your game after all.

For those who wonder in more details what are the big hit/miss at first impression of EE here they are:Hit: - FREE UPDATE! Thank you again to CDProjekt for this! - Opening map and any other panel while you play the game is significantly faster - Significantly faster game map loading. - Smoother game play (higher fps) (well on my system) - Faster sword switching (it may be related to the above item) - New inventory system, where you can organize your items. Very nice addition I must say. - When you sleep, the background music/sound gets muffled during the camera 360 spinning, a very nice effect. - New autorun window screen - Adventure editorMisses: - In game progress bar still buggy as before. - Icon in Windows Games Explorer Windows under Vista, still shows a gray box around it. - No progress bar during the application of the EE patch. - Like before, Windows cursor loses animation and shadow when exiting the game. - Game still run at 60Hz in full screen (I have a CRT, and it give me headache at 60Hz. It can do 85Hz! Every other game doesn't have this issue) - Badly explain patch upgrade instructions, I thought I needed the English patch, EE update, and the additional adventure game, but everything is included in the main EE patch. - 16x16 blue disk icon scaled to 32x32 icon in uninstall panel in Vista, and not the game icon showing or a proper icon with all it's format. - Untested registration system. - Saved Games still not in "Saved Games" folder in Vista. - Map Editor doesn't integrate to user OS. Heck it doesn't even use Windows own save/open dialog box. Does not follow Microsoft UI Guidelines. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511331.aspx) - Map Editor has progress bar that loops... what's the point of the progress bar. Does not follow Microsoft UI Guidelines. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511331.aspx) - Clicking on "Register Game" on the autorun, closes the autorun panel and nothing occurs.Well there you have it, this is all I found at my first impression of the game update.Although, it might seams there is a lot of misses, these are for the most part, small details. However, I hope they will be address, and not ignore. Most of the misses can be fixed quickly with a small additional patch.

munq said:
munq said:
My Triss was slightly glitched at the beginning of Act III. Her long hair stuck rigidly forward as if the mirror in front of her was a big vacuum cleaner, giving me the impression that she had a long beard. ;D Too bad I forgot to take a screenshot.
I had the same glitch :D I thought they had given her long hair. I've had a few other of these "strech-glitches". Once I saw a old woman that had her face like from the infamous painting "Scream" or something. Also the hag at shanis house when died had an alien long neck :D
Triss' hair-beard problem here too. Perhaps game widow will add it to the bugs list on the witcher wiki. I also had a problem with some archespores / echinopsae in the swamp: on death (the monster's corpse) sometimes the petal "hand" that the plant hits you with (you know what I mean) had super-stretched "fingers", sometimes reaching as high as the trees in the swamp. Weird. Pity I never screenshot it.I don't know much about the game engine, but it seemed to me that the plant bug is a result of killing the monster at a particular phase of it's animation sequence, resulting in an uncontrolled S-T-R-E-T-C-H effect on the model. Or something like that. Anyone else have this problem?EDIT: Hmm. This time around, Triss' hair was fine. Fickle, this silly bug is.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've probably put at the very least a thousand hours into ES, (Morrowind and Oblivion), NWN and NWN2, Mass Effect, and a host of other RPG's etc.... :)I have to compliment this game on a very unique, enjoyable and entertaining experience. Certainly, its gameplay took some getting used to at first, but once acclimated, the emotional experience of playing was captivating and cinematic. For very recent games, I'd most liken it to Mass Effect, where you similarly developed such bonds with your NPC's. No problem at all with suspension of disbelief. The best compliment I can give is that while I loved the ES series, (Oblivion seduced me into RPG's when it came out and I branched out forward and back from there ;) ), rarely have I felt the slight emotional letdown at the end of a game like that of a good movie or finishing a really good book. Both The Witcher and Mass Effect left me feeling that way. I was sad they were over.Sure, the game did have a few much-debated weaknesses--mainly balance for me. I think the quest structure was a little off and also would have much preferred to to have some of the cooler weapons/armor by the end of Chapter 3, so I had more game left to enjoy them in. By the time I got them, there was really pretty little game left to enjoy them in. And yes, there was some boredom at killing the same monsters (drowners, etc) by the end of the game, so much that I just used my Talismans and didn't bother with them by Chapt. 5, if I didn't have to.However, no game is perfect, and this one was outstanding in the context of its storytelling and character relationships. I'll definitely be looking for the next installment. :)

... and there are many easter eggs or unexpected experiences which aren't mentioned, so it's a welcomed surprise when you stumble into them. It's nice to read that you like the game, welcome :beer:hmm, yes there are many drowners, where do they all come from?. :hmmm: But they still have a purpose. You harvest ingredients from them, Ginaz Acid earns you 15 Orens. Though in Act 5 Geralt isn't broke anymore. But you can use them for experiments. Use bombs and see the effects... or What happens when the curse is lifted from Adda and she returns to Old Vizima? takes the way through the cemetary swamp.

PetraSilie said:
But they still have a purpose. You harvest ingredients from them, Ginaz Acid earns you 15 Orens. Though in Act 5 Geralt isn't broke anymore. But you can use them for experiments. Use bombs and see the effects...
ROFL Haha, sadist. :p Never messed with the bombs, actually. Seemed kind of overkill. ;)The plot twists and turns were certainly enjoyable. ;)

Overall, I love the changes to the game. I am such a young gamer for a woman in her forties, but I especially like the ability to tailor the game(s) to my expertise- (such as it is). The new dialogs seems to be a great investment. Many of the new lines are making the game make more sense, which is what they were supposed to do, so that worked. I nearly fell out of my chair the first time I talked to the ferryman and saw Geralt's response . It was what we were all thinking after our 27th trip across the water. Perfect. then after a few more trips, I started missing the Hmmm... to the swamp- because it just seemed rude to keep saying the same "How many times... response.I started noticing that some of the sarcasm was missing in other dialogs. But still, the game plays better and load times are a dream, now. I purchased the EE even though I could have downloaded the content for free. I am superbly happy I went this way, because I like the box content. I don't think anyone would be unsatisfied with the new items included in the EE game box. My other complaint was that I really loved the old Carmen, and I really don't like the new one. I think that is a personal issue and not a reflection on the game designers. Besides, if my only complaints are two tiny issues, that means the EE is a huge success. I have both versions, and I love them both. The reality is that the larger inventory is lovely and the extra content makes the EE such a joy to play. This is kind of all over the place, but I hope you get the idea that I really love the EE. I am glad you all put in all of this effort. I am looking forward to new releases from you all.

so I thought i might post here.First time poster, long time player.Having just played through the EE, after originally playing through on the old version, The Witcher gets my official nod as the single gratest single-player game for PC i have ever played. Originally i played through the game on minimum specs, and whilst buggy, i still enjoyed itHowever, on this run through of the EE, i had upgraded my PC to be quite the beast. The difference in graphics, and therefore immersion, was immense.Being a gamer for close to 20 years, i feel this should be received by the development team as a great commendation.Congratulations on successfuly molding an action-rpg with an unbelievably immersive story.I look forward to future projects.Yours humbly,Juz

My first time playing Witcher. The content is nice. Usually games I buy the Collectors version because I like the trinklets that comes with it. For example Fallout 3 had the lunch box and bobble head. I'm still in chap 1, but I also bought the novel. So far, loving the game. Very unusual lead character. I read that people said load times were better. After playing recent crops of games like Fallout with short save/load times, I actually thought Witcher load/save times were long. But also notice the save games are fairly large in size.One thing I don't like is that you can't jump. So it means if a pebble is in the way, you have to walk around it. I'm 2 feet off the ground, but can't just walk off, have to find the a way to go down. Thats my biggest gripe of the game. Combat wise, its actually very limited. Just basically click on the mouse button. Originally I thought it would be more free form. Instead it just selects an enemy and just do a couple of clicks. I do like the concept of the different style of sword fights. The system is very user friendly, whatever shortcomings the character has, can be covered with potions.The voice overs are well done, especially the voice of Geralt.Overall I'm loving the game, I would have to say first time playing a European RPG. I played alot of Japanese and US RPG, and in terms of character and story telling its different. After I finish the game, will be eagerly waiting for Witcher 2.

Top Bottom